Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemical weapon used on civilians in Syria + Airstrikes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

OPCW confirmed

Which was Novichok confirmed by Porton Down only last week .

So this investigation that's going to happen in Syria is already compromised ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Gatling wrote: »

Link for this confirmation of Novichok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Your right. It must've been the chicken Mr and Ms Skripal had in Zizis restaurant did the damage.

It's a nerve agent but is it this mystery Novitchok? Novitchok is supposedly 8 times more deadly than VX they would not have survived. Skipral daughter was texting her cousin recently and nobody has talked to the Skiprals since this incident, least not the public or media.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Sure the Russians drove through there earlier and it's fine. Nothing to see here. All made up or some foreign agency did it or some foreign agency made it up or local scallywags faked it or the UK did it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Now that original...

I’d say you have a wee dram of russian moonshine drank on this very eve old gatling.

• Advertisement

UK said it was Novichok. OPCW just said toxic chemical.

Novichok related if I remember correctly...still waiting on Gatlings link to say it was definitely novichok

Novichok related if I remember correctly

Novichok or closely related nerve agent, you right

I’d say you have a wee dram of russian moonshine drank on this very eve old gatling.

I've a nice Subzero degree bottle of Absolut beside me smoother than that cheaper russian stuff people tend to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

No mention of Novichok??

All this wordplay and semantics was predicted in the earlier threads on the Skripal case

It's established that they were attacked with a nerve agent. There's no real debate over that. Porton Down claimed that it was from the Novichok family but did not give the actual source (which lab it came from) The OPCW tests backed those findings.

• Advertisement

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    It's established that they were attacked with a nerve agent. The OPCW tests backed those findings.

Thats all thats been established....no play on words,just clearing of the waters that some posters try to muddy:)

It's a nerve agent but is it this mystery Novitchok? Novitchok is supposedly 8 times more deadly than VX they would not have survived. Skipral daughter was texting her cousin recently and nobody has talked to the Skiprals since this incident, least not the public or media.

The OPCW would have a list of the more generic nasty nerve agents. Obviously they wouldn't have the stuff that's hidden from the world be it US made,UK made even Russian made. They've confirmed a deadly compound that they don't have on file. Do you want the OPCW to start up in the spy game so they can confirm every R+D level nerve agent in existence. I see the point your making but it's just not realistic.

Novichok related if I remember correctly...still waiting on Gatlings link to say it was definitely novichok

Already posted it three times

Three times

Three time

Yes Three times

OPCW confirmed what the UK said it was .

Porton Down said last week it was confirmed Novichok .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

No, they said more than that. They didn't just say it was a toxic chemical they said they agreed that it was precisely the toxic chemical the British claimed it to be. Since they said it was Novichok, the OPCW were agreeing with them.

Porton Down said last week it was confirmed Novichok .

Stop lying!

cnocbui wrote: »
    No, they said more than that. They didn't just say it was a toxic chemical they said they agreed that it was precisely the toxic chemical the British claimed it to be. Since they said it was Novichok, the OPCW were agreeing with them.

They identified the chemical structure the UK claimed it was. They would not identify it was Novitchok though that should tell you something no:confused:

As mentioned, purely semantics and wordplay. This is why people literally need to "lawyer up" in these types of threads. This happens all the time in conspiracy theory forums - this is how they argue and discredit information.

There is no counter-theory presented as to how the Skripals died - all that's left to attack the wording. Which is precisely what we see here.

If someone wants to present the counter-theory I am keenly interested. But it's doubtful we'll see that, instead certain posters will try to attack and discredit any information that comes out of this based on incredulity, wording, definitions, etc

Edit: were poisoned

As mentioned, purely semantics and wordplay. This is why people literally need to "lawyer up" in these types of threads. This happens all the time in conspiracy theory forums - this is how they argue and discredit information.

There is no counter-theory presented as to how the Skripals died - all that's left to attack the wording. Which is precisely what we see here.

If someone wants to present the counter-theory I am keenly interested. But it's doubtful we'll see that, instead certain posters will try to attack and discredit any information that comes out of this based on incredulity, wording, definitions, etc
    They're not dead.

FAKE NEWS no people dead Donald

Being it's the weekend something to lift the mood.

• Advertisement

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-43760153/un-ambassador-how-can-you-say-that-with-a-straight-face

The US ambassador pointing out which member of the UN is the only member to express unilateralism when it comes to chemical weapons, was responsible for killing the Joint Investigative Mechanism, and has used it's veto 6 times to prevent condemnation of Assad's use of chemical weapons

CZ 453 wrote: »
    They're not dead.

I know, I miswrote ;)

There is no counter-theory presented as to how the Skripals died

Go back to the CT forum....youre fcuking delusional.

Im dealing in exactly what was presented in the public by Porton Down and the OPCW.

I know, I miswrote ;)

Go "miswrite" on the CT forum and stop trying to muddy the waters with your wall of waffle

I'm actually starting to like her ....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,472 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Trump to make Syria announcement in 30 minutes according to reports.

Cnn reporter I think it's about to kick off guys.

Press pool in Lima with Vice President Pence is rushing back to the hotel unexpectedly. White House is telling the press pool that’s here in Washington to gather.

I’m going to stick to my original prediction which is nothing will happen.trump might be let fire a few fireworks into an empty field in Syria to save face after promising smart new rockets but that’s all.

Interesting

• Advertisement

I’m going to stick to my original prediction which is nothing will happen.trump might be let fire a few fireworks into an empty field in Syria to save face after promising smart new rockets but that’s all.

I just hope Mattis opinion is followed killing Russians is beyond idiotic.

Advertisement