Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punchestown - Day 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Minella Rocco not going again? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

Faugheen to relish the step up in trip and win it.

Mullins to be out of sight by the end of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Character Building

19:15 Redhotfillypeppers looks worth chancing. Should improve for the change in rider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Glenloe looks an absolute good thing only up 4lbs from Cheltenham and the horse who touched him off came 2nd in the grade 1 novice today.
    Anyone who can get the 7/1 I would advise going in twice :pac:
    He'll go off half that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Sizeable each way bet on Glenloe for me.

Took the 8s as I expected this lad to be around 5s after the run of Elliotts yolk earlier.

• Advertisement

I didn't realise Kiers said the exact same thing before me. Ffs

Slattsy wrote: »
    I didn't realise Kiers said the exact same thing before me. Ffs

Haha no worries Slattsy. Great minds.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Motivator

Three Stars in the 4.15 is my biggest bet of the week. Finished second behind Patrick’s Park when making a mistake at the Last in February. Finished a good fifth in the Grand Annual last month and won a Grade 3 over C&D about 18 months ago. Cheekpieces on again and I’m all over him.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

kiers47 wrote: »
    Glenloe looks an absolute good thing only up 4lbs from Cheltenham and the horse who touched him off came 2nd in the grade 1 novice today.
    He'll go off half that.

Except he has an absolute liability riding him. Only one reason this got beat at Cheltehnam and that was BJG.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

3.40 APPARITION 14/1 EW 1/5th 5 places

Won last Nov. on yielding beating Mitchouka a nose then followed that up with a credible 3rd beaten 5 1/2L by Espoir D'allen so the form is there but probably doesn't have the scope of those 2.
    Willing to forgive his last hurdle run on bottomless ground but ran much better after a couple of months rest on the flat at Dundalk over 12f.
    Lurking at the bottom of the weights and the booking of Noel Fehily also catches the eye I think he represents excellent ew value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Anybody backing anything BG is riding may as well just give their money to the SVDP. At the moment he would get Samcro beat in a match with Charli Parcs

Anybody backing anything BG is riding may as well just give their money to the SVDP. At the moment he would get Samcro beat in a match with Charli Parcs

Not gonna lie, it worries me greatly, he's poison. Hence my e/w bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Which of his have you lost money on recently?
    Savage ride on Another Hero last week at Chelt. Had another great ride in same meeting. Ride on Anibale Fly in the GN was excellent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Savage ride on Another Hero last week at Chelt. Had another great ride in same meeting. Ride on Anibale Fly in the GN was excellent too.

It's the fashionable thing to do these days, have a good moan about Geraghty.

Jockey bookies account for about 10% of my consideration on a particular horse. Just something that doesn't really bother me and I try to not have to many imponderables when pricing a race so try not to get to worked up on jockeys. If the horse is good enough they usually win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

kiers47 wrote: »
    He'll go off half that.

Don’t worry Geraghty will get him beat again , keep your money

akelly02 wrote: »
    Don’t worry Geraghty will get him beat again , keep your money

Damn I’m too late everyone got in before me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,413 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Speredek and My Murphy e/w

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 moneymore

Petit mouchoir 6/1 each way, can't see him out of the top 2 and the better ground to suit! Hopefully he settles better pre race

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Ride on Anibale Fly in the GN was excellent too.

Really???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Gone against Glenloe and went with A Great View, 10lbs difference in the weights, and 8 lbs difference from being 6 lengths behind Glenloe at Cheltenham.

Also done a small double with Penhill and Getareason in the last race of the day.

The ride in the national was brutal. Gave the outside to nobody in the form of a jockey with no confidence. Any competent jockey would have got it far closer.
    He is McCoyesqe(towards end of his career) at this stage never able to find a stride and looking like a complete amateur over hurdles and fences. Sad really for a once great jockey.

moneymore wrote: »
    Petit mouchoir 6/1 each way, can't see him out of the top 2 and the better ground to suit! Hopefully he settles better pre race

Has given himself two very hard races in a month and developed into a short runner. Would be confident he will not be placed.

As much bashing as I'm doing of BJG I can't see him beaten in the first two races.
    Call a Cab got a nice sighter in his first handicap last time and is a class above these. Fahy flying aswell.
    Bon Papa simply ahould have won last time but for a mistake 4 out. Has a good few pounds to play with.

Will refrain from backing either I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

Going for a a L15

Park paddocks
    Sweet Storise
    Bacardys
    Folsom Blue.

Could be a big day of Jack Kennedy. With three of the above looking like major players.

Will also have a punt of Faugheen and Call a Cab.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,918 ✭✭✭circadian

I almost fancy Folsom Blue in this one. An older horse for sure but shows form and is a good goer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Others I've backed today

4.15 THREE STARS 10/1 EW
    6.40 CASTLEGRACE PADDY 3/1 W/O
    7.15 GLENS HARMONY 7/2 NAP

GL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

People getting carried away with Glenloe here, this is a very competitive race to my eye.
    Don't forget Glenloe was well beaten 2 starts back off an 8lb lower mark albeit unlikely he was at his peak that day.

Since his maiden hurdle win he's had 5 runs all handicaps, been beaten 10 lengths,1 1/4 lengths, 2 1/2 lengths,7 1/2 lengths and most recently a nose. These runs were off marks of 127(twice), 130,133 and 137. I think there's every chance he finds one or 2 too good today off 141.

Dicey O reilly for one looks an unexposed horse that could be a graded animal running in a handicap off 132. Was bought for decent money after winning a point to point and disappointed on debut but was found to have a breathing issue, had a tongue tie added for his next start and won nicely with a few highly regarded horses in behind.

He then went for the Grade 1 Novice hurdle over 2m6f at the Dublin festival where he was weak in the market due to playing up a little at the start and having to get his saddle readjusted, he jumped sloppily enough that day but all things considered ran a promising race and will have learnt plenty, will likely have been well schooled since and should relish the step up in trip and a mark of 132 could prove very lenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Anybody tempted by Yorkhill today as an e/w proposition?

• Advertisement

Anybody tempted by Yorkhill today as an e/w proposition?

no. hound .

Advertisement