Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭cletus

I bought my boys a red Lego box, just like I had as a kid. Any time the get a set, it gets built once, then deconstructed and thrown into the box. Makes for very interesting future builds :D

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭MangleBadger

Weepsie wrote: »
    Ah I got a different lego set every christmas for about 10 years. Sure enough build the first thing, but then just let the imagination run wild and do different things, mix and match. Fairly sure I had a tropical, martian, pirate-spaceman inhabited Alamo set up at one point.

I've asked my wife a few years now to get me lego as a stocking filler. She has not yet, but when she was doing a jigsaw the other day she realised why I'd want some

I bought myself a Lego Star Wars advent calendar. The wife finally realised I wasn’t joking when I said I wanted Lego for Christmas when she saw how much I looked forward to opening each days door.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    I have a Wahoo cadence sensor but not the mount that comes with it. Do you think it'd be okay to attach it to the pedal crank with either double sided Gorilla tape or with heavy duty super glue?

Thanks,
    Pa.

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have a Wahoo cadence sensor but not the mount that comes with it. Do you think it'd be okay to attach it to the pedal crank with either double sided Gorilla tape or with heavy duty super glue?

Thanks,
    Pa.

Can't see either of those working, tbh. Can you not buy the mount?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah theres too much vibration and moisture for anything adhesive based like that, shouldnt be too hard to find something plastic that fits over it that you could then cable tie in place though, use the Gorilla Tape aswell to improve your chances.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

yep, which is why i use the wet lube because it's quite gummy and (possibly!) a good one to get in between the rollers first.

I would disagree, wouldn't add wet lube, causes everything to gunk up too quickly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

I absolutely hate wet lube. Chain just gets covered in shyte.
    I regularly wipe and oil, even daily to avoid it.

cletus wrote: »
    Can't see either of those working, tbh. Can you not buy the mount?

Just checked their website and noted the cadence sensor comes with 3M double sided tape. So Gorilla double sided tape (or similar) should work for mounting it to my crank arm.

Call me stupid but atm I have a dumb trainer & speed sensor. So when using Zwift all it uses is the rpm- correct? So if I'm in top gear or bottom gear it's not picking up the difference in effort- correct? (Same with the gear I've picked on the actual trainer)

Once I have the cadence sensor hooked up, what exactly does this do?

Thanks,
    Pa.

Tells it your cadence, nothing more AFAIK

Just checked their website and noted the cadence sensor comes with 3M double sided tape. So Gorilla double sided tape (or similar) should work for mounting it to my crank arm.

Call me stupid but atm I have a dumb trainer & speed sensor. So when using Zwift all it uses is the rpm- correct? So if I'm in top gear or bottom gear it's not picking up the difference in effort- correct? (Same with the gear I've picked on the actual trainer)

Once I have the cadence sensor hooked up, what exactly does this do?

Thanks,
    Pa.

I'd be inclined to put on the two cables ties too, along with the tape, especially if you're going to be on the road with it.

It looks like the unit has been designed to accommodate cable ties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Use the cable ties. It's a €40 sensor that you don't want to drop on the road.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i see roger hassenforder has died.

I presume Pa doesn't have the silicon thing for the wahoo cadence sensor that allows cable ties. Buy the holder, gorilla tape won't hold it, 3M is the brand and that one is far stronger than Gorilla tape, unless you wrap it multiple times it won't last. A holder is about 13 including shipping, might be cheaper if you mail a LBS who supplies wahoo stuff as they can get it on their next import.

CramCycle wrote: »
    I presume Pa doesn't have the silicon thing for the wahoo cadence sensor that allows cable ties. Buy the holder, gorilla tape won't hold it, 3M is the brand and that one is far stronger than Gorilla tape, unless you wrap it multiple times it won't last. A holder is about 13 including shipping, might be cheaper if you mail a LBS who supplies wahoo stuff as they can get it on their next import.

I only have the sensor.
    I couldn't see the mount for sale earlier but found it today and ordered one.

Even though I could buy a roll of 3M double sided tape for the same price & Wahoo have that as one of the methods for mounting (and I'd like to have a roll of it at home) I feel that the mount would be safest.

Thanks all.

Hi,
    Had my first Zwift ride this evening. Now I'm confused. . I joined the group ride that was 'no drop spin' but seemed to be the only rider even though I know there were others there.
    Obviously I'm doing something wrong, any idea what it could be? I just started Zwift, haven't paid for membership, don't know if that has anything to do with it?
    I then cycled Paris & Champ Eleysee but couldn't see any riders ahead of me. Section of screen for riders said some. behind me but none in front of me. If somebody overtook me they just vanished (not speeding away...)

Lastly, anywhere to get a discount in the €15pm membership fee?
    Thanks!
    Pa

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Hi,

Lastly, anywhere to get a discount in the €15pm membership fee?
    Thanks!
    Pa

Nope. It's the one price everywhere. RGT cycling is 8.99 a month but has far fewer users but a very active facebook users group

I ordered something from wiggle before the brexit deadline forgetting about the new arrangements.

It's due this week but nothing on the couriers (fastway) tracking..

Anyone else getting stuff from the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Collected this today, should have taken a pic before leaving the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

ronoc wrote: »
    I ordered something from wiggle before the brexit deadline forgetting about the new arrangements.

have a fastway tracking number form CRC but no scans ordered on 28th. although last time i got anything it appeared the day the first scan showed up fastway are anything but

• Registered Users Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

id take it back its dirty

• Advertisement

I got stuff yesterday from Superstar components that was ordered pre-Brexit

You might wish to switch those pedals to SPDs if you want to get into the mucky stuff, as you're going to end up walking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Has that bike been sitting in the window of a certain bikeshop on Amiens Street for the last couple of weeks, I had been admiring it on my way to work recently.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

That's a gorgeous bike Lollipop, what model is it?

Weepsie wrote: »
    You might wish to switch those pedals to SPDs if you want to get into the mucky stuff, as you're going to end up walking

It had no pedals and I had these on a shelf, I gave a lad in work a set of SPD pedals for a nothing a couple of months ago. I've said this bike is getting nothing, be doing well to see a sponge and a bucket of water

cunavalos wrote: »
    Has that bike been sitting in the window of a certain bikeshop on Amiens Street for the last couple of weeks, I had been admiring it on my way to work recently.

Tomorrow you'll see a bare window ;)
    eeeee wrote: »
    That's a gorgeous bike Lollipop, what model is it?

Thanks! Cinelli Zydeco. I shall call him Declan

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

It had no pedals and I had these on a shelf, I gave a lad in work a set of SPD pedals for a nothing a couple of months ago. I've said this bike is getting nothing, be doing well to see a sponge and a bucket of water

Tomorrow you'll see a bare window ;)

Thanks! Cinelli Zydeco. I shall call him Declan

I've a second set of SPD pedals if you want them - Shimano 520 (possibly 540), I can meet City Centre some day if you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭koutoubia

My son works in Fastway and he said Revenue/Customs are stopping everything coming from across the water.Only trickles of stuff coming through.

have a fastway tracking number form CRC but no scans ordered on 28th. although last time i got anything it appeared the day the first scan showed up fastway are anything but

3 things that were ordered and coming through Fastway nearly a month ago now (picked up by them at the start of December, first scan on their system mid December). Have rang up and agreed to pick it up and they said it would be ready, no show, twice. Then started claiming that they can't deliver to my workplace as its closed due to Covid, despite me sitting in work while talking to them. Finally agreed to change to my home address, now one parcel claims it was delivered today (it wasn't, partner and kids there all day) and the other two have got some message about me being notified that it is available to collect and they have let me know from where via email or SMS.

I am gonna call tomorrow but I think its getting close to refund time, which is annoying as i could have ordered these elsewhere in the mean time. I'll be honest, bar one where it was for someone else, I would have ordered elsewhere if they told me they used Fastway. I feel sorry for anyone working in there, despite all the negative reviews, and the crowds at the Depot every Christmas, they haven't improved their systems at all and its the people at the coalface who will get the actual abuse.

wheelo01 wrote: »
    I've a second set of SPD pedals if you want them - Shimano 520 (possibly 540), I can meet City Centre some day if you do.

Nice, ill drop you a pm later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Email from Wiggle about Brexit and Irish customers:

As of 1 January 2021, new terms came into effect for the agreed trade deal between the UK Government and EU. This means there are new regulations governing shipments between the United Kingdom and the EU, including the Republic of Ireland.

We would like to reassure you that we are working to minimise any disruption to customers, including:
    All taxes and duties are already included in the price ensuring no additional customs charges when your order arrives in the Republic of Ireland. The price you see is the price you will pay.
    Any changes to normal delivery times will be transparent and clearly shown throughout the check-out process.
    Where possible, providing a range of delivery options. However, these may fluctuate as we work through any initial disruption.
    Ensuring our current 365 day returns policy remains unchanged.

If you would like any further information on this, please view our Help Pages here

We look forward to helping you stay active in 2021.
    The Wiggle Team

Advertisement