Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time at a footmall match

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

They also got a mention from Fat boy Slim at some point right?

They did. The Bohs manager is called Keith Long and he turned a load of underpaid kids and made them play good football. In response the fans paid tribute to him with this. Fatboy Slim saw it and requested a personal print of it. Also displayed it during a video montage at one of his gigs.

bohsbanner.jpg?format=500w

Always loved this cheeky one from Drogheda United on Good Friday a couple of years back

a-banner-on-display-at-the-game-390x285.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

They also got a mention from Fat boy Slim at some point right?

This is my fav, from Dundalk

C9Z3MzUXYAADiHL.jpg

Fat boy slim is a Bohs fan, as is Samuel L Jackson bizarrely. We had a lovely banner draped over the ha'penny bridge a couple of years ago with a few flares going. It was quite a sight! I can't link it but it's easily found

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

A little bit of heroin in the arm,
    A little bit cocaine in the nose,
    A little bit of acid on the tongue
    A little bit of hashish to the lung...

Sang to the tune of Mambo#5
    (a little bit of Monica in my life)

Laughing my arse off, thats class :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Omackeral wrote: »

He acknowledges it. About halfway through he says “this is the weirdest gig I’ve ever done!”

That's quality. I lived on Goldsmith St and used to pop around to watch Bohs when I was in college. It wasn't always as friendly but it was a great way to spend an evening.

While living there, my brother made his debut for Sligo vs Bohs in Dalymount... couldn't have been handier for me. It turned out to be his one and only game for Sligo as he went off playing GAA instead. But at least he can now say that he played under a guy that beat Pep Guardiola.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Dundalk have taken to playing Nessum Dorma before matches. Try singing that!

(Glad to say they still play ‘don’t worry, everything’s gonna be all right’ )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

As a Cork man im offended.

(Im not - thats brilliant)

It was on may 4th last year (or the year before) which is international star wars day. It's actually a very clever display as well as well done artistically

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lillielad

Hi i have piles please help!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Well done Dad.

Hope the two of you continue to attend games over the summer.

There's nothing like live sport and feeling apart of your own community. Something that tv and foreign leagues can never replicate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭greenpilot

jpastay wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you weren't able to get that, if you send an email to media @sligorovers .com we'll sort it for you free of postage and a free pass for the next game for him.

Hi,

That is very kind of you. He will be delighted. I will e-mail you later.

Kind Regards,

Paul and james!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭greenpilot

If genuine . fair play!

He brought copies of his ticket into school today and apparently the lads and ladies were q-ing up to have a look at them. Very sweet!

P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Johnny Logan came to sing at Oriel Park as well so there
    Dundalk fans listened intently.
    Here's the video if you dont believe me, listen closely you'll here him in the background!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Fair play OP.

In my experience, kids are happy to go to a local game of any code, enjoy the social and community side of it and just spend quality time with their Ma and/or Da.

I think it also gives kids a more realistic view of sport, loyalty and achievement, IMO.

All the usual waffle about 'standards' is just hot air from barflys and overgrown football card collectors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Fair play OP.

In my experience, kids are happy to go to a local game of any code, enjoy the social and community side of it and just spend quality time with their Ma and/or Da.

All the waffle about 'standards' is just hot air from barflys and overgrown football card collectors.

Kids will enjoy any aul occasion that offers a bit of noise and colour, whats on the pitch is irrelevant half the time whether you are at GAA, Rugby or Soccer.

Fairplay OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Wrap up as if it was 5-8 degrees cooler than forecast. Always seems to be colder watching a match. Not fun to be freezing especially if the game is crap.

If the match is in Bray, multiply the coldness estimate by 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

If the match is in Bray, multiply the coldness estimate by 3.

one hundred percent agree, we used to go regularly when caught in the limbo of being old enough to be out too young to be drinking and a mate of mine would end up every game at the carlisle with lips as purple as kate winslet on the door at the end of titanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Coffee Fulled Runner

usually people sick of the right wing **** you usually get in the stands
    You don't get that in league of Ireland. Well at least not where it is an issue, maybe the odd comment from some auld idiot who normally gets put in their place.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

You don't get that in league of Ireland. Well at least not where it is an issue, maybe the odd comment from some auld idiot who normally gets put in their place.

Yeah that's fair enough, you don't have too many political groups beyond the NBB and e the SEI either though. I was thinking more of in the rest of Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

greenpilot wrote: »
    Vertict:

I'll definitely go again. The boy wants to start supporting Sligo Rovers. He was particularly impressed with a player called McCabe. It was a fun, amicable crowd with very loyal supporters.
    One thing I would say is that the young lad was disappointed to see the merchandise stand closed after the match. You see, he wanted to buy a hay and scarf to show that he supported Sligo, but it was closed. They are missing a trick there. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would like to purchase after a match. I found the experience great for a boy who could see am actual team play 5 feet from him in reality rather than watching a bunch of overpaid primas on tv. To him, it was tangible, a realistic goal of his and literally just up the road. I now have to try and get him a Rovers scarf and hat! A good evening. I had to drag him out of bed this morning.
    Delighted to hear this. Glad you enjoyed yourselves, and delighted to hear the young lad wants to follow the LOI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

jpastay wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you weren't able to get that, if you send an email to media @sligorovers .com we'll sort it for you free of postage and a free pass for the next game for him.

Greatest league in the world.

Advertisement