Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dee Forbes banging the RTE TV licence drum again 60m uncollected fee *poll not working - pl ignore*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

99nsr125 wrote: »
    That'd be hilarious if it wasn't so sad

The Irish government did the same thing a few years back on some educational materials.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Maybe all the Donegal boyo’s knew something was up hence their yellow reg plates.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭gifted

Anyone know where Micheál Lehane has gone too? Not the same watching the news without him giving the political report.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

gifted wrote: »
    Anyone know where Micheál Lehane has gone too? Not the same watching the news without him giving the political report.

I think he’s like Dracula, he only comes out at night!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

McGaggs wrote: »
    The Irish government did the same thing a few years back on some educational materials.

I'd say the graphics are produced in London

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Elmo wrote: »
    I'd say the graphics are produced in London
    I'm trying to zoom in to see if RTE have Rockall in Brit colours?

retalivity wrote: »
    Ireland's national broadcaster not even aware where the border is.
    Height of laziness and/or ignorance.

ErKMMrxXYAA_i5c?format=jpg&name=small

https://www.irishmirror.ie/tv/rte-news-viewers-left-baffled-23283596

Looks like Donegal and Leitrim don't need to pay the rte licence fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Looks like Donegal and Leitrim don't need to pay the rte licence fee.

Donegal don’t pay the State too much, in fairness.

Not too many of them heard of Howley.........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Claire Byrne coming from outside the mater tonight I see.... Really tearin the hole out of it.. What purpose can this stuff possibly serve??

Donegal don’t pay the State too much, in fairness.

Not too many of them heard of Howley.........:D

Who's Howley?

• Advertisement

Who's Howley?

Ah now, so you don't know him either... Interesting.. he's the boy that'll lighten your load

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Claire Byrne coming from outside the mater tonight I see.... Really tearin the hole out of it.. What purpose can this stuff possibly serve??

More fear mongering, probably.

'Covid has mutated again, and can now physically pick up your child, and carry it away and MURDER them-and Covid is airborne, so it can fly'.

Sounds ridiculous I know, but it's Claire Byrne-anything's possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,276 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

More fear mongering, probably.

'Covid has mutated again, and can now physically pick up your child, and carry it away and MURDER them-and Covid is airborne, so it can fly'.

Sounds ridiculous I know, but it's Claire Byrne-anything's possible.

I'm expecting them to say next it can be spread through a phonecall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Or through a television, which might stop people looking at that crap. They really take pleasure in frightening the old people of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Kivaro wrote: »
    Or through a television, which might stop people looking at that crap. They really take pleasure in frightening the old people of Ireland.

If you are not frightened you are not in possession of the facts,

Ah now, so you don't know him either... Interesting.. he's the boy that'll lighten your load

Has anyone here heard of Howley?

Has anyone here heard of Howley?

This fella here

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭20/20

Was it not the 5G masts that started all this.

Kivaro wrote: »

People who haven't paid their license fee are 99% more likely to get Covid-19.

Heard that from a friend of a friend...

But honestly, I know this disease is nothing to joke about... But every single day, there's no easing up on this coverage.

Swine Flu wasn't given this level of fear mongering.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

People who haven't paid their license fee are 99% more likely to get Covid-19.

Heard that from a friend of a friend...

But honestly, I know this disease is nothing to joke about... But every single day, there's no easing up on this coverage.

Swine Flu wasn't given this level of fear mongering.

Swine flu didn't incapacitate an entire ****ing planet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Weepsie wrote: »
    Swine flu didn't incapacitate an entire ****ing planet

Bit OTT.

I suppose if incapacitate you mean self-imposed then it would be reasonable. These restrictions are manmade decisions though.

ligerdub wrote: »
    Bit OTT.

I suppose if incapacitate you mean self-imposed then it would be reasonable. These restrictions are manmade decisions though.

I don't recall swine flu arriving in Ireland.

I don't recall swine flu arriving in Ireland.

Oh it did-was pretty freaking serious too.

I had swine flu, and it was very similar to Covid (had that too-neither are fun). It was pretty prevalent in Ireland, and sadly some people did die (20 overall).

https://www.findersinternational.ie/uncategorized/irelands-history-pandemics/

The effect of the virus wasn't as bad-though apparently, some were left with side effects afterwards. (Someone I know who has a history of bronchitis has said they have to get the regular flu vaccine every year after having Swine flu. It left some lingering side effects).

More people were careful with swine flu than they were with Covid, tbqh.

Oh it did-was pretty freaking serious too.

I had swine flu, and it was very similar to Covid (had that too-neither are fun). It was pretty prevalent in Ireland, and sadly some people did die (20 overall).

https://www.findersinternational.ie/uncategorized/irelands-history-pandemics/

The effect of the virus wasn't as bad-though apparently, some were left with side effects afterwards. (Someone I know who has a history of bronchitis has said they have to get the regular flu vaccine every year after having Swine flu. It left some lingering side effects).

More people were careful with swine flu than they were with Covid, tbqh.

I only remember being screened by thermal camera on arrival in Hanoi airport. And the Mrs telling me she'd kill me of I caught a cold camping at the electric picnic the weekend before and got detained with suspected swine flu in Vietnam.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I only remember being screened by thermal camera on arrival in Hanoi airport. And the Mrs telling me she'd kill me of I caught a cold camping at the electric picnic the weekend before and got detained with suspected swine flu in Vietnam.

Did she try kill ya?

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

So according to the Irish Examiner the Annual Report for 2019 has finally been released, but its not on the site yet? Strange day to release it but perhaps they are now holding off due to the current news.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40206110.html

Operating cost €337.8m
    Income €196.3m + €145.8m = €342.1m (Up 2.1m from 2018)
    profit = €4.3

That might before tax and all the other stuff

Doing well ?

So according to the Irish Examiner the Annual Report for 2019 has finally been released, but its not on the site yet? Strange day to release it but perhaps they are now holding off due to the current news.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40206110.html

Operating cost €337.8m
    Income €196.3m + €145.8m = €342.1m (Up 2.1m from 2018)
    profit = €4.3

That might before tax and all the other stuff

Doing well ?

The stench of entitlement off of Moya Doherty...

Jesus, you'd swear people owed her a job at RTE. Do RTE employees have to draw a sword from a stone or something to prove their right to suckle at the teet of the national broadcaster?

The stench of entitlement off of Moya Doherty...

Jesus, you'd swear people owed her a job at RTE. Do RTE employees have to draw a sword from a stone or something to prove their right to suckle at the teet of the national broadcaster?

I think that RTÉ honestly believe that they are providing a strong service to their audience. I think that RTÉ's only form of reform is to suggest redundancies, rather that to move people to different departments. If I was in a 9 to 5 in RTÉ and they suggested that I might like to do some production work I'd go for it. Why work in RTÉ on accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I think that RTÉ honestly believe that they are providing a strong service to their audience. I think that RTÉ's only form of reform is to suggest redundancies, rather that to move people to different departments. If I was in a 9 to 5 in RTÉ and they suggested that I might like to do some production work I'd go for it. Why work in RTÉ on accounts?

They do ok..... it’s just costing way way too much.

Simple as.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,276 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You do wonder is there any originality or new blood allowed in the organisation, their latest idea for a documentary is on letters people wrote to Gay Byrne over the years...

https://www.rte.ie/culture/2021/0112/1189150-dear-gay-new-documentary-wants-your-gaybo-story/

Advertisement