Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

I ordered bib shorts from Wiggle at the start of December. Fastaway said they delivered them 2 days ago and there isn't sight nor sound of them. Classic Fastaway :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

eeeee wrote: »
    I ordered bib shorts from Wiggle at the start of December. Fastaway said they delivered them 2 days ago and there isn't sight nor sound of them. Classic Fastaway :rolleyes:
    Did you check under hedges and in wheelie bins around your locality? :D

Did you check under hedges and in wheelie bins around your locality? :D

Been there, no wheelie bins or hedges in the vicinity. It's a mystery.
    Schrödinger's parcel, but delivered and undelivered at the same time :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Been there, no wheelie bins or hedges in the vicinity. It's a mystery.
    Schrödinger's parcel, but delivered and undelivered at the same time :pac:

One of mine was sitting in the middle.of the drive way, as ominous as the object in A Space Odyssey. This was oddly the last thing to be ordered. The two others have been marked delivered over a week ago but in the depot the next day. One of them was even signed for but back in the depot 2 days later.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

CramCycle wrote: »
    One of mine was sitting in the middle.of the drive way, as ominous as the object in A Space Odyssey.
    was it full of stars?

• Advertisement

was it full of a handlebstars?

Yes, yes it was

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Anyone know of an easier way to find stuff on Eurosport? For example search for Tour de France 2018 and you get about 10 episodes of highlights of about 10 random stages from it (under On Demand) which implies it's all there but there doesn't seem to be a way to increase the number of search results so you are stuck with the limit. Was just curious if there was a simple hour long highlights of the whole thing to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

Fastway are a disaster. They lost a CRC order to me last July. It was worth a couple of hundred of euros which CRC replaced without hassle - I suspect they know how bad Fastway are, but keep using them because they are cheap.

On demand section seems to only go back 3 months. Search seems to bring stuff up from as far back as march.

Those stages in the search results from the tour were aired as part of a best of britsh series over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Fastway are a disaster. They lost a CRC order to me last July. It was worth a couple of hundred of euros which CRC replaced without hassle - I suspect they know how bad Fastway are, but keep using them because they are cheap.

Fastway are a fecking disaster.
    I caught a fastway delivery driver firing a parcel over the hedge into my garden 3 years ago.

From then on I got no fastway delivery.
    He left everything in the local Topaz and rang me.

We moved house. Now get all my deliverys. (except DPD who've delivered to the wrong estate teice)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

My OH asked me to get her bike ready for tomorrow morning. She plans on going out on a road bike at 8am. I'm not one for telling her what to do but I advised that I wouldnt go out on my road bike at 8am tomorrow when its expected to be -1. This bike hasn't seen tarmac since September

Am I being over protective?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr. Cats

My OH asked me to get her bike ready for tomorrow morning. She plans on going out on a road bike at 8am. I'm not one for telling her what to do but I advised that I wouldnt go out on my road bike at 8am tomorrow when its expected to be -1. This bike hasn't seen tarmac since September

1pm here and still a light covering of snow on the road in estate (south Dublin). I came off at start of Dec and was out for 3 weeks. No way I would go out tomorrow, especially not at 8am.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭cletus

Don't think over protective is the term. You're offering your opinion, but she's still an adult and can choose herself. Adulting, it's such fun

They can make their own choices.
    If they stick to salted roads they'll be fine.

Sorry I never suggested I was going to try stop her, I offered my opinion though.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It will be a lot worse than -1 in most places...

538790.JPG

Check who the beneficiary is for the life insurance before deciding if how strongly you offer that opinion :eek:

As a former road maintenance manager; watch out for this on a saturday morning during lockdown.

Salt needs traffic to activate it.
    Salt is not spread on the whole surface.
    Something like 10 or 20 gram will be spread on a square meter

It then needs vehicular traffic to spread the salt. And to break up any forming frost/ice.

Saturday mornings (and Sunday mornings) often do not have the traffic required to do this. Add in very low traffic due to lockdown and i'd bet that many roads will be lethal tomorrow. Salted or not

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭lissard

Watched a lad splat himself creeping around a roundabout at snails pace outside my house this morning. Definitely not a day for the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

lissard wrote: »
    Watched a lad splat himself creeping around a roundabout at snails pace outside my house this morning. Definitely not a day for the bike.

Mine commute was surprisingly grand. I changed route though, I have been doing it years now so know certain spots which ice up. I did cross into the worst spot and there was no ice at all on it. I had got off and walked it.

I stick to off road cycletracks so if I did fall cars would not be an issue. I used to fall off loads, but if you are prepared for it there is no real shock and you can fall in a more safe manner.

I have MTB wrist, arm & knee protectors too, don't think I have had a fall with them yet though.

• Advertisement

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't equally worried about the bike. I'm quite jealous of her bike, if it wasn't too small for me I'd have stolen it by now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    What's the cheapest (most inexpensive would probably be more apt...) smart trainer that's recommended?

I see the Kinetic Road Machine Control Trainer T-6400 is €400, Saris M2 is €479, the Wahoo KICKR SNAP €485 on Wiggle.
    Thanks,
    Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Don't forget to add customs duty and VAT to those prices if ordering from Wiggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭dinneenp

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Don't forget to add customs duty and VAT to those prices if ordering from Wiggle.

Cheers. Those figures are just to get a rough idea of prices. I'd look locally first, check from the rest of EU etc.

Totally. What seems good there has to now be thought of as +35%. Reckon German/Dutch sites will be the go-to locations for bike goodies from now on.

Had a 25kg Saris H3 delivered from mantel.com for €9.99 last year, so it can be done!

MojoMaker wrote: »

Pretty sure I saw a memo from wiggle that all prices seen by Irish customers are what they'll pay

As a former road maintenance manager; watch out for this on a saturday morning during lockdown.

Salt needs traffic to activate it.
    Salt is not spread on the whole surface.
    Something like 10 or 20 gram will be spread on a square meter

It then needs vehicular traffic to spread the salt. And to break up any forming frost/ice.

Saturday mornings (and Sunday mornings) often do not have the traffic required to do this. Add in very low traffic due to lockdown and i'd bet that many roads will be lethal tomorrow. Salted or not

I had no idea it needed traffic to activate it :o:o I thought it got spread on and began to melt the ice then. :o

I have been going out from midday on, it's too dodge in the morning. I'll stick to main roads.
    I bailed after 2 hours of laps today with the cold. I'll take myself to the wimp thread :D

Irish price for the KICKR Snap is about €500 give or take a few quid, so that Wiggle price looks bang on (pre-duty, pre-VAT). As far as I'm aware Wiggle) or any merchant) is not going to sell to Ireland ex-VAT, are they?

If I've got it wrong - happy days - that price beats CSS even coming from outside the EU (which has got to be a sickener for an Irish business).

I was looking at the new arrangements for buying from the UK and buying is one thing but returns are quite another. I wouldn't fancy having chase the likes of Fastway for a refund on customs charges.

• Advertisement

My parcel turned up this eve in another house entirely. Happy days. Classic Fastaway. Never ordering from Wiggle or CRC again! CSS use them too, no online ordering from them either. Can at least pop out and pick up from there.

Advertisement