Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Used coingate.com last week. 30 euro call to a premium number.

Received 13.43 euros worth of bitcoin in my Coinbase account a few day later. (0.00253968 BTC) Bit of a rip off but there is literally noting else to spend it on with Tesco mobile.

May as well get something.

worth 14.20 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Received 13.43 euros worth of bitcoin in my Coinbase account a few day later. (0.00253968 BTC) Bit of a rip off but there is literally noting else to spend it on with Tesco mobile.

If you have PayPal there is websites where you can sell your bitcoin for PayPal they would pay 17 euro paypal for your balance so that ain't bad ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

If you have PayPal there is websites where you can sell your bitcoin for PayPal they would pay 17 euro paypal for your balance so that ain't bad ;)

SOunds interesting, can you point me in the direction with a link or tutorial?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

What was the exact message? Did it mention the word charity?

Its from Like Charity, but the limit has been set by 3. I can see nothing in their T&Cs.

"For Security reasons Three is setting a 40Euro limit on your donations. Sorry for any inconvenienceLIKECHARITY"

Like Charity have confirmed that they were instructed by 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Anyone know is it possible to spend the credit on the patreon app? Would rather not have to sign up and install the app to find out

• Advertisement

Anyone know is it possible to spend the credit on the patreon app? Would rather not have to sign up and install the app to find out

No doesn't appear so unfortunately. Only option for me was card or PayPal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

forgot to top up and wasted the guts of 100e on data yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,625 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

No doesn't appear so unfortunately. Only option for me was card or PayPal

Curious why you can't spend your credit on everything.

Do the sellers lose out on a portion of the cash if you pay using credit, or do they need to pay a commission to Three?

sweetie wrote: »

Set an automatic top-up every 28 days.

Basil3 wrote:
    Set an automatic top-up every 28 days.

Can you do that through the app?

• Advertisement

Can you do that through the app?

No idea. I think I did it through the website. I haven't really used the My3 app since they updated it....nothing on it that I need to look at since I'm set to monthly top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Feel your pain, I ate through 60

• Registered Users Posts: 13,625 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I get sent a warning text on Three when I'm about to use credit to pay for data. Did you not get sent one of those?

mrcheez wrote:
    I get sent a warning text on Three when I'm about to use credit to pay for data. Did you not get sent one of those?

I got one 2 months ago but not last month. So wasn't sure if they were just testing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Top Up Saver is a good app for 3 customers reminds you to top up

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jcarver

wong wrote: »
    Feel your pain, I ate through 60

Over 80e here! Could have topped up night before but thought it was better to do it in the morning to get an extra day and forgot

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

mrcheez wrote: »

No but looking back on sunday during the world cup final I got a text saying my plan was up on monday and missed it in the excitement. It was only virtual money anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

texas star wrote: »
    Top Up Saver is a good app for 3 customers reminds you to top up

Seems they charge for use of the app! €1 per month!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

It's not too hard to set up a reminder in Google Calendar which repeats every 4 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

I turn off my mobile data the night before my credit expires. Then my credit doesn't get eaten up and the lack of data reminds me to top up the next day.

• Advertisement

Apparently you can even set the scheduled top ups through the My3 App. No idea why people make life more difficult (and potentially more expensive) for themselves.

https://www.three.ie/plans/phone/prepay/how-to-top-up/

• Registered Users Posts: 31,850 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Basil3 wrote: »
    Apparently you can even set the scheduled top ups through the My3 App. No idea why people make life more difficult (and potentially more expensive) for themselves.

https://www.three.ie/plans/phone/prepay/how-to-top-up/
    Yeah its pretty easy.
    Spending 130 euro on it as credit isnt as easy....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Wouldn't it be great if you could buy cider with it.

Ah well, hope Lauralynn are getting a few quid

• Registered Users Posts: 31,850 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

xtal191 wrote: »
    Huh? Deezer is always 9.99
    Only seeing this now.
    I know it is alway 9.99, but what I meant is if you go off the plan (cancel or no credit) using your phone credit to pay for it, you cant get it back without a lot of hassle and creating a new deezer account.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Used coingate.com last week. 30 euro call to a premium number.

worth 14.20 today.

Ok so I just tried this myself the past 2 days. I made a Coingate account and had to send them a photo of my passport. Then I downloaded a program called Electrum which is a digital wallet. The I called the number Coingate gave me and spent 30 euros of my credit on the call. Then I received an amount of Bitcoin which I had to send to my wallet.

This is my first time ever doing anything like this so I'm still a bit skeptical. I checked how much my Bitcoin amount is worth and it says 13 euros. I can send it to my bank but there is a transaction fee. So what I'm going to do is wait til it builds up and then send it all in one go. Nice to get some money back really, nothing else to spend it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

Can I ask how much is the transaction fee to send it to your bank?

I think it said 3%. So basically 30 quid credit gets you just under 12 euros back. Not too shabby.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's pretty ****ing ****. Let's be honest.

RossieMan wrote:

How else can u get money back from phone company? It's basically free money so u can't really complain

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »

You do realise that the thread is about EXCESS credit? Maybe some reading lessons would help. Let's be honest.

Advertisement