Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dee Forbes banging the RTE TV licence drum again 60m uncollected fee *poll not working - pl ignore*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

No fines?

Seems like a tap on the wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

No fines?

The poor retiree
    All present at the gathering to retake RTɒs COVID-19 induction training;

• Registered Users Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I haven’t had time lately to look at the boards.

What was he reaction here like when that news broke about RTÉ current affairs stars broke he Covid rules?

I hope folks were more angry about this than Golfgate - these RTÉ twits should know better especially when they the ones questioning and chastising the politicians,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

No fines?

They're hardly going to fine themselves.
    "Retake RTEs COVID-19 induction training;" FFS, the world and its mother knows what to do and what not to do with regards to covid, and a lot of the info has been disseminated to the public from these muppets.

Nothing will change at RTE without outside pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,235 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Lucky they don't work for sky.

I see Kay Burley is off air for 6 months for breaking covid guidelines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,354 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

More likely to get a pay rise here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

fritzelly wrote: »
    More likely to get a pay rise here

Probably.

"Ah de poor babies, they need more money for all de stress they endured from having to be asked questions about their actions by the public/people in government....can yis imagine, some people hounding you and demanding answers/accountability for your actions....some folks have no class and should just let people get on with their lives!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

NIMAN wrote: »

RTE are not accountable to anybody.
    That's the big difference. They know that they can get away with pretty much anything.
    They are a disgrace of an organisation with only self-serving interests at the core of their ideology. Ireland would be a much better (and happier) country without RTE.

NIMAN wrote: »

Won't lose any pay. Suspended with pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,604 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Seems she hosted a party in a restaurant for nine plus herself to celebrate her 60th birthday (dining limit is 6 in UK).

Some of the party later went on to her house in breach of number of households mixing regulations.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-55257817

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Won't lose any pay. Suspended with pay.

A wise decision by Sky, the likes of Kate Burley would be snapped up by most News Channels around the world.
    Where would the likes of our superstar Miriam go if she was sacked by RTE?
    And the likes of Duffy, d'Arcy and Tubridy while we're at it
    Answers on a postcard please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

mgn wrote: »
    A wise decision by Sky, the likes of Kate Burley would be snapped up by most News Channels around the world.

Eurotrash?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,354 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

If they suspended them and got other people in then everyone would realise how bad the lot of them are

You may be right about KB, a commercial decision by Sky.

M O'C worked for both Thames TV and BBC before RTE. Doesn't mean she would go back to either of them if sacked. Maybe Virgin Media?

No reports of JD, RdA or RT breaching guidelines.

No reports of JD, RdA or RT breaching guidelines.[/QUOTE]

I never said the did, I'm on about how useless the are, but you know that anyway but you cant say it.

I never said the did, I'm on about how useless the are, but you know that anyway but you cant say it.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for any upset, I thought we were talking about Covid 19 breaches.

I thought I could say what I like as long as I keep within site rules.

If you want to be my spokesman please apply through the normal channels :)

elperello wrote: »
    I never said the did, I'm on about how useless the are, but you know that anyway but you cant say it.

If you want to be my spokesman please apply through the normal channels :)[/QUOTE]

You can say what you like.

But if anyone else says what the like about RTE, your on here to defend them straight away.

If you want to be my spokesman please apply through the normal channels :)

You can say what you like.

But if anyone else says what the like about RTE, your on here to defend them straight away.[/QUOTE]

Thank you I'm glad we cleared that up. Freedom of speech and all that.

I think you will find that the vast majority of my posts in this thread have been about the future of Public Service Broadcasting.

If I was to defend every anti RTE post on this site I'd get nothing done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Seems covid rule breaking is taken seriously in other broadcasters. I wonder will any of the 45 found breaking covid rules at the RTE party be asked to step away? Also lol at RTE reporting.

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1337080190778961920?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

smurgen wrote: »
    Seems covid rule breaking is taken seriously in other broadcasters. I wonder will any of the 45 found breaking covid rules at the RTE party be asked to step away? Also lol at RTE reporting.
    So funny ...... asked to step away ..... at RTE.
    The reality is that a small number of them will be asked (nicely) to re-take some training, and Dee Forbes said that amongst the measures being implemented is a "very clear communications plan to remind everyone around the protocols of gatherings in RTÉ".

In order words, Dee is going to send an e-mail to remind the excessively-paid staff and stars not to get caught when they breach Covid rules in the future.

• Advertisement

You may be right about KB, a commercial decision by Sky.

M O'C worked for both Thames TV and BBC before RTE. Doesn't mean she would go back to either of them if sacked. Maybe Virgin Media?

RTÉ would have commercial decision to make also, and on top of that they have pubic service decisions to make.

Thames TV lost its license in the 1990s, and its production company mainly produce light entertainment shows for ITV now.

M O'C and the rest should pop long to the BBC if they want, I am sure there is a place on BBC Scotland for her, I see her Mr. O'Callaghan has developed RTÉ Scotland up there. :pac:

Elmo wrote: »
    RTÉ would have commercial decision to make also, and on top of that they have pubic service decisions to make.

Thames TV lost its license in the 1990s, and its production company mainly produce light entertainment shows for ITV now.

M O'C and the rest should pop long to the BBC if they want, I am sure there is a place on BBC Scotland for her, I see her Mr. O'Callaghan has developed RTÉ Scotland up there. :pac:

I'm conscious of the fact that we are probably engaging in idle speculation anyway. I'd consider there is little likelihood of any sackings.

Of course you are referring to Steve Carson. Though it's not unknown for men to take their spouses name on marriage I don't think he has.

Of course you are referring to Steve Carson. Though it's not unknown for men to take their spouses name on marriage I don't think he has.

I am being sarcastic because he got a job in BBC Scotland and largely produced RTÉ Scotland, without film, sport, imports or a Daytime schedule and he's be lambasted for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

smurgen wrote: »

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1337080190778961920?s=19

She's been asked to 'step away' for six months on full pay. Imagine the uproar if Dobbo or Genuinely Miriam were given a six month break on full pay.

RTÉ won't comment on their interest in buy a share of maximum media back in 2018, they will not denied documents relating to discussions to this exist. But imagine if that deal had gone through????

Said journalist have not only got her kids on that late late Christmas women's song ..... That's been completely forgotten about.... but no has them on a talent show....

Who told you you could sing?

Our mammy & twitter & everyone

Said journalist have not only got her kids on that late late Christmas women's song ..... That's been completely forgotten about.... but no has them on a talent show....

Did anyone even buy that song? The 'Irish women in harmony' one?

Checked official single charts, and checked the irish download charts... and can't find it anywhere.

Performed pretty badly, it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Did anyone even buy that song? The 'Irish women in harmony' one?

Checked official single charts, and checked the irish download charts... and can't find it anywhere.

Performed pretty badly, it seems.

The patriarchy are to blame for that.

sligojoek wrote: »
    The patriarchy are to blame for that.

Fecking men, with their penises, and ability to lift things...

We're horrible, so we are...:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Who is the journalist?

Advertisement