Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punchestown - Day 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Anybody tempted by Yorkhill today as an e/w proposition?

Backed him the last twice, I’d never back him again, donkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

EICVD wrote: »
    Backed him the last twice, I’d never back him again, donkey.

Famous last words. Whenever I say that they usually win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Is Yorkhill not a big no no right handed?
    Not a particular fan of his. Dont think ive ever had a bet on him but i certainly couldnt even consider it going right handed the way he jumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

kiers47 wrote: »
    Is Yorkhill not a big no no right handed?
    Not a particular fan of his. Dont think ive ever had a bet on him but i certainly couldnt even consider it going right handed the way he jumps.

yea he cant run right handed. and this year he cant run either way round.

id say he ran to about 110 in his races this year

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

gazza1 wrote: »
    3.40 APPARITION 14/1 EW 1/5th 5 places

Won last Nov. on yielding beating Mitchouka a nose then followed that up with a credible 3rd beaten 5 1/2L by Espoir D'allen so the form is there but probably doesn't have the scope of those 2.
    Willing to forgive his last hurdle run on bottomless ground but ran much better after a couple of months rest on the flat at Dundalk over 12f.
    Lurking at the bottom of the weights and the booking of Noel Fehily also catches the eye I think he represents excellent ew value

My aul lad and a few others have a share in this with a few Munster Rugby players. Big run expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Johner wrote: »
    My aul lad and a few others have a share in this with a few Munster Rugby players. Big run expected.

Nice to here and certainly being backed. As low as 8s now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

The La Touche is a hoor of a race to back
    All the same horses, all the time in these races
    They share the prizes in turns almost
    How often in various festivals have you looked a card with Josies Orders, Cantlow and Auvergnat and thought "which one this time"

Ordinarlily BTW beats them for me but aintree is so recent its hard to see it

I dunno.....have a sneak for Cantlow this time for whatever reason

As you said yourself earlier Roger. Youd be as well off giving your money to the SVDP.

Im particularly picky in what races i bet on but how anyone can perceive the x country races a betting medium is beyond me. You might as well have a cut off the virtuals.

i like to have a wager in each race for the interest, even if its only 2.50 on Cantlow, at least it gets the ol competetive juices flowing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

kiers47 wrote: »
    As you said yourself earlier Roger. Youd be as well off giving your money to the SVDP.

Im particularly picky in what races i bet on but how anyone can perceive the x country races a betting medium is beyond me. You might as well have a cut off the virtuals.

Not sure about that , i think the Cross Counts at the Cheltenham festival is my best race for betting over the last 10 years.

That said this is some crap race today.

• Advertisement

is it too soon after aintree for BTW Aidan?

aidankkk wrote: »
    Not sure about that , i think the Cross Counts at the Cheltenham festival is my best race for betting over the last 10 years.

That said this is some crap race today.

Ya thats fair enough if you have a good handle of whats needed. Just something that baffles me.

Although in saying that i did have a ante post bet in the race in cheltenham this year on a friends advice. Maybe the second bet ive ever had in a cross country race.

I always try to have a look at it and usually determine that anything i fancy has been over bet and then one of them wins. Standard!! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Motivator wrote: »
    Three Stars in the 4.15 is my biggest bet of the week. Finished second behind Patrick’s Park when making a mistake at the Last in February. Finished a good fifth in the Grand Annual last month and won a Grade 3 over C&D about 18 months ago. Cheekpieces on again and I’m all over him.

That Patricks Park form. I thought Patricks Park was lucky as Enright lost his irons after hitting the last. And if you believe that, then I'd be looking to DeBroms other horse, Tisamystery down the bottom that beat Blast of Koeman, fairly and squarely also at Leop.

Super ride from Jack K there in the opener.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Are paddy power paying 5 places for 4.15?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,918 ✭✭✭circadian

Bless the Wings at 5/1
    Just Wait and See at 25/1

Small stakes and odds are changing quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Tracy cut short an interview with the winner there because a horse was distressed (perhaps collapsed judging by the sound and Tracy's reaction- Oh ****, I can't look at that).

There was a shot after of the winner walking into the enclosure, so hopefully nothing serious.

RP reporting Cantlow has collapsed ðŸ˜

RP reporting Cantlow has collapsed ðŸ˜

Dead

Robert Hall has confirmed that Cantlow has died.

Awful news.

• Advertisement

Sometimes i question my love for racing

This looks a very competitive heat of this race. Probably not the best renewal but still looks like any one of 5 or 6 could win it

Hugely impressive from Faugheen.

Destroyed them. 12 lengths or so.

Well that would warm even my cold heart

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

He's back!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Faugheen the machine.

Its great to see how delighted the other Mullins jockeys are for Faugheen.

Wide smiles on them all and patting Faugheen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

Wow that was special. Some performance.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

That warms the heart

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

Wtf was that start about.

Advertisement