Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can the book be beaten... here for a year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭del roy

BIG day today lads.

2.20 Grageelagh girl 5pts win 5/4
    5.10 persuing steed 3pts e/w 10/1
    7.45 Genetics 2pts e/w 11/1

sorry bookman rushing around this morning and never noticed that. ta.

Jesus Jerry you were right about the 10/1 not lasting long, 9/2 with all books bar one.

Lets hope he is at least placed.

Well one thing is for certain if we keep getting 10/1 about 9/2 shots this thread will not last another month never mind a year.

2.20 Grageelagh girl 5pts win 5/4 won 11/8 returns 11.8pts soften the blow for the rest of the day if it goes pear shaped.

5.10 persuing steed 3pts e/w 10/1
    isn't always the ones you get a great price about, run like drains, ffs.

anyway we are still up 0.8pts so maybe Genetics will fly home.

7.45 Genetics 2pts e/w 11/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

Following the thread, oisin murphy never tried a shilling on genetics. Did everything to make sure it wasnt placed. Good tipping but hard to account for a ride like that.

Following the thread, oisin murphy never tried a shilling on genetics. Did everything to make sure it wasnt placed. Good tipping but hard to account for a ride like that.

Paddy, once he didn't get the gap up the rail he was fecked, wasn't a greaat ride at all, then he ride like a demon in the last to get the fav home. :mad:

Loss of 3.2pts on the day.

68 bets
    8 winners
    +95.7pts

• Advertisement

Newcastle 8.45 desert sport 2pts e/w 12/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭bookman2

20/1 NOW.

Only raced ten times
    two wins
    one 2nd
    one 3rd

Record at Newcastle, raced two times.
    once over 5f won
    once over 6f 2nd

The 5f race he won was run in the time a battle hardened 5f sprinter would do however Desert Sport was only two yrs old when he put in that time of 1m 0.01s. He carried 9-5 in that race.
    Equate that to Casterbridges two races when he was a 5yr old, carrying 9-4 he did a time of 0m 58.91s and next race he carried 9-3 doing a time of 0m 58.81s.

Don't forget our horse carried a LB or two more and was only a 2yr old when he did a time of just over a second slower.
    the second horse won next time out over c&d and came second in his next c&d race so the form works out.

If Desert Sport has improved a little and comes here fit enough, he should be in the mix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

del roy wrote: »

Only raced ten times
    two wins
    one 2nd
    one 3rd

Record at Newcastle, raced two times.
    once over 5f won
    once over 6f 2nd

The 5f race he won was run in the time a battle hardened 5f sprinter would do however Desert Sport was only two yrs old when he put in that time of 1m 0.01s. He carried 9-5 in that race.
    Equate that to Casterbridges two races when he was a 5yr old, carrying 9-4 he did a time of 0m 58.91s and next race he carried 9-3 doing a time of 0m 58.81s.

Don't forget our horse carried a LB or two more and was only a 2yr old when he did a time of just over a second slower.
    the second horse won next time out over c&d and came second in his next c&d race so the form works out.

If Desert Sport has improved a little and comes here fit enough, he should be in the mix.

Gone 25/1 on powers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

28/1 now. Feck it, went on anyway.

• Advertisement

Lads
    I think Jerry is delaying the write up until the english guys get on, I am not so sure he would be interested in it if he could visualize the drift which is huge now. I would say that write up was early last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,760 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Strange betting race. A lot of big drifters in it.

Fontwell 2.15 kiruna peak 2pts e/w 6/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭bookman2

AARGH thought that was going to win....

bookman2 wrote: »
    AARGH thought that was going to win....

me too, thought he just had to pass him up the run in.

Kempton
    8.30 unblinking 2pts e/w 12/1

Kempton
    8.30 unblinking 2pts e/w 12/1

First lets get DENMEAD out of the way, raced three times at Kempton resulting in form figures of

2nd class 4 2m (1m7f218y) weight 9-1 Winning time: 3m 27.08s (slow by 5.58s)
    1st class 4 2m (1m7f218y) weight 9-5 Winning time: 3m 31.83s (slow by 10.33s)
    2nd class 6 1m3f

The last race he finished 2nd in was a very good effort but at 2/1 fav he is not for me.

Onto our selection UNBLINKING, like Denmead has only raced a couple of times at Kempton, twice in fact resulting in a 2nd and 5th place, both races class 6 handicaps. Bothraces were over the 2m (1m7f218y) distance. I understand you have to take into account what time of year the race is run at due to moisture and cold air not drying out the track however I will take that on board for the moment

In the race where UNBLINKING finished 2nd he carried 9-3. The comments from the race horse were
    Held up in rear-division on inner, ridden along 2f out in centre, chased winner entering final furlong, kept on well inside final furlong (tchd 6/1)
    The time for the race was Winning time: 3m 28.64s (slow by 7.14s)
    That time puts him bang smack in the middle of Denmeads two races at the track.

