Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

kaji wrote: »
    You do realise that the thread is about EXCESS credit? Maybe some reading lessons would help. Let's be honest.

Does excess credit not return full worth if you don't top up and burn it up using your phone?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I'd prefer to spend it on apps or subscriptions rather than wasting 17 euro to give to one of these "services".

Are you really getting 34 euro worth by getting 12 euro back? Sounds like a scam in my eyes.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Does excess credit not return full worth if you don't top up and burn it up using your phone?

Have you seen how much they charge per MB? At least highwaymen wore masks.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

whiterebel wrote: »
    Have you seen how much they charge per MB? At least highwaymen wore masks.....

Use it for txt's :D

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭go4it

How else can u get money back from phone company? It's basically free money so u can't really complain

On tesco i remember that the sales rep offered me to move my top-ups build-up credit from prepay to bill pay, and deduct from that amount the monthly bill.

I didn't push it, but maybe someone can try to move to bill pay and if the prepaid amount is more than 12/24 months of bill costs, maybe to try to spread the phone's price into monthly repayments....

@offtopic : some companies are charging a premium for customer care phone calls, to stop people abusing the system ; maybe you wanna call them and tell them long time accumulated feedback

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

kaji wrote: »
    Ok so I just tried this myself the past 2 days. I made a Coingate account and had to send them a photo of my passport. Then I downloaded a program called Electrum which is a digital wallet. The I called the number Coingate gave me and spent 30 euros of my credit on the call. Then I received an amount of Bitcoin which I had to send to my wallet.

This is my first time ever doing anything like this so I'm still a bit skeptical. I checked how much my Bitcoin amount is worth and it says 13 euros. I can send it to my bank but there is a transaction fee. So what I'm going to do is wait til it builds up and then send it all in one go. Nice to get some money back really, nothing else to spend it on.

BTC is on the up again after the crash, so it should be a sound investment over the year. Or even a few years of doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

RossieMan wrote: »
    I'd prefer to spend it on apps or subscriptions rather than wasting 17 euro to give to one of these "services".

Are you really getting 34 euro worth by getting 12 euro back? Sounds like a scam in my eyes.

Agreed. I think it's best to try to use it to pay for "stuff" rather than taking a loss every time.

The monthly Office subscription works great for me now @ €7/month. My monthly excess is €10 (after I top up by €20), so leaves me with €3 to use on something else.

Don't suppose you can pay for Netflix with it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

mrcheez wrote:
    Don't suppose you can pay for Netflix with it??

Not anymore, in Ireland anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Entonces

I 'think' you can pay for a Headspace subscription through the Headspace app using credit. It gives the option for carrier billing anyway.

It is a fantastic mindfulness app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Entonces wrote: »
    I 'think' you can pay for a Headspace subscription through the Headspace app using credit. It gives the option for carrier billing anyway.

That mindfulness is a load of auld cod imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

gmisk wrote: »
    Only seeing this now.
    I know it is alway 9.99, but what I meant is if you go off the plan (cancel or no credit) using your phone credit to pay for it, you cant get it back without a lot of hassle and creating a new deezer account.

Not wanting to derail this thread but is there anyway of getting deezer
    back once payment missed as struggling here to get it back so would really appreciate the steps if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭LariToper

Entonces wrote: »

The one frustrating thing about that is the in app purchase subscription is far more expensive than paying by card through the site. The yearly sub is €44 at the moment (normally €72) but the in app price is €95. If you pay month to month its €9.99 by card from the website or €12.99. Pretty large premium for paying by app.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Entonces

LariToper wrote: »
    The one frustrating thing about that is the in app purchase subscription is far more expensive than paying by card through the site. The yearly sub is €44 at the moment (normally €72) but the in app price is €95. If you pay month to month its €9.99 by card from the website or €12.99. Pretty large premium for paying by app.

Yeah that's a big difference in price alright. I guess using carrier billing you are kind of getting it for free anyway.
    Even at €77 a year its money will spent. The skills of mindfulness it teaches are priceless👌

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭kujaultima

Is anyone still managing to pay for Spotify with three credit? It seems to be disabled from Spotify itself, there is no mobile billing option for Ireland accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

I think they have stopped it in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

kujaultima wrote: »
    Is anyone still managing to pay for Spotify with three credit? It seems to be disabled from Spotify itself, there is no mobile billing option for Ireland accounts.

Your better off joining one of the Family groups in the Bargain Alerts forum. €30 for a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭kujaultima

fixxxer wrote: »
    Your better off joining one of the Family groups in the Bargain Alerts forum. €30 for a year.

thanks, I will check this out.

I have just purchased some new wifi speakers that support the following:
    - spotify (requires premium)
    - tunein
    - iheartradio
    - tidal
    - napster
    - deezer
    - amazon alexa (?)

So I'm on the hunt for whichever one of these have mobile billing with three. Will post an update later.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,850 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

kujaultima wrote: »
    thanks, I will check this out.

I have just purchased some new wifi speakers that support the following:
    - spotify (requires premium)
    - tunein
    - iheartradio
    - tidal
    - napster
    - deezer
    - amazon alexa (?)

So I'm on the hunt for whichever one of these have mobile billing with three. Will post an update later.
    Deezer works with no issues with three credit, I use it via my dots and sonos speaker (Just say - Alexa play "insert band name" on deezer)

Deezer works with no issues with three credit, I use it via my dots and sonos speaker (Just say - Alexa play "insert band name" on deezer)

Any difference in regards to range of music on offer compared to Spotify?

mrcheez wrote: »
    Any difference in regards to range of music on offer compared to Spotify?
    I have found everything I need on Deezer - quick google says deezer has 40m versus spotify with 30m - but varies by country apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

I have found everything I need on Deezer - quick google says deezer has 40m versus spotify with 30m - but varies by country apparently

Find Deezer the same as Spotify myself....Pay for deezer through three credit so may use it and not spend it on spotify.

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Find Deezer the same as Spotify myself....Pay for deezer through three credit so may use it and not spend it on spotify.

Apparently sound quality is better on Deezer.

I'm only using my Echo speakers for Spotify so doesn't make much of a difference for me, but nice to know it's possible to use with Three credit.

Might look at it when my Spotify family sub ends.

mrcheez wrote: »
    Apparently sound quality is better on Deezer.

I'm only using my Echo speakers for Spotify so doesn't make much of a difference for me, but nice to know it's possible to use with Three credit.

Might look at it when my Spotify family sub ends.
    Sound quality is perfect for me on Sonos.
    I think you get 3 free months with Deezer if using credit, only thing is make sure you have credit to pay for it each month.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

Bummer1234 wrote: »

Deezer geezer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

can you buy skype credit with it. Three credit

Noticed this week that there is an option in Alexa settings now to select deezer as the default music option so can just say alexa play..... And it will use deezer automatically

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

irishchris wrote: »
    Noticed this week that there is an option in Alexa settings now to select deezer as the default music option so can just say alexa play..... And it will use deezer automatically

same for spotify?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Spotify has always been there has it not?

yup

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    same for spotify?

Yes you can select amazon music, deezer or Spotify as your default music service in Alexa settings

Advertisement