Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Does he ride with a support car? Or was that just for Mexico, if so that was probably a smart move.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Is Ford in the photo? I can't see him :confused:

#bloodycyclists

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

I washed my Garmin Heart Rate Monitor strap the other day, it was working perfectly up until then.
    The 520 + now "finds" it, but loses it almost as quick. I have tried changing the battery, just in case, but it's just the same.
    Is there something you have to do to the contacts, or the parts where it touches skin after washing it??

Thanks in advance.

wheelo01 wrote: »
    I washed my Garmin Heart Rate Monitor strap the other day, it was working perfectly up until then.
    The 520 + now "finds" it, but loses it almost as quick. I have tried changing the battery, just in case, but it's just the same.
    Is there something you have to do to the contacts, or the parts where it touches skin after washing it??

Thanks in advance.

When you say washed, do you mean just dipped/rinsed in cold water or do you mean you put it through a washing machine? I know they say you can but I would only rinse in cold water to take off sweat/salt and that's it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Interesting post on the Guardian bike blog about a kit to turn a conventional bike into a pedelec:
    https://www.theguardian.com/environment/bike-blog/2021/jun/11/want-to-turn-your-bicycle-into-an-e-bike-heres-just-the-gizmo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

CramCycle wrote: »
    When you say washed, do you mean just dipped/rinsed in cold water or do you mean you put it through a washing machine? I know they say you can but I would only rinse in cold water to take off sweat/salt and that's it

I've washed my Garmin heart rate strap in the washing machine many, many times and I've never had any issues.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

that's cheating though. especially when it hits the spin cycle.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've washed my Garmin heart rate strap in the washing machine many, many times and I've never had any issues.

Same here. I chuck it into the washing machine about once a month. No problems whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭griffin100

• Registered Users Posts: 24,418 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Machine, that's the instructions on it.

I left it for a long time without doing anything- think that should have been my long term plan!

@lollipopjimmy do you use one? Maybe I can put my HRM into your strap, and vice versa to see if it is the strap or the HRM?

*sniff* they didn't even list cycling.

https://twitter.com/carltonreid/status/1403671480664268800

• Registered Users Posts: 24,418 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

BMW divers dont know that cyclists exist. At least it seems that way going by their driving :D

Any bike shops around Dublin, Wicklow or Wexford that would tap a crank and insert a helicoil. I had CSS do it for me years ago but there waiting list is close to 2 months for the most minor of repairs. I could do it myself either if anywhere would rent me a tap for left crank.

i was over in humphries recently and asked jimmy that in the eventuality of me needing to replace a BB, would there be much of a waiting list, and he said ah no, that would be handled quickly enough. wrong side of the city for you though, but may be worth giving them a shout?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I left it for a long time without doing anything- think that should have been my long term plan!

@lollipopjimmy do you use one? Maybe I can put my HRM into your strap, and vice versa to see if it is the strap or the HRM?

Yep no problem

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Any bike shops around Dublin, Wicklow or Wexford that would tap a crank and insert a helicoil. I had CSS do it for me years ago but there waiting list is close to 2 months for the most minor of repairs. I could do it myself either if anywhere would rent me a tap for left crank.

Bee Cycles in Dolphins' Barn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭buffalo

New policing bill on the way, I noticed this section:
    Under the provisions of the Bill, gardaí will also no longer be obliged to make a written record of interviews with suspects and witnesses once other recording options are available.

Any chance that means reporting a close pass will just be done over the phone, without the need to attend in person and sign a written statement?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

Cunning plan to get their ad spread by indignant cyclists. Worked like a dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭cletus

Did you get sorted with this? I wonder would it be worth heading to your local motor factors and see if they have a 9/16'' left hand tap, especially if you already have the helicoil equipment

crosstownk wrote: »
    Same here. I chuck it into the washing machine about once a month. No problems whatsoever.

You are both 100% right, I just never done it, stories of the washing machine battering the connection years ago, probably unfounded. Cold water to wash out the salts etc. is fine for me. I've had others I never washed AFAIK and they lasted for years so who knows.

cletus wrote: »
    Did you get sorted with this? I wonder would it be worth heading to your local motor factors and see if they have a 9/16'' left hand tap, especially if you already have the helicoil equipment

The Bike Rack have come through again. After some help with a stuck BB and some ingenuity from their mechanic, and now this, they are going forward my go to bike shop, played a blinder and I am not a regular at all but they are getting my business for my next set of wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

You are both 100% right, I just never done it, stories of the washing machine battering the connection years ago, probably unfounded. Cold water to wash out the salts etc. is fine for me. I've had others I never washed AFAIK and they lasted for years so who knows.

Wash delicate things inside pillowcase in a washing net

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Advertisement

Rechuchote wrote: »
    Wash delicate things inside pillowcase in a washing net
    my wife has a fairly heavy duty 'pillowcase' for washing horse related stuff, like horse rugs etc.
    i think they can be bought in a lot of the larger agri outlets, she gets a lot of he stuff from whites agri, just off the old N1 near man'o'war.

Advertisement