Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punchestown - Day 3

Options
13»

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Wtf was that start about.

Absolutely irrelevant, penhill is awesome and faugheen absolutely blitzed him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Delighted for Machine! Brilliant.

Have to ask tho.......wtf was robbie power trying to do??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Wtf was that start about.

David Mullins was really up for this.It was up to the other jockeys not to let him get away like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Folsom Blue each way my only bet today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

Absolutely irrelevant, penhill is awesome and faugheen absolutely blitzed him

A 6+L headstart is hardly irrelevant. Faugheen probably wins anyway but it's still an absolute mess and shouldn't happen in a Championship race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

I think that race proves that Mark Walsh is the best rider JP is employing presently.

Cracking ride on A Great View.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Went with Ainsi Va La Vie e/w on that one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

What's going on with Gerraghty this season. Absolutely useless.

piplip87 wrote: »
    Faugheen to relish the step up in trip and win it.

Mullins to be out of sight by the end of the day

Jaysus and to top it all off, I changed my mind and didn't back the Machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Pocket talk, I'm not saying he'd have won whatsoever, but any other jock on Glenloe and he's worth another handful of lengths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Love seeing gambles in those colours coming unstuck

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

BumperD wrote: »

Only 1's that lost money were punters that backed him ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

JP probably has plenty more to cover that one off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Fair bit of money for the winner. Was double digits last night.

Love seeing them come off, great for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I could watch Footpad jump all day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

I think RedHotFilyPeppers could make the price look stupid in this, owner is off and trainer doing well this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Shemale wrote: »
    I think RedHotFilyPeppers could make the price look stupid in this, owner is off and trainer doing well this week.

Well **** that for a lark, hope nobody else backed her

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Shemale wrote: »
    Well **** that for a lark, hope nobody else backed her

Only in a little treble for fun! Enjoyed watching the race!

Edit: had glens harmony in another treble which annoyed me slightly more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Only looking at at the last race now at Punch and surely Dunvegan should be proper favourite here? No disgrace in his 6th in the Leopardstown but the standout is his 2nd to pallasator over hurdles. Pallasator going on to win a decent race subsequently. Of course he's being backed over the past hour it seems, and rightly imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

FatRat wrote: »
    Only looking at at the last race now at Punch and surely Dunvegan should be proper favourite here? No disgrace in his 6th in the Leopardstown but the standout is his 2nd to pallasator over hurdles. Pallasator going on to win a decent race subsequently. Of course he's being backed over the past hour it seems, and rightly imo.

Yep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Footpad is so so so tidy over his fences, potential superstar in the making.

What’s people’s view on Faugheen now? Pretty old but he stayed like a bad smell on the way home today having been renowned for speed rather than stamina. Will be interesting to see how he’s campaigned next year.

What’s people’s view on Faugheen now? Pretty old but he stayed like a bad smell on the way home today having been renowned for speed rather than stamina. Will be interesting to see how he’s campaigned next year.

Into 3s for the Stayers Hurdle in Cheltenham next year.

Richie said that they were thinking of Novice chasing.

The question should be what to do now. He could go and win a couple of big pots in France during the summer or go on the grass for the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

piplip87 wrote: »
    Into 3s for the Stayers Hurdle in Cheltenham next year.

Richie said that they were thinking of Novice chasing.

The question should be what to do now. He could go and win a couple of big pots in France during the summer or go on the grass for the summer

Faugheen going novice chasing wouldn’t be far off Ronnie O’Sullivan entering an ameteur pool tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

In the 1805, take a look at De Name Escapes me from 3F out.
    He was badly hampered twice from what I see and still was running on towards the end. One for the notebook...Galway Hurdle maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

In the 1805, take a look at De Name Escapes me from 3F out.
    He was badly hampered twice from what I see and still was running on towards the end. One for the notebook...Galway Hurdle maybe

De name escapes me is the buywise of handicap hurdles. Always catching the eye late on rarely contends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Conas

Altior v Footpad in next years Champions Chase will be fascinating.

Advertisement