Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 27 UNDEFEATED Miocic v Cormier

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I dont think so personally. At absolute most he was out for 3 seconds maybe I'd say. Ref did well there actually I think. A lot would have stopped it a lot earlier than that while it was up against the cage but I think he did well to let it run like he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Montana De La Rosa is the hottest female fighter on the UFC roster.

Don’t @ me.

Fun fight between Bryce and Tyler.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I think I might have it scored 2-1 to Bryce. The first round was tight enough.

I had that 29-28 to Tyler. Delighted Bryce got the nod though, seemed like a decent guy on TUF.

• Advertisement

Yeah, likeable lad alright.

Poor Gunther, even throwing punches into the camera there he looks anything but a fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I can only imagine the corner advice Gunther will get here.

“You’re doing great boy, just keep pretending he’s an alpaca and hold onto that motherf**ker”.

I was wondering how:

1) Gunther got into TUF in the first place
    2) Got a second chance after being submitted after 17 seconds in the first fight and looking generally atrocious
    3) Gets a matchup in the finale against the only fighter on the show he might be able to beat

Then Jimmy Smith mentions that he trains in the same gym as Stipe and it all makes sense :rolleyes:

Zuniga looks so poor again. I can only imagine what Richie Smullen would have done to him on TUF if that fight went ahead.

Gunther = John Redmond.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Gunther = John Redmond.

You are not far wrong there, haha.

This is extremely dull. Not much ability between the two of them tbh.

Well that was a fun minute towards the end at least. Don’t think we’ll be seeing either of these in the UFC again, unless Gunther gets a low spot on a Fightpass card.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Crazy fight / interview

martyos121 wrote: »
    Well that was a fun minute towards the end at least. Don’t think we’ll be seeing either of these in the UFC again, unless Gunther gets a low spot on a Fightpass card.

Stipe’s mate. He’ll get another shot (although he shouldn’t).

That was one of the lowest standard of quality fights I can remember seeing at such a high level.

Don’t think Richie will be able to overcome Pena’s reach advantage and distance control to secure a takedown, but if there is a God this fight will hit the canvas at least once.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Come on Richie!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don’t think Richie will be able to overcome Pena’s reach advantage and distance control to secure a takedown, but if there is a God this fight will hit the canvas at least once.

I’ve a score on Richie by sub so it fecking better!

Here walks through punches to get body locks.

Impressive from Pena, didn’t know he had such a polished ground game.

• Advertisement

Balls.

There was a couple of very small openings for Richie there too. Shame he couldn’t capitalise.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

No head movement from Smullen at all. Disappointing

Gutted. I can't believe he didn't fight the hands there. He just looked like he gave up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭The White Feather

First time seeing Smullen but he looked out of his depth. Looked like he didn't really know stand up and then tapped out when he seemed to just give up.

Tough day at the office for him.

Disappointed for Smullen but he seemed to have a very weak chin. He dropped like a sack of potatoes. Maybe took the fight too soon after the medical issue?

I have been a fan of Pena this season.

I always root for the Irish guys but Pena is such a likable guy and he is legit... Really hope he can kick on from here and get up the division.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Looked like a classic striker v grappler fight there.Smullen looked like he was desperate to get him to the ground but looked terrified when standing up. Then he got hit and actually gave up on the ground.

Kinda view that as like McGregor/Khabib will go!! Imagine if Conor tapped Khabib like that!!

In response to Brett Okamoto criticism of Conor's behaviour, Kavanagh said that Conor was a 'great teammate' but I don't believe these SBG guys like Smullen are doing any serious sparring with Conor. I'd be shocked if they are because they (SBG in general) all look like rank amateurs on the feet.

I think Conor is doing a bit of rolling with them to learn what he can but he's not putting anything back into the camp skillwise. He's rarely at the group sessions.

In response to Brett Okamoto criticism of Conor's behaviour, Kavanagh said that Conor was a 'great teammate' but I don't believe these SBG guys like Smullen are doing any serious sparring with Conor. I'd be shocked if they are because they (SBG in general) all look like rank amateurs on the feet.

I think Conor is doing a bit of rolling with them to learn what he can but he's not putting anything back into the camp skillwise. He's rarely at the group sessions.

I don’t know about the group sessions, but he definitely organises, arranges and attends sparring sessions with the decent level pros.

I mean, he was even sparring with Johnny Jitzu last week! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Weird to think that the other fighters on TUF all thought Smullen was the guy to beat and for various reasons he couldn’t have been much more of a disaster. Hard to see him getting a chance again without some decent wins.

Advertisement