Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dee Forbes banging the RTE TV licence drum again 60m uncollected fee *poll not working - pl ignore*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

They really need to keep the interns out of the newsroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Did you not know that spelling, reading, writing or math is no longer required to be educated shur? That enforcing any of those 4 requirements for passing is racist?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Like any job, if they can't get the small things right then how in the hell can you trust them with the big things

In the Radio forum there was a thread on one of their radio newsreaders, which as closed because it might offend him

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058196188/newsreader-danny-keown-rte

• Advertisement

Almost 2 years since RTE announced "major" cutbacks, the only one that they have actually implemented is closing the DAB radio transmitters in Dublin, Cork & Limerick. a poster on the radio forum calculated that closing these transmitters has saved just €77 per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

interesting , i certainly wouldn't be impressed if i logged in here and saw a thread "ash j williams, the worst artificial cattle inseminator in ireland" it's like a reverse linkedin , it would affect future employment prospects etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,288 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

So that means some pleb who has to wash the cups is now entitled to Name brand milk in his/ her coffee, rather than the cheap stuff from Lidl.

Probably didn't save anything, tbh.

True, but if Ash J. Williams could not impregnate after 2 years of manual masturbating a bull, there would be question for Mr. Williams employer as to why he was still only collecting sperm and not following it with the insemination of the cows. Not one calf after 2 years!

And TBH it is not a case of accent or even a case of mispronunciation, it is a case of the national broadcaster failing to train the person and/or help the person improve.

Do we have to tippy-toe around everyone these days. I suppose much like myself the newsreader is Dyslexic.

Hopefully Newstalk will listen to applications for newsreaders rather than just look at their CV/LinkedIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i've a 100% success rate and also sell milkshakes with the leftovers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,643 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Nothing at all on RTE about the extensive flooding in retail outlets in Dundrum and Cornelscourt yesterday, must not suit their advertisers to report it. Their 'climate change' reporting must be filtered like the way they cover other 'cultural' topics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Why are they wasting money on a show called Glow Up, where Maura Higgins looks for Ireland's next makeup star?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

They need at least one original for RTÉ2, and it is desperate to be BBC THREE.

This line up... Also, couldn't even spell Keelin Shanley's name right in the announcement. Fer gawd's sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,087 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

"The Irish Wedding" - A study in what D4 heads think happens outside the M50, including many staged scenarios of same.

Donnie the CNN superstar from Ireland has his own Doc on RTÉ, oh look there's a bandwagon, oh look RTÉ's trying to get on it.

The irony too. He more than likely had to leave the country because RTE 'weren't hiring'.

RTE are now showing a series from CNN about Diana and the Royals, regardless of audience this isn't something that would generally be put on RTÉ. Virgin Media could easily buy and it would suit their ITV Royal love-ins. but you know that Andrew guy you'd not want to mention him or his problems.

M

I'm assuming RTE didn't commission this new report as it's not broken down to granual level to include those who identify as the starting motor from a 1996 Opel Kadett.

A new report on diversity in RTÉ has found that, on average, more men than women participated in discussions on radio and television programmes during a period in 2020.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0825/1242866-diversity-report/

• Advertisement

It was paid for by the BAI with the use of the Licence Fee, rather then making content they invest into academic reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

RTE News Now is truly a comedy News programme; can anyone name a News Channel that shows Mass, apart from,probably,The Vatican?! They open the batting by showing the radio presenters of Morning Ireland reading the news, which is essentially like watching paint dry for the rest of us. This is then changed to the lunchtime news which is repeated ad nauseam until teatime,when TG4 news and the signing news is shoved in, to fill a gap until the Angelus (which is severely due banishment or an update). All the while, they play the Euronews tune relentlessly when a news presenter or weather presenter isn't actually speaking. After the 6pm news, guess what? it's repeated again and again until eventually we are graced with Euronews, which appears to be a holding cell for people who failed to get into RTE the first time. Could somebody please put RTENN out of our misery?

I am not sure I understand the Euronews turn. They usually use RTÉ news' own theme during the day.

RTÉ seem to have a problem with news bulletins on TV in the morning, they can't give an answer as to why they don't or can't have a TV news bulletin except at the weekend at 1pm.

M

More salary news from RTE released, would be very interested what the 22 who are on €150k-250k do in the organisation...

117 staff members at RTÉ last year earned in excess of €100,000 in basic salary. That is according to new figures published by RTÉ which show that of the 117 staff members, 22 earned between €150,000 and €250,000.

https://www.thejournal.ie/rte-salaries-top-earners-5533939-Aug2021/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Very few enterprises would be so top heavy in the wage department

Of the top of my head non-Executive board executives could include (There are 10 exe board members)

Head of Sport

Head of Acquisitions and Broadcasting

Head of Independent Productions Unit (Within this you have genre "group" heads)

Head of Corporate Communications

Head of Scheduling

Head of 2FM

Head of Radio 1

Head of Lyric FM

Head of RnaG

Head of Music Groups

Head of RTÉ online

Head of Facilities/Studio

Head of I have just made up this position and I think we should all take a 6 week break at the end of July

M

How unwoke from the normally ultra in your face woke organisation...

Asked for a gender breakdown on those earning over €100,000, the spokesman said: “RTÉ does not publish a breakdown of salary bands by gender."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,330 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

In other words it's basically all men else they would have to pay an auditor thousands of euros to count the female names

• Registered Users Posts: 34,224 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement

Anybody can see Montrose is a total basket case of over inflated egos, nepotism, cronyism & next to zero real 'talent' ......its an 'old boy's club, always was & always will be. All in all, it's a VERY failed model & I think even the insiders are aware of this. It's been said on here a million times....... let's go for a 'pay per view' model & see how long they last. I think even the last 2/3 governments ( that are, let's be honest, totally interdependent/ entwined with each other) are well aware that it's a joke at this stage. €160 a year for fair city, biased news coverage , and some truly dodgy radio presenters ( Lottie Ryan, Jennifer zamparelli, dorieann etc.)..... it sure ain't a sustainable model.

Advertisement