Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

student goes on driving rampage around Dublin city centre.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

kyote00 wrote: »
    BMW ?

449213.jpg

Seems legit ....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Grayson wrote: »
    This is kinda separate and I don't want to derail too much but 20 years ago I knew people on minimum wage who could afford a mortgage. Sure they saved and lived at home but they did it. Now you have people on 30k a year who do that.

There wasn't a minimum wage in Ireland 20 years ago.
    It used to be that working hard was enough, now the majority need to work hard, study hard and even get a little bit lucky.

Always been the case, at least in my lifetime, and I'm in my 40's.
    The average house price is probably 10 times higher than it was 10 years ago and wages haven't kept up. The average young person is spending 60% of their wages on rent so saving for a deposit is out of the question.

Again always been the case in my lifetime.
    And in colleges so many are pushing themselves so they can get a graduate position. For that they need the best grades since they're competing against so many other graduates.

When I left college over 25 years ago, unless you were very lucky, the choices were take a rubbish job, or emigrate.
    btw, I remember when i was in my 20's a guy I knew got a quite for 8000 punts for car insurance. He eventually went with Quinn for 3k. That was the reason we couldn't afford cars :)

When I got my first car my insurance was £3000. I had to get a letter from a doctor saying I didn't drink in order to get that rate! (good old PMPA).

The myth that young people have it so hard these days is just that - a myth. When my parents bought their first house, they paid just over £12,000 for it, with mortgage rates many multiples of what they are now. When I bought my first house, I paid £120,000 for it. My eldest will be buying their first house in the next 3-4 years - I doubt they'll pay the equivalent of £1,200,000 for it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Next month it is ramadan again so these kind incidents can then be blamed on low blood sugar.
    Like they did last year in Amsterdam when a Moroccan drove his car straight into a group of 8 people in front of Central Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Momentarily misread the title as "student goes on drinking rampage around Dublin city centre" and The Fear from last Sunday morning (AKA afternoon) made a horrible return :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

inforfun wrote: »
    Next month it is ramadan again so these kind incidents can then be blamed on low blood sugar.
    Like they did last year in Amsterdam when a Moroccan drove his car straight into a group of 8 people in front of Central Station.

Between "mentally ill lone wolf" and "exam stress" the excuses are getting more ridiculous. The first time we have a suicide bombing in Ireland they'll probably claim it was "inadvertent explosive gastric issues caused by stress"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

inforfun wrote: »

All you need is a mars bar and a quick ****. Problem solved.

Few pints

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Not snickers?

So the commercial is a lie?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Was he arrested?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Graces7 wrote: »
    Was he arrested?

He was arrested at the scene. I can't remember if the DPP have charged him yet.

Advertisement