Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8th amendment referendum part 3 - Mod note and FAQ in post #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

kylith wrote: »
    Is it morally right to further traumatise a rape victim?
    They're not the first poster to suggest rape committees. It's obvious from their posts that they do not care one iota about women.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

They're not the first poster to suggest rape committees. It's obvious from they're posts that they do not care one iota about women.

I know. I just want them to say it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

NAGDEFI wrote: »
    No YOU quite clearly don't.

I'm not the one who brought up "the weakest in society". You did, buddy. ;) But you only care about some of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 755 ✭✭✭NAGDEFI

SusieBlue wrote: »
    So if your wife/daughter/sister found herself pregnant as a result of rape, you would be advising and pleading with her not to have a termination? You would want her and encourage her to keep the baby?

Or is it only a problem when other people’s wives do it?

Yes. I might be told where to go though! But yes.

_Dara_ wrote: »
    I'm not the one who brought up "the weakest in society". You did, buddy. ;) But you only care about some of them.

The same can be said of you.

• Advertisement

They are. Abortion on demand kills innocent life.

So does forcing someone to be pregnant when it will kill them or causes them to take their own life, because thats what the 8th does, but your fine with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Nobody demands an abortion.

Nobody is advocating for the killing of 'innocent' babies. (Or any babies...)

Nobody is saying that a baby conceived in rape or through incest is 'less' than a baby conceived via other methods.

People who access abortions are not murderers.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    So does forcing someone to be pregnant when it will kill them or causes them to take their own life, because thats what the 8th does, but your fine with that.
    Of course he is. Women are dispensable going by his posts.

gctest50 wrote: »
    So you want pregnancy tests at airports then ?

That's utter rubbish. You can't deny the right to travel. But you can legislate as much as possible to protect the unborn.

What's with all the questions for No voters. We're not coming on here to be interviewed by the Yes bandwagon.

That's utter rubbish. You can't deny the right to travel. But you can legislate as much as possible to protect the unborn.

What's with all the questions for No voters. We're not coming on here to be interviewed by the Yes bandwagon.
    Imagine! Discussion! On a DISCUSSION BOARD!!!! Whatever next?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

They are. Abortion on demand kills innocent life.

That it does.

But we've been exporting this problem to England for the last 50 years and kidding ourselves that it doesn't go on.

If women don't want to have the kids we can't force them and if their life is at risk then absolutely, an abortion has to be an option.

Its not something that should be in the constitution.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Who drummed up the abortion on demand line. People make it seem like it'll be as easy as ordering a takeaway.

And whoever mentioned emotional hogwash earlier, both sides have been guilty of that.

The same can be said of you.

As said, you brought that up. Not me.

Of course he is. Women are dispensable going by his posts.

What do you know of me and how i treat women. Get off your pedestal?

Who's to say what either of us believe in is more beneficial to women in the long run?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

January wrote: »

Nobody is saying that a baby conceived in rape or through incest is 'less' than a baby conceived via other methods.

All true. But how is the doctor that carries out an abortion not a murderer? Are they some kind of consensual murderer? I'm not sure how one would argue that in a court.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

NIMBYism

You know you're under no obligation to respond, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

So you want pregnancy tests at airports then ?

That's utter rubbish. You can't deny the right to travel.

Yes you can. We had to pass the 13th to stop the state denying it in line with the 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

bfa1509 wrote: »
    So you think a baby should die because it's father is a rapist?

I hope as many people as possible look at things from both perspectives and decide which should take priority.

If a rape victim wants to have an abortion, that should be HER CHOICE. Get it through your head, it's not difficult to comprehend.

I've asked this question many times and nobody has answered it, what difference does it make to you personally whether or not any woman anywhere has an abortion?

Imagine! Discussion! On a DISCUSSION BOARD!!!! Whatever next?

Not discussion. Resentment and unreasonable amount of ridiculous questions. Like biblical pharisees trying to catch people out.

And turn off your caps lock. Getting a little hysterical are we?

• Advertisement

erica74 wrote: »
    If a rape victim wants to have an abortion, that should be HER CHOICE. Get it through your head, it's not difficult to comprehend.

No. It's a bigger moral question beyond the individual. Try and comprehend there's innocent life at stake.

erica74 wrote:

100%

Why some people are concerned with what other people do with their bodies is beyond me.

Not discussion. Resentment and unreasonable amount of ridiculous questions.

Nope, just discussion. If you are secure in your position, what's the issue with answering people's questions?

January wrote: »

All this is true, but not according to the pro. Life posters on here, we're all liars.

It's abortion on demand up to birth, as stated by more than one of them.

Rape and FFA are just a happy convenience for repeal according to more than one of them.

We're all murders according to all of them.

It's just being used as a form of contraception according to some of them.

When asked to provide factual evidence of their claims it's always lacking which speaks volumes

NAGDEFI wrote:
    No. It's a bigger moral question beyond the individual. Try and comprehend there's innocent life at stake.

Thats your opinon. It isn't shared by everyone.

What do you know of me and how i treat women. Get off your pedestal?
    Your posts paint the picture pretty well, thanks.
    Who's to say what either of us believe in is more beneficial to women in the long run?
    I actually believe that women are able to make decisions for themselves about what's best for them. Evidently you don't feel they're able to going by the above. More evidence of your thoughts about women.

NIMBYism

No. Right to travel to an area where something is legal. Certain things are illegal and legal in different jurisdictions.

Your posts paint the picture pretty well, thanks.

I actually believe that women are able to make decisions for themselves about what's best for them. Evidently you don't feel they're able to going by the above. More evidence of your thoughts about women.

Well you have no respect for innocent life and the unborn. You in some way think that your opinions on abortion make you a better person?

There are many differing ways to respect women.

Not discussion. Resentment and unreasonable amount of ridiculous questions. Like biblical pharisees trying to catch people out.

And turn off your caps lock. Getting a little hysterical are we?
    If you can't handle questions then maybe a discussion board isn't for you. I'd suggest maybe a blog where you can post your views and not have to defend them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

No. Right to travel to an area where something is legal. Certain things are illegal and legal in different jurisdictions.

We stopped people from travelling before.
    We stopped a 14 year old girl who was pregnant as a result of rape at the airport.
    There is no reason why we couldn’t start doing that again if we wanted to.
    If we truly believed that traveling to abort was the actual murder of innocent Irish citizens, no amount of hassle would be too much.
    But the truth is that no one wants to.
    Most people are happy to ignore the problem and export it to the UK.
    We are a nation of hypocrites. Pure NIMBYism.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement