Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bangladeshi Trainee Garda and His Sham Marriage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭irishproduce

And there in lies the rub.
    You could be disciplined or cautioned by someone who all things being equal, has no business in the Police force but for a quota or special dispensation.

Kivaro wrote: »
    You would also have to wonder how many more unqualified Gardai are now on the streets due to a possible quota for foreign applicants?

Firstly, make sure there is such a quota.
    Secondly, there are no unqualified Gardai on the street, as they have clearly finished their training, so, qualified.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,078 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

bigpink wrote: »
    Look at Limerick it’s a joke all the Non eu people here at present

Yeah, it is a joke. And a bad one at that. Limerick that is

Apparently after witnessing devastating floods, poverty and devastation in Bangladesh, the applicant wanted to see for himself how things were in Europe

Although after an afternoon spent in Limerick he confessed to his crimes and pleaded to be sent home.

I have it on good authority he actually made up the "sham marriage" claim in order to be shipped home quicker. It was actually a legitimate marriage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

bubblypop wrote: »
    Secondly, there are no unqualified Gardai on the street, as they have clearly finished their training, so, qualified.

Ah I see. There are definitely no unqualified Gardai on the street because they finished their training.
    Like there are no unqualified teachers in our schools because they finished their training.
    Like there are no unqualified ........

In the real world, this is not the case.

Ah I see. There are definitely no unqualified Gardai on the street because they finished their training.
    Like there are no unqualified teachers in our schools because they finished their training.
    Like there are no unqualified ........

In the real world, this is not the case.

What? Are you aware Of The training system in AGS?
    How can a guard be on the street without going through templemore? I think you will find it's impossible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

Yes, that is a good summary of my point.
    I think a Bangladeshi man working in general retail, call centre, general assembly in factories, farm labour, truck driver (and plenty of others similar jobs) should be scrutinised robustly.

None of those positions suffer from labour or skills shortages.
    Therefore, if we have some chap from south east Asia, here entering that job, then that should be examined robustly.

Jaysus, nevermind trying to get into our policing service.

If they are married to Úna the teacher from Kenmare or Zahira the Doctor from Dhaka but working in St Vincents, then great, good for them, carry on and if you need help with anything further, let us know.

If they are married to Lima from Vilnius or are missing a few parts of their student visa, then they should be hauled in, scrutinised closely and the investigating party commended for their efforts.

Sorry but, scrutinised robustly on low risk jobs, hahahaha.

if I want the immigration service to scrutinise any chap from south east asia its the Doctor married to Úna the teacher from Kenmare working in St Vincents and his work mate Zahira the Doctor from Dhaka.
    Sure they can chase after your man serving me coffee or even the lad driving that Artic on the road beside me.
    But only after they are sure that the doctors paperwork is all in order, and that they can do what the paperwork said.

Sure chase after anyone you want but try spending taxpayers money where there is the biggest risk to public safety first. And IMO AGS members fall into the scope of that risk.

The risk was that he obtained a right of residency, proper risk assessment on the residenay basis should have produced proper processes and procedures. Being married a nice Irish girl lessens the risk of bribery, forgery of documentation, and lying under oath, it does not eliminate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

How can a guard be on the street without going through templemore? I think you will find it's impossible.

They were the ones with a light blue shoulder patches?

Edit. Out on training days supervised by a member end edit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,311 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Would we not just be happy to get more qualified guards?? The nonsense in this thread is beyond belief..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,702 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Teaching pretty much meets your criteria.
    Irish leaving cert is needed.

Except that some foreigners (a better phrase than the meaning-free non-nationals) speak better Irish than most of ye who were schooled (sic) here .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

They were the ones with a light blue shoulder patches?

Edit. Out on training days supervised by a member end edit

the last time that happened was circa 2008 , pre recruitment embargo.

the lads withe blue tabs had no more police powers that you do and were just observers.

training procedures changed when the stared recruiting again .

and yes im sure being non irish and speaking a couple of extra languages would be likely to get you selected with more ease .

• Advertisement

Would we not just be happy to get more qualified guards?? The nonsense in this thread is beyond belief..

No, they were student Gardai. Not qualified & don't exist anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Afaik there are trainee Gardai - then there are probationary Gardai - and finally fully qualified (ie non probationers) Gardai

See:
    https://www.garda.ie/en/Careers/Day-in-the-life-of-a-trainee-Garda/

gozunda wrote: »
    Afaik there are trainee Gardai - then there are probationary Gardai - and finally fully qualified Gardai

See:
    https://www.garda.ie/en/Careers/Day-in-the-life-of-a-trainee-Garda/

Probationary Gardai ate fully qualified & sworn in members of AGS. It's merely a probationary period. They are qualified.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,173 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

produce wrote: »
    And there in lies the rub.
    You could be disciplined or cautioned by someone who all things being equal, has no business in the Police force but for a quota or special dispensation.

what quota is this? do you have a link to information on it?

Except that some foreigners (a better phrase than the meaning-free non-nationals) speak better Irish than most of ye who were schooled (sic) here .

Charming...

I think that some people are confused by the meaning of the word "qualified", or maybe there is some deflection going on.

Anyway, back to this Bangladeshi scam artist:
    He should be arrested, sentenced to a period of time in prison, and then deported.
    Being asked to leave the country for this criminal activity is hardly a deterrent or suitable punishment.

Probationary Gardai ate fully qualified & sworn in members of AGS. It's merely a probationary period. They are qualified.

"Ate fully qualified" :eek:

What I meant is that those gardai undertake a probationary period under supervision for 2 years before been allowed to work on their own... so are different from fully qualified Gardai who are not probationers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

what quota is this? do you have a link to information on it?

I think it was another poster who raised the possibility of a "Positive Discrimination" policy in respect of AGS recruitment...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106823770&postcount=120

The point remains valid....IF there is a Positive Discrimination policy in respect of ethnic or cultural background,then surely it should be disclosed ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

I think that some people are confused by the meaning of the word "qualified", or maybe there is some deflection going on.

Anyway, back to this Bangladeshi scam artist:
    He should be arrested, sentenced to a period of time in prison, and then deported.
    Being asked to leave the country for this criminal activity is hardly a deterrent or suitable punishment.

It could also be of relevance to the further investigations into the Sham Marriage industry in Ireland.
    Being in a position to arrive in Ireland and then pay €15,000 to known criminals for the Marriage makes Mr Iqbal a significant person in Operation Vantage terms.

It appears highly unusual,in the absence of official explanation,to suggest that such a person would simply be advised to walk away from so many unanswered questions ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,173 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

AlekSmart wrote: »
    I think it was another poster who raised the possibility of a "Positive Discrimination" policy in respect of AGS recruitment...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106823770&postcount=120

The point remains valid....IF there is a Positive Discrimination policy in respect of ethnic or cultural background,then surely it should be disclosed ?

if my auntie had balls she would be my uncle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭corner of hells

So , has anyone got any pics or videos of his lesbian wives ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

So if another one of these fraudsters turns out to be a “Garda” and they’ve given evidence in any gangland convictions, do you think this would stand up in a court of law? I’d guarantee that on appeal it would be ruled inadmissible and all charged quashed. Trained or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Makes one wonder how many others are in AGS? Surely a couple at least?

So , has anyone got any pics or videos of his lesbian wives ?

Plural?

Edit:

In total there were "four people involved — two Bangladeshi men and a Lithuanian lesbian couple."

Bit more detail ...

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/student-garda-accused-in-30k-marriage-scam-469846.html

Well holy god - did he ever hear the like of it? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Even reading the title of this thread...truth definitely stranger than fiction.

So if another one of these fraudsters turns out to be a “Garda” and they’ve given evidence in any gangland convictions, do you think this would stand up in a court of law? I’d guarantee that on appeal it would be ruled inadmissible and all charged quashed. Trained or not.

Gangland convictions?
    OK, I will go with this......
    I would presume that any court listening to an appeal based on the fact that the Garda was in a sham marriage in order to stay in the country, would be more interested in the evidence being correct.
    A court won't just throw out convictions based on maybe, one of the Gardai being in a sham marriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wondering. I know that in the UK there are ratios in the police,whereby they have ti have a certain percentage of women and foreigners, to avoid discrimination. Is that the case here too?

Gangland convictions?
    I would presume that any court listening to an appeal based on the fact that the Garda was in a sham marriage in order to stay in the country, would be more interested in the evidence being correct.
    A court won't just throw out convictions based on maybe, one of the Gardai being in a sham marriage.

It is truly bizarre the lengths that liberals will go to in order to defend the indefensible just because it involves migrants.

If a member of the Gardai obtained legal residence in this country by perpetrating fraud, then that Garda is corrupt. It isn't only just about the fraudster obtaining a marriage certificate illegally, it involves the subsequent lying and further fraud that was carried out in order to get into the Garda College.

Any evidence in a court case involving that corrupt Garda would be deemed suspect and a defense lawyer worth their salt would have the evidence thrown out based on the character of the corrupt Garda. All of the other cases that the corrupt Garda was involved with would also be suspect, and would cause major disruption to the legal process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Gangland convictions?

It would be inadmissible. Presume what you like. Evidence from a fraudster would not stand up in any court in the land.

• Advertisement

It would be inadmissible. Presume what you like. Evidence from a fraudster would not stand up in any court in the land.

You don't know that it would be inadmissible. A Garda in a sham marriage is not necessarily a corrupt cop. Evidence of his career & good work would be heard.
    And even if his particular evidence was excluded, it doesn't necessarily have any affect on the outcome of the trial.

Advertisement