Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemical weapon used on civilians in Syria + Airstrikes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Link for this confirmation of Novichok

Here you go, straight from the horses mouth - "the nerve agent found is from this family known as Novichok and we are 100% certain of that" CEO of Porton Down: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/porton-down-%e2%80%98100percent-certain%e2%80%99-novichok-was-used-in-spy-attack/vi-AAvqaUk
    It's a nerve agent but is it this mystery Novitchok? Novitchok is supposedly 8 times more deadly than VX they would not have survived. Skipral daughter was texting her cousin recently and nobody has talked to the Skiprals since this incident, least not the public or media.

Your ignoranace on this point is total. You shouldn't pretend that you have the mental faculties to express a logical argument when you are actually not even aware of the basics. The reason for the Novichok having a delayed effect has been clearly explained.
    Novichok related if I remember correctly...still waiting on Gatlings link to say it was definitely novichok
    Novichok or closely related nerve agent, you right

No, Porton Down did not say closely related, they said that it was from within the Novichok family of compounds, making it Novichok.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Gatling wrote: »
    I'm actually starting to like her ....

Yeah she seems pretty sharp. I mean what can she say - every member in the room knows Vassily is forced to operate to an almost "North Korea style" script at the moment

I just hope Mattis opinion is followed killing Russians is beyond idiotic.

They killed over 200 of those idiotic Russians a few weeks ago. Barely a ripple from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I just hope Mattis opinion is followed killing Russians is beyond idiotic.

But killing Syrians with Chemical weapons is fine

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,472 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Trump has ordered an attack on Syria according to reports.

https://twitter.com/JoeRTabet/status/984953458485809152

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

cnocbui wrote: »
    They killed over 200 of those idiotic Russians a few weeks ago. Barely a ripple from that.

Mercenaries. Russia will support its own troops in battle.

But killing Syrians with Chemical weapons is fine

Come on man nobody sane wants a war with Russia.

They identified the chemical structure the UK claimed it was. They would not identify it was Novitchok though that should tell you something no:confused:

,i,,

CNN is broadcasting now about Syria. Trump statement at 2 our time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Mix 2 household cleaning products the wrong way and you have a "oh ****" moment, open the windows and run.

Killing moles is the same. The stuff clings to the ground as it is denser than air.

Anyone can make chlorine gas. But only a military power can make it on the scale of WW1 or Syria.

These are not guys mixing bleach. It was done on an industrial scale that only a purpose built lab could do.

Why would only a military unit be able to make the Chrolrine of which you speak?

If people can make petrolbombs using a rag and a bottle, if a the best military on the planet [their claim] can be blown to pieces by an IED that costs less than a pizza then surely you must think that anyone can make a Ch compound, no?

Where was the "industrial scale" that you speak of? Where?

Will your next answer be that people were mixing this in an underground bathtub?

Why is it so difficult to get proof?

• Advertisement

Trump has ordered an attack on Syria according to reports.

https://twitter.com/JoeRTabet/status/984953458485809152

Question is what they'll strike, possibly some or all of the 5 sites. I'd also guess airbases might be hit (were used as a form of delivery)

Am in no doubt the Syrians have been using the last 2 or 3 days to hastily protect whatever air assets they can

CNN is broadcasting now about Syria. Trump statement at 2 our time.

Oh will have to stay up for this so. His speeches are like nails on the chalkboard though, will have to follow it on a live site

I think most people will be happy if they follow Mattis recommendation and don't go for regime change.

Isn't it more usual to strike first and then announce later?

Are the HARMs already streaking through the night as I type?

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Question is what they'll strike, possibly some or all of the 5 sites. I'd also guess airbases might be hit (were used as a form of delivery)

Am in no doubt the Syrians have been using the last 2 or 3 days to hastily protect whatever air assets they can

Been a few rumours Assads palaces and compounds are likely on the list too ,

Trump already fired a warning shot last time .
    This might be a lot bigger event

Isn't it more usual to strike first and then announce later?

Are the HARMs already streaking through the night as I type?

Could stuff be already in the air and hitting targets now?

I remember Iraq 2003 did Bush not announce an attack before the missiles hit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

You shouldn't pretend that you have the mental faculties

Mods do you let these personal insults go?

Anyway They said its from the Novichok family of agents...not Novichok as Gatling tries to make us believe.

Tell me why as Irish people we should bow down and accept the word of the UK without question?

Dohnjoe wrote: »

I afraid to go to bed till I know Trump not bombing Russians.

I afraid to go to bed till I know Trump not bombing Russians.

Did you order some factor 1000 suncream by any chance .
    Might be getting warmer weather soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Missles are flying .

France and UK are striking Syria also tonight.

Stop lying!
    Go back to the CT forum....youre fcuking delusional.

Im dealing in exactly what was presented in the public by Porton Down and the OPCW.
    Mods do you let these personal insults go?

Anyway They said its from the Novichok family of agents...not Novichok as Gatling tries to make us believe.

Tell me why as Irish people we should bow down and accept the word of the UK
    without question?

Ahhhem!

Jesus christ

Missles are flying .

Do you know about this site?

https://syria.liveuamap.com/

Can be quite enlightening in times of stress

• Registered Users Posts: 8,352 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Long Long Long overdue.

Do you know about this site?

https://syria.liveuamap.com/

Can be quite enlightening in times of stress

Someone didn't get the memo

I don't believe it," a senior @WhiteHouse official tells of @BBCNews report that @POTUS is to make a major announcement tonight. "It's a no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Ahhhem!

Ahem what?
    They never said it was Novichok.
    "from the novichok family"

No matter anyway as it looks like you and your cronies got what you wanted.
    Another fcuk up in the ME!!

I see already a few posters getting excited as the missles fall on Syria.
    Sad sad bastards

• Advertisement

Missles are flying .

Yup, it's happening. By the sounds of Trump's speech looks like they are directly targeting anything in Syria related to their CW program and delivery methods

Advertisement