Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 27 UNDEFEATED Miocic v Cormier

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭xtal191

Great news about Smullen, didn't think Dana would give him another chance

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Tough fight for Richie IMO.

Pena is so long, he might find it difficult to close the distance enough to take it to the ground.

Glad he’s getting a shot however. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

gunther must have the worst striking I've ever seen in mma....he made pendred look like bruce lee there :eek: thanks be to jesus he didn't somehow win that one

delighted for richie but gotta say I'd nearly rather have seen someone other than pena so he's certainly doing have to do it the hard way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

That was hard to watch, lol, but he is some character :)

Can't wait for next week, and best of luck to Richie!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Couldn't help but think Mike was actually going easy on him. He was lighting him up with every jab, hook and upper cut he threw.

• Advertisement

Great fight between Brad and Bryce, hate having to wait a week for the next one. Won't spoiler yet as its just out but is a cracker :)

Amazingfun wrote: »
    Great fight between Brad and Bryce, hate having to wait a week for the next one. Won't spoiler yet as its just out but is a cracker :)

Very good fight, just got done watching the episode.

Got to say HI and shake Brad's hand tonight @ the Robin Black event, lovely guy :) And John K said on stage that Brad is "fighting a little robot", lol...I am racking my brain now trying to figure who he means, and I am thinking it's Tyler. Wonder if this means Brad makes it to the final of the finals!!

I met Brad too, just happened to sit right beside him at the show. Really nice guy.

Said John and Artem would be cornering him in the finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

The fight between Jay and Tyler was phenomenal. The best Ultimate Fighter fight I can remember ever seeing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Can't say it better than as above

What a fight !!!!!

Just watched it now. I think Brad winds the final. He's a much cleaner, rounded martial artist from what I've seen to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Is it reasonable to say that fight possibly guaranteed TUF’s short term future. The continued survival of the concept has been under discussion lately I believe.

John_D80 wrote: »
    Is it reasonable to say that fight possibly guaranteed TUF’s short term future. The continued survival of the concept has been under discussion lately I believe.

Why would a great fight be a reason to end it? I love this show, sure some seasons are better than others, but I am no where near tired of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭cletus

You misunderstood. The talk is already that TUF will likely cease shortly. The house is up for sale (listed at $5 mil).

The above suggestion was that the last fight might give it a temporary shot of life

Amazingfun wrote: »
    Why would a great fight be a reason to end it? I love this show, sure some seasons are better than others, but I am no where near tired of it.

I’m most definitely not saying it should be a reason to end it. :confused:

That wouldnt make sense at all. What I was saying was essentially the opposite of the meaning you took from. A great fight is a good reason to keep it going basically.

Imterest in it has waned significantly and it’s been on the block a number of times and has just barely survived being axed. The Cuccionello/Diamond fight just might have secured its future for another season or two.

cletus wrote: »
    You misunderstood. The talk is already that TUF will likely cease shortly. The house is up for sale (listed at $5 mil).

The above suggestion was that the last fight might give it a temporary shot of life

Yes that’s exactly what I meant.

Apologies, I took that up wrong and wasn't aware the selling of the House meant the end of the show, just figured they were getting a new one, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

i think Brad and Joe will win their finals. Some good match ups as well with Luis vs Richie and Tyler vs Bryce. I'm surprised Dulani isn't on the card. Could have made millions with him on there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

KJ wrote: »
    i think Brad and Joe will win their finals. Some good match ups as well with Luis vs Richie and Tyler vs Bryce. I'm surprised Dulani isn't on the card. Could have made millions with him on there.

With all the money he has, you'd think he'd just buy the UFC and put himself on the card.

• Advertisement

I'm surprised Dulani isn't on the card. Could have made millions with him on there.

He's stepping in as a last minute replacement for Max. Fighting Ortega for the interim strap!

I'm surprised Dulani isn't on the card. Could have made millions with him on there.

He got busted by USADA for elevated levels of debt.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Enjoyed every Dulani gag there, well played gang :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

The cinematography here is great but why they showing this roided up ****?

The beginning of a rough couple of nights fighting against sleep.

Strap in guys! :pac:

Is the whole event on fightpass does anyone know?

A strange atmosphere in the Palms. Sounds like there’s less people there than at a TUF episode :pac:

Paully D wrote: »
    A strange atmosphere in the Palms. Sounds like there’s less people there than at a TUF episode :pac:

Yeah looks eerily quiet there.

I thought the UFC had cut ties with the palms though? Something to do with them banning Dana from the gaming tables because he was winning too much.

Fuuuuúck.

Meerschaert possibly losing round 1 by 10-8 and then turning it around like that!!

• Advertisement

Was that a pretty late stoppage? Guy looked out for a bit to me??

Advertisement