Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast rape trial - all 4 found not guilty Mod Note post one

Options
1310311312313314316»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66,930 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Sorry, seems my coffee is wearing off.

Yeah, all interconnected-but Ulster Rugby clubs haven't been having the similar rate of success as those in the Republic. So for them, it's gonna be a major loss-they'll look at two guys and cut their losses-sports is a cruel business, to say the least.

Why do they bother sponsoring? Easy, spend money to make money-businesses go down the tubes every year because they don't spent somewhere in the region of 25 to 33 percent of thie profits annually to promote themselves.

Sponsorship is business-it's them making money, not the irfu.

But you said earlier they have people by the cojones anyway. Make your mind up.

You may well be right, I don't know but there will certainly be more considerations for them to take on board and also a precedent will be set. Once the twitterati get their way then any slight against womanhood or arbitrary morals will result in 'de outrage'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I spoke with a friend of mine yesterday who's a partner in A&L Goodbody one of the sponsors of Ulster Rugby.

He basically said that while officially they were "monitoring developments", unofficially they would be prepared to pull their sponsorship if the two boys aren't cut loose.

I asked him if this message had been passed on to Ulster Rugby - he laughed and said "loud and clear".

I have to say I'm delighted - Absolute scumbag behaviour from the 4 of them and rightly, they'll suffer the full consequences. Hopefully it'll be some comfort for the woman involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭tritium

It’s kind of disgusting how badly a section of the population want to link the additional information to an implication that the jury got it wrong ibecause somehow key evidence was withheld

Like really really with pathological hatred want to make that link

Quite incredible that the same people who have been on here telling us how the compalinant in this case shouldn’t have any past sexual history alluded to (she didn’t) now think that historical stains on jacksons sheet should have been used to damn him.

If it transpired that the complainant was actually quite fond of treesomes that would be inadmissible on a “So what” basis. A lot of the posters looking to find a new avenue for their outrage would agree fully with that. So why they feel entitled then to try to link elements that everyone agrees are outside the events of that night to the trial is frankly a baffling degree of hypocrisy.

I understand now why there was a question around releasing this stuff. Zero evidential value but plenty for sections of the media and outrage junkies to cast shade with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

I spoke with a friend of mine yesterday who's a partner in A&L Goodbody one of the sponsors of Ulster Rugby.

He basically said that while officially they were "monitoring developments", unofficially they would be prepared to pull their sponsorship if the two boys aren't cut loose.

I asked him if this message had been passed on to Ulster Rugby - he laughed and said "loud and clear".

I have to say I'm delighted - Absolute scumbag behaviour from the 4 of them and rightly, they'll suffer the full consequences. Hopefully it'll be some comfort for the woman involved.

You sound like a red top tabloid hack,with your "sources ". Get a life.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Anybody else here receive the WhatsApp messages that are currently doing the rounds?
    Some juicy stuff in them.

Pm please

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,215 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Mod: I am going to lock this now as we're nearing the 10,000 post limit. Will pop up a new thread shortly.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement