Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

Getting the balance bike back from my brother tomorrow who has had both of his on it since I sent it his way. Can't wait to try her wee self on it, we've printed out paw patrol stickers to put on it so theres no way she'll be able to resist having a spin on it :D

Yes love it's official paw patrol merchandise.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Getting the balance bike back from my brother tomorrow who has had both of his on it since I sent it his way. Can't wait to try her wee self on it, we've printed out paw patrol stickers to put on it so theres no way she'll be able to resist having a spin on it :D

Yes love it's official paw patrol merchandise.

I will need many stories of her flying around the place!

Anyone signed up the the GCN race pass thingy? I'm in two minds it's only 20 euro at the minute but still subbed to Eurosport until October but they have races Eurosport don't during August which is likely down to the sheer amount of races going on in the condensed calendar and Eurosport passing them off to them.

Some days there are going to be 3 or 4 races to follow and no one has that time even if you made it a full time job to watch cycling to watch them all. Hard enough in a normal calendar when you get stuff like Paris - Nice overlap with tirreno adriatico and remember who is in which race .

My thinking in favor of the GCN one is that it's likely going forward they'll continue to have the lower level races Eurosport traditionally don't show as well as the ones they do?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Anyone signed up the the GCN race pass thingy? I'm in two minds it's only 20 euro at the minute but still subbed to Eurosport until October but they have races Eurosport don't during August which is likely down to the sheer amount of races going on in the condensed calendar and Eurosport passing them off to them.

Some days there are going to be 3 or 4 races to follow and no one has that time even if you made it a full time job to watch cycling to watch them all. Hard enough in a normal calendar when you get stuff like Paris - Nice overlap with tirreno adriatico and remember who is in which race .

My thinking in favor of the GCN one is that it's likely going forward they'll continue to have the lower level races Eurosport traditionally don't show as well as the ones they do?

Is it €20 per month or how long does that give you access for?

Is it €20 per month or how long does that give you access for?

Ah no that's for a year , 6.99 a month same as eurosport (same owners).

I'm going to pull the trigger because I can see from the schedules ES aren't showing the womens race for Strade Bianche at the weekend at all and given the form AVV is in I feel the need the see that potential procession.

EDIT: It's 19.99 for the year until August 12th

EDIT 2: Seems Eurosport are covering the womens race, I think I missed it on the listing as it's not on until later than I'd have expected at 2pm. With the mens race afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

According to his Instagram, Ronan Mclaughlin is Everesting again today. I assume again up Mamore, conditions look very favourable with a SSE wind up the climb.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Gallant_JJ wrote: »
    According to his Instagram, Ronan Mclaughlin is Everesting again today. I assume again up Mamore, conditions look very favourable with a SSE wind up the climb.

He's starting to take the piss now, that lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭buffalo

Holy moly. I've done a few Rásanna, worked at a couple of Rásanna na mBán, done 300km in a day and helped out at a 24 hour TT. But nothing has prepared me for the bone-weary dog tiredness of looking after a new baby.

I've also become one of those drivers I despise, who hop in the car for every journey. A 5k round trip to the local supermarket is just too intimidating with this lack of energy, and there's feck all time between feeds and changes and trying to mind ourselves too.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

The difference between the Ras and having kids is that finish line is eight days away compared to eighteen years away.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Congratulations buffalo! I hope all are doing well and thriving

• Advertisement

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Average gradient 14%.

I saw some Monty Python tonight, "tis but a flesh wound" comes to mind :D

Good on the fella , and hopefully thats the record away from Contador now.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

Time verified as 7:04, staggering.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭coddlesangers

Gallant_JJ wrote: »
    Time verified as 7:04, staggering.

Riciculous. Fair play, what an outrageous effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hats off to Galibier!
    I ordered a gilet, had a problem with the zip & it was too tight on my neck. Contacted them via email, asking about returns & could they send replacement asap as I've a holiday coming up & wanted it for then.

What did they do? Ship out the replacement that day, before I had even sent the original one back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hats off to Galibier!
    I ordered a gilet, had a problem with the zip & it was too tight on my neck. Contacted them via email, asking about returns & could they send replacement asap as I've a holiday coming up & wanted it for then.

What did they do? Ship out the replacement that day, before I had even sent the original one back.

They've done exactly the same for me in the past. Their customer service is great.

They've done exactly the same for me in the past. Their customer service is great.

And me.
    Wonderful people.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,479 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Government ministers nearly taken out at the opening of the new cycle bridge.

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1289170574141534208

• Advertisement

Not sure if it was mentioned already? National Champs will not be going ahead in August

http://www.cyclingireland.ie/cycling-news-item/cycling-ireland-road-tt-national-championships/28544

They've done the same for me as well too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

So, we'll only get an hour or so of live Strade Bianche today with no coverage of the womens race. Yeah, thats the best way to promote cycling...rolls eyes.

velo.2010 wrote: »
    So, we'll only get an hour or so of live Strade Bianche today with no coverage of the womens race. Yeah, thats the best way to promote cycling...rolls eyes.

Women's race has been live on the GCN app since 2pm (not free though)

^^GCN(PlaySportsGroup) are a subsidiary of Discovery which makes it a partner group of Eurosport. How will this work in the long run? Will all Eurosport cycling coverage eventually shift to GCN? Seems odd to have 2 subsidiaries competing for pay customers.

velo.2010 wrote: »

It's not live yet anywhere I've checked, women just finished. If the tracker on cycling news is anything to go by we need to be going to live reaching sooner. It's the same every year with this race.

Live coverage starts at 3:50

Live coverage starts at 3:50

It's been updated on the eurosport app to 16:15

And the eurosport player app and site have just shat themselves.

Yep, same here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Was just coming on to check:D

Seven Worlds will Collide

Advertisement