Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friend borrowing money

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

Tell her I want my tits back!;)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Wexford96

Got it down to 250 now. Had to threaten all kinds to get this last installment.
    I also pulled in an older person we both respect to intervene.
    One more installment and I'm paid finally. Never again.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

Wexford96 wrote: »
    Got it down to 250 now. Had to threaten all kinds to get this last installment.
    I also pulled in an older person we both respect to intervene.
    One more installment and I'm paid finally. Never again.
    Thanks.
    The best lesson in life is a hard learned one. 

I've been in your shoes before and it will serve you well in future when someone again tries to take advantage of your good nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

A friend of hours asked for a loan to as he put it to pay a final bill. We gave him 1200e. only last week he landed again looking for more again to pay a final bill with no mention of the first loan.

We will get it back but when I don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

lulu1 wrote: »
    A friend of hours asked for a loan to as he put it to pay a final bill. We gave him 1200e. only last week he landed again looking for more again to pay a final bill with no mention of the first loan.

We will get it back but when I don't know

You have no more and stuck yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

You have no more and stuck yourself

Yeah we told him he caught us on a good day the last time

We know hes getting himself into debt and he prob has to wait until he gets paid for the job he's doing but that's his choice.

Just don't expect others to pay the bills

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Thats no friend. Thats a user. And a selfish one at that. Get the remaining £ from her and dont support her by ever lendung her money again - or buying her meals or drinks all night. She has obviously been treating people like this all her life and got away with it - who asks a work colleague for a thousand euro of loaned money - someone who has burned through all their other friends and family first. Well done on your intervening elder friend- continue to use them to that cash back, and never loan to her again. My granny used also chant that at randim times - never a borrower or a lender be. Seems to stand the test of time. Unlike your fairweather user nonchaland overspender colleague. Best of luck.

Thats no friend. Thats a user. And a selfish one at that. Get the remaining £ from her and dont support her by ever lendung her money again - or buying her meals or drinks all night. She has obviously been treating people like this all her life and got away with it - who asks a work colleague for a thousand euro of loaned money - someone who has burned through all their other friends and family first. Well done on your intervening elder friend- continue to use them to  that cash back, and never loan to her again. My granny used also chant that at randim times - never a borrower or a lender be. Seems to stand the test of time. Unlike your fairweather user nonchaland overspender colleague. Best of luck.
    Thanks!
     I'm told Ill get the remaining 250 this week which means over the next 2 workdays. I expect lots of drama and there will be nothing easy about getting it back. Lets see how hard/easy it is to extract the last installment.

Just picked up the last installment. I got this debt sorted thanks to the replies I got here on this forum. Those people who replied gave me the courage to go after what is mine. Thank you folks.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Well done on following it up with her OP - never give her another cent :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Did she cry as she handed it over? It would be too much to expect thanks for the financial help you gave her....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Absolutely Delighted to hear of your great success - fair play to you it was ahard thing to do. Now ,as Twink woukd say, zip up your money!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

cbyrd wrote: »
    My Nana gave me a piece of advice when I was about 8
    Neither a borrower nor a lender be,
    Only give away what you don't expect back and only gamble with money you don't need.. ;)

Was it Mark Corrigan, yer nan? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,052 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Don't even give her the steam off your p-ss from now on.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ts_editor

Was it Mark Corrigan, yer nan? :)
    William Shakespeare.

I'm intrigued and delighted that all these Irish nannies have read Hamlet ....

Neither a borrower nor a lender be,
    For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
    And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

Wexford96, you're flush right now, and well .... I'm a little short .... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Good job PI forum and OP !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Well done OP, you are one of the lucky ones who got their money back from a sponger. She'll never ask you for money again.

Advertisement