Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munster vs Toulon, ERCC QF, Sat 30th March 3:15pm; Sky Sports Action

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Ball picked up at the back of the scrum... dropped..it travelled forward... only 1 roll, but that's enough 100% a good try
    I could be wrong, but even if it hadn't been knocked on, the ruck would still have been over due to the ball being picked up. Afaik, it can only be moved on the ground in a ruck, once it's picked up it's ruck over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Toulon
    prawnsambo wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but even if it hadn't been knocked on, the ruck would still have been over due to the ball being picked up. Afaik, it can only be moved on the ground in a ruck, once it's picked up it's ruck over.

Ball was picked up and dropped forward...it was not touched by the defender again... Murray picked it up and dotted down...I read it as he was playing penalty advantage (even though it had not yet been given)

Ball was picked up and dropped forward...it was not touched by the defender again... Murray picked it up and dotted down...I read it as he was playing penalty advantage (even though it had not yet been given)
    What I'm saying is that (if I'm correct) even if the knock-on had not been given, it was still a try. I was scratching my head as to why they were spending so much time adjudicating the knock-on when the ball had been picked up. Need to check the laws, but I'm pretty sure the ruck ends when the ball is picked up.

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Is the ball not out there? Some people saying the ball was in touch and crossed the plane of touch and under new rules should not have been given?

I think in this case the ball is only out if Conway is out, but he's fully in the field of play so it's play on.

Thought the Murray try was the right call as well.

But I thought Zebo got very lucky. Ashton was going to score there if Zebo hadn't intervened and he had no prospect of catching that ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I think in this case the ball is only out if Conway is out, but he's fully in the field of play so it's play on.

Thought the Murray try was the right call as well.

But I thought Zebo got very lucky. Ashton was going to score there if Zebo hadn't intervened and he had no prospect of catching that ball.

Zebo is still entitled to go for the ball and it would be a harsh call to say he deliberately knocked on. He would have had a fair chance of catching the ball if he hadn't collided with Ashton. Different matter if a player had just reached out and knocked the ball into touch.

• Advertisement

Zebo is still entitled to go for the ball and it would be a harsh call to say he deliberately knocked on. He would have had a fair chance of catching the ball if he hadn't collided with Ashton. Different matter if a player had just reached out and knocked the ball into touch.

He was going for it with one hand. He had absolutely no prospect of catching the ball.

Toulon
    He was going for it with one hand. He had absolutely no prospect of catching the ball.

You've never seen a one handed catch, or someone control a ball and bring it into their chest?

You've never seen a one handed catch, or someone control a ball and bring it into their chest?
    Rob Kearney did the exact same thing for Garry Ringrose's try in the 6N. Albeit also in a somewhat controversial fashion. :)

Apparently Zebo whispered that he'd got away with it to Chris Ashton. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭kub

But Zebo has magical powers when it comes to catching rugby balls.

Toulon
    kub wrote: »

Indeed...I was waiting for him to palm it down to his heel, flick it up, catch it, wink at Ashton and whip his phone out of his jocks to Instagram the look on Ashton's face "Uce"!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

But it wasnt dropped forward???

Toulon
    But it wasnt dropped forward???

Most definitely was, there's no doubt at all about that

Most definitely was, there's no doubt at all about that

Really? It seemed to take a long time to adjudicate and the commentators were saying it didnt go forward. I cant see where it went forward.
    So how come there is 'no doubt at all'?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Really? It seemed to take a long time to adjudicate and the commentators were saying it didnt go forward. I cant see where it went forward.

In one of the last replays where the tmo zoomed in it rolled forward. Was clear on the screen

Toulon

Because people weren't watching for it...
    It's a clear as day on camera, reviews showed it...if anyone still thinks it didn't travel forward...well there's not much can be done about that.

Nah. Great thinking by Murray - very sharp as usual. But the ball did not go forwards. Error by video ref.

Toulon
    Nah. Great thinking by Murray - very sharp as usual. But the ball did not go forwards. Error by video ref.

You're possibly the only one who thinks that, is the date important to you?

kub wrote: »

So it seems. Probably because he's from Munster.

Anyway congrats and I really really really hope it's a Leinster v Munster final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Reggie Corrigan
    leakyboots wrote: »
    4m45s: "Non... NON!... he still has it... Conway... Conway.. who accelerates!... who goes through!... woah... woah... it's incredible! it's incredible!... this.... miraculous try!... miraculous!... what madness!.... that try by Conway... an Irish miracle exists!"

Brilliant stuff, light and day between that and Sky Sports just shouting his name repeatedly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,601 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Toulon
    Doesn't matter if it was dropped forward, it was picked out of the ruck, the ruck was over.

Watch how Murray handles the ball in a ruck. He either uses his feet or the tips of his fingers until he's ready to pick it up. He knows that once he picks up the ball, the ruck is over and there's no offside line.

• Advertisement

Akrasia wrote: »
    Doesn't matter if it was dropped forward, it was picked out of the ruck, the ruck was over.

Watch how Murray handles the ball in a ruck. He either uses his feet it the tips of his fingers until he's ready to pick it up. He knows that once he picks up the ball, the ruck is over and there's no offside line.

I agree with this. As soon as he picked it then Munster players are entitled to move up and tackle him. The fact he dropped the ball seems incidental to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Yep the knock on is supposedly inconsequential. All that matters was one scrum half knew the rules and the other didn't

Toulon
    Jean Kleyn - 18 tackles
    Billy Holland - 17 tackles
    Dave Kilcoyne - 14 tackles
    Peter O'Mahony - 14 tackles
    Jack O'Donoghue - 18 tackles
    CJ Stander - 21 tackles

Amazing stats ... JOD's number caught me by surprise a little

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

there'll be a few sore bodies today after that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,823 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

BBDBB wrote: »
    there'll be a few sore bodies today after that

The players or the fans?!haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

As long as sore is all they are. Who drops out if Earls is fit for the semi final?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Toulon
    Bridge93 wrote: »
    As long as sore is all they are. Who drops out if Earls is fit for the semi final?

Wootton

Toulon
    Bridge93 wrote: »

Think we're all waiting for the injury report on Zebo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭phog

JOD had a great game yesterday, I think everyone had great games but the effort from Arnold & Jack were second to none.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,903 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Amazing Chris Ashton played for 3 different clubs against Munster in his career

Northampton, Saracens and Toulon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Amazing Chris Ashton played for 3 different clubs against Munster in his career

Northampton, Saracens and Toulon

Oooh, what's his W/L/D against them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,949 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

.ak wrote:

Who cares? He has been a great player for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

eagle eye wrote: »
    Who cares? He has been a great player for a long time.

I suppose... I do?

WTV's Blog

TRK's The Wally Ratings

.ak wrote: »

Assuming he played against us in all the games when we played those teams

I think this is the win/loss stats
    Saints Won 1 - Lost 4
    Saracens Won 3 - Lost 2
    Toulon Won 0 - Lost 1

Total - Won 4 - Lost 7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

phog wrote: »
    Assuming he played against us in all the games when we played those teams

I think this is the win/loss stats
    Saints Won 1 - Lost 4
    Saracens Won 3 - Lost 2
    Toulon Won 0 - Lost 1

Total - Won 4 - Lost 7
    I looked it up and he didn't play in some of the saints games. At least 2 games iirc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Was it one of the games against Saints when Tony Buckley picked up that randomer at the back of a ruck and just casually tossed him away? Or was that the Biarritz game that year?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Was it one of the games against Saints when Tony Buckley picked up that randomer at the back of a ruck and just casually tossed him away? Or was that the Biarritz game that year?
    Biarritz semi final in 2010 I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Going with my pre-match prediction based on how well IK did and have to hold my hands up and say he did really well, made one or two errors but over the whole course of the game he was very good. Even my FIL who never has a good thing to say about him, agreed that he played very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,823 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Racing v Toulon on Sky Sports at 3:45, should be interesting!

• Advertisement
Advertisement