Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Hopefully the audiences that the main rosters perform in front of will be willing to play along like the NXT crowd in their heat towards Ciampa.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,714 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

The main roster is already too bloated with so much talent floating from week to week with nothing to do. Random match here and there but no ongoing storyline of note. They need a new brand called for talent that has washed through the main roster, YST, NVR or some such.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I kinda don't want Shayna Baszler title run to end since she is only starting to find her grove as champion.

I also find Kairi Sane a bit of bland babyface even though she is great in the ring.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Undisputed Era, to feud against The Once Again Reunited Shield, to help get Da Big Dawg over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

The Undisputed Era is an awful name for a stable

The Undisputed Era are a fine bunch of lads though, hope they stay in NXT for as long as possible so we can enjoy them for as long as possible, ditto for Velveteen Dream

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,894 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They still need to fit an 'S' on to their logo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

That Baszler promo sums up my attitude towards these "legit fighter" gimmicks. It's not good heel heat to refer to the competitors around you as phonies and she didn't say one thing to build up her opponent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭ThePott

First NXT UK taping was tonight, believe it was the first 3 episodes they filmed. Here's the run through from someone in attendance, SPOILERS
    • Red ropes for the ring
    • Jeremy Borash is here
    • Match 1: El Ligero def. PROGRESS Tag Team Champion James Drake
    • Joel Allen is still reffing
    • Crowd reactions are being pre recorded
    • Match 2: Joe Coffey def. Mark Andrews
    • After the match, The Coffey Brothers attack Andrews but Flash Morgan Webster makes the save
    • Match 3: Toni Storm def. Nina Samuels
    • Moustache Mountain have a big boi promo
    • Match 4: Dave Mastiff def. Sid Scala
    • Match 5: NXT UK Championship: Pete Dunne(c) def. Noam Dar
    • Joseph Conners vs Kenny Williams stopped because Conners got injured really badly. He isn’t moving. Conners eventually got up. He’s okay!
    • Match 6: Dakota Kai def. Killer Kelly
    • Match 7: Ashton Smith def. Tucker
    • PROGRESS Tag Team Champion & WWE UK Tournament 2018 Winner Zack Gibson got some promo time. It seriously lasted 10 minutes.
    • Match 8: Trent Seven def. Saxon Huxley (I think)
    • Match 9: Flash Morgan Webster def. Mark Coffey
    • After the match, The Coffey Bros attacked FMW and Mark Andrews & Travis Banks made the save
    • Match 10: Tyler Bate def. Wolfgang
    • Match 11: Danny Burch def. Sam Gradwell
    • After the match, Burch challenges Dunne to a title match.
    • Main Event: Zack Gibson def. Noam Dar

Not sure when this is going to air.

I see they updated the opening. Final shot looks good.

And we now have ones cheering Ciampa. While Gargano is becoming a bit of a d!ck. And the fans censoring themselves.

Candace really sold the arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

SPOILER from last night's NXT, but hasn't aired yet, and impacting on Takeover: Brooklyn 4 main event.
    Aleister Black will not be at NXT Takeover: Brooklyn 4, groin injury he suffered is worst than originally thought.

PWInsider has confirmed that Black will not be at Takeover. There is no official word from WWE but it’s looking like the match will be Gargano challenging Ciampa for the NXT Championship.

From what I've seen on Instagram,
    The Undisputed Era will put him on the shelf.
    So Johnny Gargano/Tommaso Ciampa to tangle one more time, this time with the NXT Championship on the line
    ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Disappointing that, I sort of liked that Aleister Black was the 3rd wheel in the feud because he fit so well, even his theme song wanted to be involved with these guys

"No man is ever truly good" - Pans to Gargano
    "No man is ever truly evil" - Pans to Ciampa

3 big singles matches in 4 months between Gargano & Ciampa is overkill no matter how good they are, it's a pity really

As per spoilers, WWE.com have announced...
    The main event will be Gargano vs Ciampa 3 in a Last Man Standing match.

(Given WWE aren't hiding this, and have announced it on WWE.com, I'd imagine spoilers might not be too nessecary, but I'll put them just in case.

As much as I enjoyed the whole mystery being established, i did think they went overboard. I enjoyed the way it opened and you saw all the wrestlers yourself but then they went in depth with different angles and basically saying it could be anybody.

Kairi showing a bit of development

• Registered Users Posts: 23,129 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Thought the Kairi thing was really cool. That's how to give your cheery, smiling babyface some edge. Baszler reacted great to it as well.

And on a list of things not expected on NXT: A quick lesson on the Shankly Gates.

So is working the fingers a British thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

The talent pool is overflowing on this show and Matt Riddle still to come. I haven't read any spoilers, I wonder what they will do with Riddle? He has it all to be a huge star.

I think Nikki is enjoying her character a little too much.

So Ciampa now has music.

There's a guy in the front row these days who I think it's still real to. I keep thinking he's going to get himself in trouble. He was getting so worked up this week shouting "I hate you" to Ciampa.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,129 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I've only seen a handful of Otis clips but the guy makes me laugh every time...

https://streamable.com/8juae

• Advertisement

I adore Ciampa's shirt

Wonder if it says much on the back

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Thought Ohno's shirt was the highlight of NXT

Dm8VCVpWwAAS34L.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I can never get invested into Lars Sullivan since he is far too generic as a big guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

CastorTroy wrote: »
    There's a guy in the front row these days who I think it's still real to. I keep thinking he's going to get himself in trouble. He was getting so worked up this week shouting "I hate you" to Ciampa.

He's an attention seeking cringebag.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I can never get invested into Lars Sullivan since he is far too generic as a big guy.

I think his demeanour is what sets him a part. He's not a big oaf, he's billed as this psychotic genius. I like him. I like that silouette spotlight they do on him too.

Meant to say as well, Assuming there's no double DQ or anything along those lines, after next week's episode we will have either a North American wrestler with the UK title or a UK wrestler with the North American title. Seems strange

At least there's now one match at Evolution that should be decent

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Not reading spoilers.

Is war games going to be three teams again?

Richochet & War Raiders Vs. Moustache Mountain Vs. Undisputed Era?

No announcement on the weekly show yet and doesn't take place until Nov 17th. I'm avoiding spoilers as well but the current tapings go as far as Oct 10th, I think. So probably be announced at the tapings on Oct 17th.

• Advertisement

Nikki's great! Whatever happened that group she was part of? Seems they vanished.

I'm sure that Triple Threat will be nothing compared to the one at Crown Jewel. :)
    Haven't read NXT UK spoilers, but if he doesn't drop it there, I can see Pete Dunne dropping his title soon to move fulltime to the States.

Advertisement