Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray Darcy Show - April 28th 2018 10.05pm

Options
  • 28-04-2018 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I was watching the Snooker today and Ali Carter defeated Ronnie O'Sullivan for the first time in 12 attempts in ranking tournament matches.

I am reminded of the quote by former Australian Open Champion Vitas Gerulaitas who finally defeated Jimmy Connors for the first time at the 17th attempt. He strolled into the Press Conference swigging a bottle of champagne. He addressed the gathered hacks and said "Gentlemen, let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody defeats Vitas Gerulaitas 17 times in a row".

What's has that got to to with this show?

Well, it temporarily delays the disappointment you will endure when you read the guest list, and it may give you hope for the future ...

Limerick woman Vicky Phelan, who is terminally ill with cervical cancer after a missed diagnosis in 2011, will be in studio following the settlement of her High Court action against a US laboratory for €2.5 million.

Franc off Franc's Wedding Show thing plugs Say Yes To The Dress

Author and columnist Michael Harding will also be along to give his take on Irish life.

Some nonsense about the 'Battle of the Brides', with two brides competing to win their honeymoon (but not their dignity).

594a7e09af20f7c5b3b28bb7adfb0c45--wtf-fun-facts-true-facts.jpg

tenor.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,591 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Not for the first time the opening post is 1,000 times better than the show.

I'd love to ask Micheal Harding, a great man, for his thoughts on the vacuous nonsense that makes up the rest of the show. Except the cancer woman, which is if course a tragedy. A Saturday night light entertainment show tragedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Ah that sounds like a super show, I love Ray, i think he is one of the best interviewers this small country has produced

(BTW, im only back from a very long ban, so no negative comments)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Skid X wrote: »
    Limerick woman Vicky Phelan, who is terminally ill with cervical cancer after a missed diagnosis in 2011, will be in studio following the settlement of her High Court action against a US laboratory for €2.5 million.

Franc off Franc's Wedding Show thing plugs Say Yes To The Dress

Author and columnist Michael Harding will also be along to give his take on Irish life.

Some nonsense about the 'Battle of the Brides', with two brides competing to win their honeymoon (but not their dignity)

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Match for the day can't start quick enough

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Just reading up on Ali Carter, he's had a rough time ... LLS/RDS researchers please wait until he's out of the World Championships before you harangue him into appearing as a guest ...

(from 2014)
    Ali Carter has been given the all-clear by doctors after he was diagnosed with a cancerous tumour on his lung in May.

Carter, 35, a two-time World Snooker Championship finalist, was fighting cancer for a second time after he had battled testicular cancer in 2013.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/snooker/30557653

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I like Michael Harding, he talks a lot of sense.

There's no stopping the LLS thread, they've usually petered out by now, that one will probably be going on and on for the next few weeks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

I'd imagine Ray was itching to share his wisdom with the world watching the LLS last night, wouldn't be surprised if he has his own little panel before the referendum.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

I'd imagine Ray was itching to share his wisdom with the world watching the LLS last night, wouldn't be surprised if he has his own little panel before the referendum.

It could be a one off special. If it happens they should call it The Rayth Amendment.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,179 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Evening all :)

Can tonight's RDS thread reach 735 posts? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Remember RTE boss Moya Doherty justifying Ray D'Arcy's €400k salary in 2015 saying sponsorship for Ray's radio programme "more than covers the salary"?
    RTE's looking for new sponsor, wants €270k for 12 mths. Ray lost 21k listeners in Q1,2018
    Is Ray going to see his salary cut?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I like Michael Harding, he talks a lot of sense.

There's no stopping the LLS thread, they've usually petered out by now, that one will probably be going on and on for the next few weeks anyway.

That thread is sh!tting on about farmers now

Remember RTE boss Moya Doherty justifying Ray D'Arcy's €400k salary in 2015 saying sponsorship for Ray's radio programme "more than covers the salary"?
    RTE's looking for new sponsor, wants €270k for 12 mths. Ray lost 21k listeners in Q1,2018

• Registered Users Posts: 81,618 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Evening all, I don't think i have enough drink available to make this show interesting but I will give it a go.

Feel so sorry for Vicky Phelan...absolute monumental f**k-up. :(

Ray's sighing will be off the chart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Woohoo, live on the telly!

''Live on de telly!''

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 19,616 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thats not the way things work in RTE dreamland, mediocrity is rewarded handsomely

M

I want to know who Miriams replacement will be.

twink

M

I would bet me last can tonight that not a single person in the health service will be fired nor will they have a single cent taken off them as punishment for this mess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

I would bet me last can tonight that not a single person in the health service will be fired nor will they have a single cent taken off them as punishment for this mess.

I get the feeling heads will roll tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

There should be criminal charges brought over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Did he just ask this lady if she'd had a "bad week"?!!

M

I get the feeling heads will roll tbh

I don't, they never ever have.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,616 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ive no ideas but one thing is for certain- Blainaid NiChofaigh will definitely be gunning for it. She was moaning in the RTE Guide recently about gender balance on RTE shows, it was a very thinly veiled effort at getting her mug more screen time. Blainaid loves the sound of her own voice and she has a desperate need for others to hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

Between the appalling decisions of the NHS with that child Alfie and the incompetence of the HSE with this poor woman’s situation. It’s not been a good week for state run public health systems.

M

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Ive no ideas but one thing is for certain- Blainaid NiChofaigh will definitely be gunning for it. She was moaning in the RTE Guide recently about gender balance on RTE shows, it was a very thinly veiled effort at getting her mug more screen time. Blainaid loves the sound of her own voice and she has a desperate need for others to hear it.

Jaysus anyone but her, even Twink.

I'd like to see Sean Moncrieff given a go. Perhaps give it to a new presenter each week and see how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

Joe would love this, esp the colour of the blood

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

I really feel for this woman.
    Terrible story

• Advertisement
    M

This morning there was another major feck up where the hotline number they gave out wasn't working, you couldn't make it up.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/helpline-for-women-concerned-about-cervical-screening-results-opens-after-technical-glitch-36853759.html

Advertisement