Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemical weapon used on civilians in Syria + Airstrikes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,863 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Are we getting our wires crossed?
    I posted this
    https://www.opcw.org/news/article/media-alert-update-on-the-deployment-of-the-opcw-fact-finding-mission-to-douma-syria/

The word 'shooting' doesnt appear in that.

Are you trying really hard to be clever?
    the team came under small arms fire and an explosive was detonated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

cnocbui wrote: »
    Are you trying really hard to be clever?

Not at all. I'm still confused where you got this statement from
    "So the shots fired were a Syrian/Russian ruse, as suspected, since the inspectors safety was assured. You could only do that if you were the ones doing the shooting."

I thought I missed it in the press release, but actually you've inferred it. Is that right?

Not at all. I'm still confused where you got this statement from
    "So the shots fired were a Syrian/Russian ruse, as suspected, since the inspectors safety was assured. You could only do that if you were the ones doing the shooting."

I thought I missed it in the press release, but actually you've inferred it. Is that right?

Yes I have inferred it. You can't have shots and explosions from hostiles and be guaranteeing security. Either the guarantee of security was a lie or the shots and explosion were.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭skepticalme

From the OPCW statement.

The UNDSS will continue to work with the Syrian National Authority, the local Councils in Douma, and the Russian Military Police to review the security situation. At present, we do not know when the FFM team can be deployed to Douma.
    Of course, I shall only consider such deployment following APPROVAL FROM THE UNDSS, and provided that our team can have unhindered access to the sites.

It is UN security that are not letting the inspectors in yet, not the russians.

Also the inspectors were not in Douma, it was the UNDSS that had the problems at the 2 sites.

On another note, the State Department spokesman was asked by a journalist about an internal state dept memo that stated funding for the 'white helmets' was being discontinued on April 15th.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

The people of Syria hate Assad so much he can drive himself through Damascus without any sort of armed convoy or armoured car. Yes definitely looks like a man who gasses his own people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Gringo180 wrote: »
    The people of Syria hate Assad so much he can drive himself through Damascus without any sort of armed convoy or armoured car. Yes definitely looks like a man who gasses his own people.

You would have to be serious issues to think he actually did that without any military force protection ,
    Gunships , troops , vehicles and special forces would have been all over him..

But it must feel nice being part of the assputin propaganda machine

Gatling wrote: »
    You would have to be serious issues to think he actually did that without any military force protection ,
    Gunships , troops , vehicles and special forces would have been all over him..

But it must feel nice being part of the assputin propaganda machine

https://youtu.be/jUZR7RDxkSs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Looks like ISIL presence in Damascus is being cleared out, along with the other rebel enclaves. At least one of these rebel positions have surrendered without a shot being fired. That's progress! One of the enclaves that surrendered still had a number of operational tanks which they handed over to the Syrian army (T60s, etc.)

Of course none of the rebels (even ISIL) fighters are going to be incarcerated, but rather bussed to other territory they still control. The war's not over yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Mutant z wrote: »
    While the Saudi kings are given the red carpet treatment and weapons by the US and UK to use on civilians in Yemen with barely a murmur raised from either.

Not have to wait long - Saudi-led military coalition have killed at least 20 people attending a wedding in a village in northwestern Yemen:

https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2018/0423/956482-yemen-air-strikes/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Discreetly tucked away by their British friends, see if you can find it on BBC News folks.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world/middle_east

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,217 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Discreetly tucked away by their British friends, see if you can find it on BBC News folks.

it is on the BBC News front page

bbc.png

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

Can you imagine the coverage this would get if it was a suspected Russian strike in Syria? British licence payers are being severely short changed by the BBC when it comes to impartiality.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

it is on the BBC News front page

bbc.png

I better go to Specsavers! :confused:http://www.bbc.com/news

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Is this some story that shows that the chemical attack was fabricated or a story about something else for you to whatabout?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,217 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I better go to Specsavers! :confused:http://www.bbc.com/news

the link you posted was just to the middle east section of the BBC. the top story there was about the rebuilding of the mosque in mosul. i thought that was what you are referring to. I hadn't noticed the link in the previous story. However that is also on the BBC middle east page it hasnt been buried.

bbc.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

But they explained in some other article that this is all Russians and poor people fault (war in Yemen).

I better go to Specsavers! :confused:

I have no idea what you you are on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

Remind us how that happened

How people died in the Central America wars of the 60's, 70's & 80's? Well they were either bombed or shot to death.

It's a sputnik exposé

Safe to say it's fake

Funny you should say that.

It turns out that the "exposé" was filmed at a military building in Damascus.

How people died in the Central America wars of the 60's, 70's & 80's? Well they were either bombed or shot to death.

Yeah. And how many died in the trenches in Belgium? And what about the crusades? And what about that meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Yeah. And how many died in the trenches in Belgium? And what about the crusades? And what about that meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs?

America is definitely to blame for that. The crater is on the American continent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Just had to post this and out after this. Englishman was harassed by certain people online of being a Russian bot on Twitter and Sky News made the mistake of bringing him on to attack him. They got annilated with truth bombs, amazing watch, and futher proof how stupid these puppets are.

Just had to post this and out after this. Englishman

Claimed to be voting in the US elections and gets caught in the lie.

Happens on threads on a regular basis

Typical low level trolls stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

double post

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Just had to post this and out after this. Englishman was harassed by certain people online of being a Russian bot on Twitter and Sky News made the mistake of bringing him on to attack him. They got annilated with truth bombs, amazing watch, and futher proof how stupid these puppets are.

Frightening, they almost lament that they can't shut his twitter down just for daring to question the british government. Especially sinister is the government scrolling through his twitter trying to discredit him over unrelated ****... unbelievable

There's very little to differentiate between an IRA shill who retweets Russian propaganda and a useful idiot who retweets Russian propaganda. He came up as a false positive and if you look at his timeline, you'll see why.

In any case, one false positive doesn't prove whatever point it was that you were making.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭mulbot

Claimed to be voting in the US elections and gets caught in the lie.

Happens on threads on a regular basis

Typical low level trolls stuff

He explained this as nothing more than a turn of phrase-as in,"he gets my vote" or "he gets the nod from me".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

When dissent becomes a subversive act & has one labelled an enemy.

Orwellian stuff
    Dark times for Britain.

Actually going back to the Airstrikes inside Syria lavrov made big claims about shooting down the majority of the missles fired as did the assad regime .but neither offered any evidence to back up the claims no photos or videos,debris

The Americans came out and said yes the regime fired 2 missles after all 105 cruise and air to ground missles had all hit their designated targets .

Looks like lavrov got caught again and the Syrians shot into the night sky to make it look like they did something.

• Advertisement

Very interesting that Theresa Mays husband has links to the arms industry.

Advertisement