Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full Ironman in cork next year

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Ignorant question -
    How does a cancelled swim affect Kona qualification?
    Brownlee was talking about winning Kona during the week. Might be just promotional fluff, but just curious

It all remains the same slots are still allocated. I believe there's 40 up for grabs in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

Bryan McCrystal is crushing the bike course, hopefully he can pull out some more time.

Im enjoying the coverage. Crowds look great considering the weather.
    Windmill hill looks like some craic haha

• Registered Users Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

where can i get live times?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    where can i get live times?

There's an Ironman app but you only get updates as they pass through checkpoints

TheBazman wrote: »
    There's an Ironman app but you only get updates as they pass through checkpoints

any website?

• Advertisement

any website?

If you're on facebook they have a live feed running on Ironman now The tracker is an app you get in the app store

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    If you're on facebook they have a live feed running on Ironman now The tracker is an app you get in the app store

im not on facebook but i have a live feed there, thanks folks

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭brock92

https://www.facebook.com/IRONMANnow/

any website?

http://eu.ironman.com/triathlon/events/emea/ironman/cork/#axzz5rfCqgtYS

click on Live now brings up the tracker

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭reidman

https://www.corkcoco.ie/en/news/ironman-ireland-cork-live-stream

I’d take a full swim and the rest over what they’re going through today - best to everyone out on the course looks tough - get to the finish 💪💪💪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭topnotch

im not on facebook but i have a live feed there, thanks folks

This link is working for me.
    https://track.rtrt.me/e/IRM-IRELAND-2019#/map

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭TriFirst

Really disappointed in the Ironman coverage of Bryan McCrystal. The weather conditions have clearly caused technical issues with the cameras following the pros as Bryan has not featured on screen at all. Surely Ironman have the money to waterproof their equipment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

TriFirst wrote: »
    Really disappointed in the Ironman coverage of Bryan McCrystal. The weather conditions have clearly caused technical issues with the cameras following the pros as Bryan has not featured on screen at all. Surely Ironman have the money to waterproof their equipment ?

Think it’s the motorbike that’s having trouble with the toad conditions and keeping up with him.

He’s gonna have a 10 minute lead going into the run.

Looks like the others are taking no chances on the road conditions, McCrystal putting the hammer down

How many years of a contract have Ironman signed for Cork ?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

If I'd known it was going to be a duathlon I'd have entered. (Can't swim!!:()
    Conditions look fairly rough though, so perhaps not.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

How many years of a contract have Ironman signed for Cork ?

Three.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Three.

Its deeply unfortunate that they weather has been so bad. The coverage has been poor too, sadly not a great advert for Ireland or Ironman as brands.

Its deeply unfortunate that they weather has been so bad. The coverage has been poor too, sadly not a great advert for Ireland or Ironman as brands.

Yeah wouldnt mind seeing the front of the race at some point

Anybody know how much of a lead BMC had out of T2 Brownlee is taking the best part of 5 min off BMC through 10km.

7 mins through 15km Brownlee is flying it, will he blow up though?

It would also help to know the order of starting. How much of a head start had Brownlee over BMC? Looking at the predicted finishes Brownlee looks to have it in the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭brock92

Anybody know how much of a lead BMC had out of T2 Brownlee is taking the best part of 5 min off BMC through 10km

http://eu.ironman.com/triathlon/coverage/athlete-tracker.aspx?race=cork&y=2019#/leaderboard/top-pro-men-ironman/T2

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Looking at the app, BMCs total race time is about 7 seconds more than Brownlee's.
    Brownlee running at a much faster pace.

So BMC had 17 min lead on AB out of T2 - transitions the same 3:04

AB had taken 10-11 mins out of BMC through 20km so BMC definitely losing time although more likely AB spurred on by seeing him on the out and back run.

AB has also passed Thomschke.

Now to figure out the start interval times but it can only be mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JimmiesRustled

With the swim being cancelled are there still qualifying positions for Kona?

With the swim being cancelled are there still qualifying positions for Kona?

Yes, theyre still the same

Just heard BMC was out on bike ahead of AB so anything within 4 mins of BMC should see AB win on adjusted time. I don't think it'll come to that though. AB looks so light on his feet BMC looks to be suffering

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I think the commentators said that Brownlee started 11th? Was it 10 second intervals they started in so most that can be in it is a couple of minutes? Whether Brownlee has the legs for a marathon will be the difference perhaps.

I think the commentators said that Brownlee started 11th? Was it 10 second intervals they started in so most that can be in it is a couple of minutes? Whether Brownlee has the legs for a marathon will be the difference perhaps.

I think someone said 30s intervals

Think AB may already be leading and he's very close to passing BMC on the course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Facebook live feed has AB as virtual leader by 30secs at 30km

• Advertisement

Brownlee passes McCrystal .. not that the Ironman coverage caught it

Advertisement