Now tomorrow night Denmead is 2/1 fav and has to carry 9.5, ok Denmead maybe more consistent at the track than UNBLINKING but you would have to give our lad another chance to better his previous time as he is only carrying 7-13 when you take in to account the jockeys claim. Ok he is up in class but his times suggest he can give it a serious go.
    Regarding the jockey, he is 8/38 the last fourteen days and the last twelve months he has had 41 rides at Kempton resulting in 4 wins and 8 places.
    Since the trainer took out his license he has had 77 runs on the all-weather resulting in 8 wins and 18 places.

12/1 is way to big expect this to shorten into 7 or 8/1 maybe even lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

Desert sport 16's now

70 bets
    8 winners
    +92.9pts

Kempton
    8.30 unblinking 2pts e/w 12/1 out to 20/1 now

5.20 private cashier 2pts e/w 9/1

Kempton
    8.30 unblinking 2pts e/w 12/1 out to 20/1 now

From Twiston Davies website

8.30 - We run two in this 2m handicap. Southfields hasn’t been out since October ‘16 and joined us from Charlie Appleby’s yard in early May. He makes his stable and handicap debut here and a mark of 69 looks reasonable. He’s had three flat outings up to 1m 2f, on that occasion taking second spot at Bath. Expected to go well, could be good value, Kieran Shoemark rides.

Unblinking is still a maiden after seven flat and five hurdles outings but has gone well of late with a couple of seconds under both codes late April / early May. Off of the same mark of 58 as that last run (over 2m on turf at Chepstow) he deserves to get his head in front. This looks a competitive heat, but a good run still expected and he can keep up the good work. David Egan in the saddle.

• Advertisement

12/1 is way to big expect this to shorten into 7 or 8/1 maybe even lower.

A bit of money for Unblinking, 8/1 best you can get now.

72 bets
    8 winners
    +84.9pts

No bets today.

7.05 arab moon 12/1 3pts e/w

7.05 arab moon 12/1 3pts e/w 5th 7/1

never put in the race, what a ride.

73 bets
    8 winners
    +76.9pts

5.35 moltoir 2pt e/w 7/1

info stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

7.05 arab moon 12/1 3pts e/w 5th 7/1

never put in the race, what a ride.

73 bets
    8 winners
    +76.9pts

5.35 moltoir 2pt e/w 7/1

info stuff.

Boom 1st

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Info generally seems to be bang on, always thereabouts

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

Fair play, that was a solid priced winner, gives us a good reason to get drunk tonight!!

5.35 moltoir 2pt e/w 7/1 1st

info stuff.

Hope everyone who is following got on. today returns a profit of 16.8pts

74 bets
    9 winners
    +93.7pts

I have to say I am surprised how many people are viewing the thread, I started it on the 19th April so we are not even two months in and already over 51k have viewed this thread. I suppose some people just read with interest, someone said awhile back that they hoped Jerry was successful as they didn't like to see the bookies making money, 92 points is a decent start, it takes the pressure of Jerry as he says to go for decent price horses.

Sunday

2.35 becca campbell 2pts e/w 12/1

4.55 tamreer 3pts win 2/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭dclifford

Boom 1st

The 1st that i didnt get a bet on. I needed that.

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

SORRY

but Jerry very rarely posts bets after racing has started.

I think you can click on the notification icon at the top of the page and when something is posted on this thread you will get a text or something like that.

would it be helpful if i set up a group text, I will see if anyone wants that or even if there are enough betting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Genius2013

SORRY

but Jerry very rarely posts bets after racing has started.

I think you can click on the notification icon at the top of the page and when something is posted on this thread you will get a text or something like that.
    What happens is you get an email - godsend for that tip!

Genius2013 wrote: »
    What happens is you get an email - godsend for that tip!
    what good is that, would you not have to at your computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭dclifford

Its fine. I was playing golf, so the phone was off for a few hours. nothing that you can do about that.

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

would it be helpful if i set up a group text, I will see if anyone wants that or even if there are enough betting them.

I'd certainly appreciate it if there's enough interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

This thread is turning out to be as good as the first one a few years back well done Del it was me who was hoping it would turn as the losses on the last one put money in those pesky bookies pockets. I also felt strongly you were under estimating the number following on last thread now I think you believe :)

I love following it though I’m not backing them just enjoying the fun and watching the races

BumperD wrote: »
    This thread is turning out to be as good as the first one a few years back well done Del it was me who was hoping it would turn as the losses on the last one put money in those pesky bookies pockets. I also felt strongly you were under estimating the number following on last thread now I think you believe :)

I love following it though I’m not backing them just enjoying the fun and watching the races

Yes Bumper to be fair you did say, you wouldn't be surprised if alot more people were backing the bets than we actually thought.

I'd certainly appreciate it if there's enough interest.

Lads recall this up and put your name on it, I will get my daughter to set up a group on my mobile.

1. my stubble itches.

A telegram or discord channel might work. They give you a few more options to play with,while keeping the instant piece of text messages.free too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Lads recall this up and put your name on it, I will get my daughter to set up a group on my mobile.

1. my stubble itches.
    2. Barneystinson

ttt

Sunday

2.35 becca campbell 2pts e/w 12/1

4.55 tamreer 3pts win 2/1

5/2 with laddies now

1. my stubble itches.
    2. Barneystinson
    3. Jayd0g