Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Days Work For A Dublin Bus Driver

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 168 ✭✭dublinbuster

Its not a bad job. The new bills are a killer though. With zero turn around time when you get to your terminus.

This is why your buses are not arriving. I stopped caring about being on time.

Trick I learned to survive the day is to not give a sh1t about what passengers do as long as they dont set the place on fire with me in it. Pay what you want, do what you want.

. I just smile, drive and try to draw a bit of craic out of passengers on the way.

As a spare man, I bring my own vasoline at this stage. All my duties are over 8 and half hours with 55min break for the day.

I work the same hours as many senior men and they do an extra day.

It went way over the head of most poster who replied, this man get its.
    You post here complain about DB, well now you know why bus dont turn up on time and goes missing, drinking/smoking upstairs, other anti social behaviour, drivers get screwed by rosters so dont care, just turn up and do bare minimum , put in zero extra effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

You post here complain about DB, well now you know why bus dont turn up on time and goes missing, drinking/smoking upstairs, other anti social behaviour, drivers get screwed by rosters so dont care, just turn up and do bare minimum , put in zero extra effort.

We get it. Some drivers hate their jobs. There’s people in all forms of employment just like them. I’ve told some of my colleagues to find new jobs. Why should us that do care have to put up with their stinking attitudes? Why should customers have to put up with it too? The problem is that the dissatisfied people have become so lazy that they don’t want to improve and can’t be bothered. They prefer to moan rather than change their lot because finding another job means that they actually have to work if they start new employment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Tbh as a passenger I couldn't care less if the person driving the bus I am getting isin't the most polite or friendly individual as long as the he/she gets me there on time and in one piece. Others should feel the same in my opinion. I couldn't give a shíte about their customer service skills if they have or not as long they don't decide to take it on me and other and other passengers.

What do people expect from bus drivers?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,202 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

And expect better pay for it or go on strike :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

just turn up and do bare minimum , put in zero extra effort.

Dictionary definition of a Dublin Bus employee right there.

The problem is that you want to blame the rosters, or the management, or the government, or the public, or whatever it is you can blame this week, when the fact is that lads like you would have the same attitude if you were working on a lemonade stand.

• Advertisement

Dictionary definition of a Dublin Bus employee right there.

The problem is that you want to blame the rosters, or the management, or the government, or the public, or whatever it is you can blame this week, when the fact is that lads like you would have the same attitude if you were working on a lemonade stand.

spoken like a true door mat.
    take what ever your given and be grateful
    dont dare try improve your lot in life
    people like you have the country the way it is
    complain about everything, and still vote for the same people every election

spoken like a true door mat.
    take what ever your given and be grateful
    dont dare try improve your lot in life
    people like you have the country the way it is
    complain about everything, and still vote for the same people every election
    Everyone elses fault as usual eh?

pjohnson wrote: »
    Everyone elses fault as usual eh?

your a door mat
    take your lumps and like it
    i highlighted why you would be waiting for a bus that never arrives
    drivers would work to rule and not put in any extra effort
    give the drivers a woeful roster, expect a unenthusiastic responce
    i would not be surprised if those who believe its fine roster are FTP holders on the dole, experience is they are the biggest complainers of all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭enricoh

Otherwise known as "anybody who can do a decent days work without whining".

Want to hear a funny story? In my company there is only one thing the foreman, service manager and aftersales manager are agreed upon, and its that we will never hire anybody who came from Dublin bus workshops. Not one of us has ever worked with anybody worth a damn who came from there, the attitudes bred in that work environment are just horrendous.

The brother in law works in said workshops. He used to fill me in on the work practices and wasters in the place. Fast forward a few years and he has turned into one himself! I would say virtually unemployable at this stage!

enricoh wrote: »
    The brother in law works in said workshops. He used to fill me in on the work practices and wasters in the place. Fast forward a few years and he has turned into one himself! I would say virtually unemployable at this stage!

things that never happened #35,766

• Advertisement

your a door mat
    i would not be surprised if those who believe its fine roster are FTP holders on the dole, experience is they are the biggest complainers of all
    Yeah and why dont you get your unions to demand better rosters? But no. In the last few minutes alone you've been posting in threads about how you expect a pay rise to match LUAS drivers. Why dont you lot forget about the money and demand a better roster? But no ye are happy when ya get more money and then completely forget about your roster issues.

I thought inefficent work was a product of bad rosters? Why are now denying that inefficent workers are present?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

how would you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

I'm a little confused by your OP. How many hours do you work and how much do you get paid?

Is there health/pension or any other add-ons included with your pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,518 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

jim salter wrote: »
    On no, he didn't

He's behind you!!!

your a door mat

Why don’t you look for a job elsewhere?

Yeah and why dont you get your unions to demand better rosters? But no. In the last few minutes alone you've been posting in threads about how you expect a pay rise to match LUAS drivers. Why dont you lot forget about the money and demand a better roster? But no ye are happy when ya get more money and then completely forget about your roster issues.

money solves all problems
    throw enough money at a problem it will go away
    the fact that db pay about 10k more than go ahead for driving must be eating you and others alive
    the pay rise will at the very least match luas, most likely exceed, the freak out here will be epic
    bad roster equals no extra effort, this in turn equals buses not running, this in turn equals fines for db, this in turn equals improved rosters

Why don’t you look for a job elsewhere?

why fight hitler?
    he is only killing people on continental europe
    he will leave the uk and usa alone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭enricoh

Maybe your right, he could be a Russian spy or anything really! I'm going to look at him at a whole new light now!

how would you know?

should the onus to provide proof not be on the poster who made the initial claim?

• Advertisement

why fight hitler?
    he is only killing people on continental europe
    he will leave the uk and usa alone

It's simple. You don't have to put up and shut up. Find a job elsewhere that will make you happy. Live is too short to be miserable. However, I suspect you prefer to moan rather than do something about your situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

the fact that db pay about 10k more
    no extra effort

Thats Dublin bus for you.

I'm a little confused by your OP. How many hours do you work and how much do you get paid?

Is there health/pension or any other add-ons included with your pay?

off top of head
    39 hour
    about 42/44k cant be more exact of top of head, excludes ot
    contrary to popular belief zero ad ons/perks/bonus/freebies
    **** pension that we pay into worth e130 a week when you hit retirement, which will probable be 75 in the next few years

I, I suspect you prefer to moan rather than do something about your situation.
    next time a bus does not turn up remember what you posted here

next time a bus does not turn up remember what you posted here

I don't get the bus often but I would advise anyone that is not happy in their job to change job.

Do you really want to be miserable in a place where you spend approximately 1/3 of your life?

If you think Dublin Bus workers have it easy and cushy and are overpaid why don't you apply next time they are hiring. If you don't you are either on the dole and too lazy to work or you don't have a full driving licence if your looking for a driving role that is.

Or maybe ya don't live in Dublin :pac:

Or maybe ya don't live in Dublin :pac:

Then you can apply for Bus Eireann same parent company same wages and same conditions more or less. Plenty of DB drivers don't live in Dublin also.

money solves all problems
    throw enough money at a problem it will go away
    the fact that db pay about 10k more than go ahead for driving must be eating you and others alive
    the pay rise will at the very least match luas, most likely exceed, the freak out here will be epic
    bad roster equals no extra effort, this in turn equals buses not running, this in turn equals fines for db, this in turn equals improved rosters

Why would it eat me alive. Just pointing out stupidity. You want rosters to change. Yet you do nothing to have them change, apparently your solution is to do less work for more money. And you wonder why workplaces avoid hiring ex DB employee's? At least your honest at least about just wanting more money for less work!

• Advertisement

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Then you can apply for Bus Eireann same parent company same wages and same conditions more or less. Plenty of DB drivers don't live in Dublin also.

Or already be employed. And doing a job you're happy with. Plenty of reasons not to apply actually. That line is quite tired tbh. If you dont support bus drivers you must be unemployed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement