Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

From YLYL...

Imagine those yellow lungs........ :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,135 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,135 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

posts re rear derailleur not shifting/possible snapped cable have been moved to the bike maintenance thread

• Registered Users Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭cletus

So, I've bought a few bits and pieces from the cycling adverts forum, but some of the ads got me thinking.

Considering the nature of cycling shorts, specifically how they are worn, is buying a second hand pair not akin to buying used underwear?

I mean, how many people would jump at the opportunity to buy a pair of boxer shorts that were only "lightly worn"

i have had the same thought. i would not buy nor sell used shorts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I don't even like touching my own shorts. However Jerseys I would buy. Not being one of the better junior footballers I had a different number Jersey every week so became immune to being freaked out by them.

Although I'm pining for days when I can get back to this messing :pac:

I don't even like touching my own shorts. However Jerseys I would buy. Not being one of the better junior footballers I had a different number Jersey every week so became immune to being freaked out by them.

Although I'm pining for days when I can get back to this messing :pac:

I'm not freaked out, necessarily, and yes, I'd buy a jersey, jacket etc.

And I love triangles. When I trained I liked to play bottom, had a pretty ok rubber guard, but triangle/armbar was my go-to

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

A quick look on adverts shows that it's not uncommon to buy and sell used jocks :eek:

A quick look on adverts shows that it's not uncommon to buy and sell used jocks :eek:

Not sure whether to thank that post or not...

The rumour I'm starting says you buy a lot of used jocks

• Advertisement

The rumour I'm starting says you buy a lot of used jocks
    I can’t think of anything to reply to that with

I can’t think of anything to reply to that with

Just be happy in the knowledge that you've a lovely pair of calves :D:D

cletus wrote: »
    Just be happy in the knowledge that you've a lovely pair of calves :D:D
    ...because I drink this to get my lovely calves nice and strong...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Fook brexit :/

jBwrdzs.png

[SJS, tiny part]

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭ARX

ED E wrote: »

jBwrdzs.png

[SJS, tiny part]

They told me they're hoping to get back to normal shipping prices soon. Could be worse, if you were in Sweden they'd charge you £60. Could be better, if you were in Australia or Russia they'd charge you £15.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hopefully so, they're a bit of a mecca for rare componentry.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Hopefully so, they're a bit of a mecca for rare componentry.

What site is that?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

SJS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

cletus wrote: »
    I mean, how many people would jump at the opportunity to buy a pair of boxer shorts that were only "lightly worn"

You know you're not in high finance
    Considering second-hand underpants

• Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,

From the UK I can get 700cc Presta inner tubes for under €3 each but they take a while to get delivered. What's the best price in Ireland please?

Halfords are €4.50 each, anywhere better than that?
    Cheers,
    Pa.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,

From the UK I can get 700cc Presta inner tubes for under €3 each but they take a while to get delivered. What's the best price in Ireland please?

Halfords are €4.50 each, anywhere better than that?
    Cheers,
    Pa.

I'll sell you brand new conti ones for €4 if you want to PM me

saw a funny one out earlier (was driving) - a chap in a small commercial van having a chat with two plainclothes gardai in an unmarked car, just past a junction where red light jumping is chronic. they were finishing up just as we passed. two junctions - probably 500m - later, a chap in a passat shot past us up a lane which is not a traffic lane, cut across two lanes of traffic, and cut up the same unmarked garda car, and stuck his hand out the window to wave thanks at them. they stopped him for a chat, presumably to acknowledge his thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

https://glidecycle.com/
    What's the chances of these catching on here? 😂
    Some sort of running cycling yoke

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

It's a balance bike for adults

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

There is something similar every few years, I always mistake it for an April Fools but the long story short is, no, they won't catch on, every variation of them before haven't, this won't either. It had a slim chance in the 19th century but that time has passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

deise08 wrote: »
    https://glidecycle.com/
    What's the chances of these catching on here? ��
    Some sort of running cycling yoke

Reminds me too much of this

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic3.fjcdn.com%2Fcomments%2FButtplug%2Bbike%2Bdesigned%2Bby%2Bmr%2Bgarrison%2B_344421243d85d6f9729796f177a1be78.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

jBwrdzs.png

[SJS, tiny part]
    I think that has scuppered my plan for new shorts (Rapha) even though they said no additional charges will be applied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Luxman wrote: »
    I think that has scuppered my plan for new shorts (Rapha) even though they said no additional charges will be applied.

Parcel motel or similar could be an option?

Advertisement