Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

redcup342 wrote: »
    that 4000 / month cost 75000/year before Tax.

Your Net Salary on 102k would be around 5120 / month, so you'd be left with 1120 euros to pay everything else after your rent.

I wouldn't expect to have to share a house/fridge with someone while I'm earning 100k/year (or I dunno like, maybe that's just me)

Spending 75% of your Salary on Rent ... :)

€102k average salary. That means that a lot of people working in the docklands area are on more than that.

I'd imagine that house isn't aimed at the average dude/dudette working there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

BattleCorp wrote: »
    €102k average salary. That means that a lot of people working in the docklands area are on more than that.

I'd imagine that house isn't aimed at the average dude/dudette working there.

Yeah but it's not exactly aimed at mr fancy pants either.

No 24/7 security, no secure parking, no guarded entrance, people can knock on your front door/look in your window at your Banksy you have hanging on the wall.

Come on ffs :) average salary is higher here in Dusseldorf than Dublin and for that money you would be getting something fairly amazing (to the point where it's probably not possible to find it online)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭vrusinov

People around me who earn over 100k are usually smart enough not to pay 4k/mo rent out of their own pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Here's an interesting story about a ghost estate of mini castles in Turkey

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/28/fate-of-castles-in-the-air-in-turkeys-151m-ghost-town

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

chewed wrote: »
    The pink tiles in the grey Kitchen are worse!
    Grayson wrote: »
    And i figure this must be some kind of corporate let.

https://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-rent/ringsend/gordon-street-ringsend-dublin-1905056

4k a month for a two bedroom house. It's nice but still, 4k?

I know those houses - they are tiny. I didn't even look to check this but I'd bet you'd get way better value if €4K was your budget in Sandymount or some other area nearby. Not as hipstery as Ringsend maybe but certainly a better area for anyone with a modicum of cop on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

That was the reason i was thinking it was a corporate let.
    We have people in the US who have to travel over here for a month or more. last year I travelled over there for a month. When you're travelling that long it's cheaper to rent a place for that much than it is to rent a hotel room for 200-300 a night. Especially when the office is paying for it.

Has to be a corporate let. One of the big multi-nationals could put two people in there rather than paying for hotels all year round.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Here's an interesting story about a ghost estate of mini castles in Turkey

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/28/fate-of-castles-in-the-air-in-turkeys-151m-ghost-town

Better than the ghost estates that spring up all around Tehran:

Dpje0Xo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Featured in the Irish Times today.

https://www.daft.ie/12023769

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/homes-and-property/new-to-market/bungalow-bliss-in-exceptional-connemara-cottage-for-550-000-1.3773362

Weird looking cottage conversion, looks like a wall is running through it and features a bathroom with a floor to ceiling window.

Featured in the Irish Times today.

https://www.daft.ie/12023769

Weird looking cottage conversion, looks like a wall is running through it and features a bathroom with a floor to ceiling window.

Nah, it's not my cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I would be happy with the wooden cabin in the garden.. and imagine the window cleaning bills!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭abcabc123123

It's weird because the architect did amazing work and then apparently left the decorating to be done by someone with no clue. The tiling in the bathroom is hideous and who thought it was a good idea to cover the place in the same cheap laminate? Every wall has the same fake wood pattern repeating over and over, like someone just discovered the clone brush in photoshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,930 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

It's weird because the architect did amazing work and then apparently left the decorating to be done by someone with no clue. The tiling in the bathroom is hideous and who thought it was a good idea to cover the place in the same cheap laminate? Every wall has the same fake wood pattern repeating over and over, like someone just discovered the clone brush in photoshop.
    I'm guessing by the look of it, and the price sought, that's it's far from cheap laminate.

I still think it's horrible, but I very much doubt it was cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I'm guessing by the look of it, and the price sought, that's it's far from cheap laminate.

I still think it's horrible, but I very much doubt it was cheap!

Solid wood and tiles... Don't think anything cheap went into that house. Wouldn't be my cup of tea either.

It looks like that master bedroom is in the hallway on pic 27... a sliding door (pic 28) closes the room off. Definitely not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Not sure about the huge floor to ceiling window on the bathroom either. There are some things which are better done in private!

check_six wrote: »
    Not sure about the huge floor to ceiling window on the bathroom either. There are some things which are better done in private!

maybe one way glass?

Graces7 wrote: »
    maybe one way glass?

If it's one-way, it's the wrong way. Check out picture three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Its a freakin' eyesore. You took something appropriate and natural looking and made it into a penthouse apartment. Oh I can see the money but there is no taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

The grand piano and the chandelier in the home office area is an 'interesting' way to make a normally dull space come to life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

thats just a splash protector for the shower

thats just a splash protector for the shower

Check out pic 22.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I'd imagine that's to amplify the sense of tranquillity and peace. Or so the architect would have said. In fairness you don't need a little frosted window if there is no one for miles.

Not gone on the place as a whole, everything is too plain and uniform. I love the wood panelling but jebus you don't have to put it everywhere! An architect's dream but very little character or personality.

If it's one-way, it's the wrong way. Check out picture three.

There are no words!

Wonder if the designer would ever actually live there. He should be made to for a year

Lovely gardens though.. yearn

2ndcoming wrote: »
    I'd imagine that's to amplify the sense of tranquillity and peace. Or so the architect would have said. In fairness you don't need a little frosted window if there is no one for miles.

Not gone on the place as a whole, everything is too plain and uniform. I love the wood panelling but jebus you don't have to put it everywhere! An architect's dream but very little character or personality.

I'm just not interested in having some squirrel eyeballing my when I'm sitting on the loo.

Also, even if you are miles from anywhere, the sliding door exiting from the living room to the garden is right next to the bathroom! Don't invite any guests around!

I'm just not interested in having some squirrel eyeballing my when I'm sitting on the loo.

Also, even if you are miles from anywhere, the sliding door exiting from the living room to the garden is right next to the bathroom! Don't invite any guests around!

It could be worse than that ...... imagine you invite all your posh friends from the pony club and suddenly , you feel a bit queezy after that mad Vindahloo form the night before..... "and I am tolkin' scortches the orse offa ye" as Billy Connolly put it.

The dump with the squirrel doesnt seem so bad now does it?

It could be worse than that ...... imagine you invite all your posh friends from the pony club and suddenly , you feel a bit queezy after that mad Vindahloo form the night before..... "and I am tolkin' scortches the orse offa ye" as Billy Connolly put it.

The dump with the squirrel doesnt seem so bad now does it?

There are blinds on the bathroom window so it's not like you are certain to be spied upon when you have your kacks down around your knees.

That said, I'd like to think that I'd build something a bit nicer than that with half a million euro.

There are blinds on the bathroom window so it's not like you are certain to be spied upon when you have your kacks down around your knees.

That said, I'd like to think that I'd build something a bit nicer than that with half a million euro.

If you were feeling that bad, you wouldnt care about the blinds at that stage.

Yeah I think the is far better VFM (value for money) out there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Looks like a Dermot Bannon job, windows windows everywhere.

Chorcai wrote: »

So, the bathroom consists of a toilet and no room for anything else. The kitchen consists of a sink and no room for anything else. And the living room/bedroom/ hallway has not enough room for a bed either.

Where do I sign up?

Surely this can't be fit for human habitation? (I've been surprised before!).
    Also, "extending to 24m Sq."? The Estate agent that wrote that is a cruel b*****d. Also generous with the measurements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,169 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Smaller than some caravans.
    For €55k !!

Advertisement