Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Try_harder wrote: »
    ‪I finally got around to trimming my bush!‬
    2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

2.jpg

It was too big and wild you couldnt get past it

5 Euro Wex to Dub train ticket- boom!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Graces7 wrote: »
    You mean like this right?...:D

Did not open it. Clearly folk here have not heard the gentle singing of happy hens. Nothing like the loud squawks.... Ah well....

I know what you mean. My hens stretch out their wings in the sunshine and purr with happiness. When I put them in at night they coo like doves. Intelligent little things, food in one end, eggs out the other!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Happy it's Friday \o/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

madmaggie wrote: »

I know what you mean. My hens stretch out their wings in the sunshine and purr with happiness. When I put them in at night they coo like doves. Intelligent little things, food in one end, eggs out the other!

Yep! Great birds... It all happened so fast and I am still smiling ear to ear at the sweet familiarity of it all...Things that are not planned are the best.. Happy hens, happy me.

Don't worry Grace, that was just an attempt at humour! I actually know all about the sounds of hens as my dad had around ten and a rooster for a few years.

lol.. I know. And you are welcome to the rooster! lol... Having also lived with two peacocks who used to scream at each other....

Still in love here with the hens! Just so happy that they are here... And eggs for dinner today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Happy it's Friday \o/

This and it's a long weekend. Can't wait to not get up on Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

After months of meticulous planning, careful detailing, and plenty of sneaking around, today is the day me and my extended family get to go on holiday to the south of France.... and none of the children know anything about it.

We've a big reveal lined up later on, and I really can't wait to see the look on their face when we tell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Quazzie wrote: »
    After months of meticulous planning, careful detailing, and plenty of sneaking around, today is the day me and my extended family get to go on holiday to the south of France.... and none of the children know anything about it.

We've a big reveal lined up later on, and I really can't wait to see the look on their face when we tell them.

That sounds brilliant! Put a smile on my choppers so it has.

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »

(((HUGS)))

Hope they all got up to date passports ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Graces7 wrote:
    And eggs for dinner today!

There's nowt like your own hens eggs. Those yokes, delicious :)

And another tea and danish this morning! Yummy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TG1 wrote: »
    This and it's a long weekend. Can't wait to not get up on Monday!

Amen *fist bump*
    lol.. I know. And you are welcome to the rooster! lol... Having also lived with two peacocks who used to scream at each other....

Still in love here with the hens! Just so happy that they are here... And eggs for dinner today!

But you love your cats the most right :3?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Pot of coffee is brewing

Amen *fist bump*

But you love your cats the most right :3?

Hmmmmm Actually love has the greatest equality there is! Love is love....

How about this beauty?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVD0RH1VQZk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I have a friend coming to visit from Ireland for the weekend. All excited to see her :D

Saw a beautiful ginger cat on the way in this morning :3.

Was walking home and saw tabby cat on the their window sill,well as soon as they saw me they jumped down and came running over and jumped the wall beside me and were walking up and down the wall, they wouldn't let me pet them though and then they jumped off the wall and started rolling over :3, I had to keep moving but it made me TH :3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

I did something absolutely massive and out of my comfort zone and I'm nervous about it but also very excited :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Pot of coffee is brewing
    Milk, two sugars, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Crooning of hens.. the most peaceful of music.

:eek: oh nooo!
    I get a regular yearning for hens but MrM wisely reminds me of all the pragmatic reasons why I shouldn't get them, and now I really want them again !

TH my eyes weren't too bad after the crying as I dug out a tube of betnevate last night. I only have 2 allergies, and both are in my eyes : tears, and some water plankton that lives in rivers or lakes.
    betnevate is brilliant for that.
    Also, I feel stronger today. Thanks for the hugs !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Went to Cork for the day with the OH yesterday, and then decided to stay overnight. TH that I'm able to make spur of the moment decisions like that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Cool drinks in the sun with deadly people.

:eek: oh nooo!
    I get a regular yearning for hens but MrM wisely reminds me of all the pragmatic reasons why I shouldn't get them, and now I really want them again !

TH my eyes weren't too bad after the crying as I dug out a tube of betnevate last night. I only have 2 allergies, and both are in my eyes : tears, and some water plankton that lives in rivers or lakes.
    betnevate is brilliant for that.
    Also, I feel stronger today. Thanks for the hugs !

I had so many critters before I came to Ireland and my family put their foot ( or feet!) down .. I smuggled Jacob in a few years back but as I lost my two ferals that evened out... But it was a firm NO to hens....NO NO NO. lol..Thin end of wedge time! So I just put it out of my mind.

But when they heard the situation..... there was no hesitation and my allowed limits were .. adjusted! As a family we are deeply into rescue work.

Hugs are happy ... been a long time since I had a "real " one but there we are..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Many many things making me happy right now!

1) I'm home from work
    2) I have tea
    3) my internet is fixed so I have Netflix again
    4) bake off is on Netflix
    5) I have donuts to eat while watching bake off

And last but definitely not least....

6) I think I'll get to see my niece this weekend, she's 2.5 and the most hilarious little person on the planet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Not sure about making me happy, but this certainly cheers me up and puts a smile on my face ~ pressing the green smilie button exiting Lidl's :D

Seeing an elderly couple stroll arm in arm together. I'm always reminded of it when I listen to Liam Clancy singing 'The Dutchman' (Youtube it, its worth it).

Hearing Rolf Harris sing 'Two Little Boys' (yes I know the jokes, har har).. It reminds me of my mother going around the house singing when I was a child, seems she was always singing.

Finally, forgiveness. I'm only learning the power of it in the last twelve months, and it makes me very happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

New drone! :D

Not sure about making me happy, but this certainly cheers me up and puts a smile on my face ~ pressing the green smilie button exiting Lidl's :D

Seeing an elderly couple stroll arm in arm together. I'm always reminded of it when I listen to Liam Clancy singing 'The Dutchman' (Youtube it, its worth it).

Hearing Rolf Harris sing 'Two Little Boys' (yes I know the jokes, har har).. It reminds me of my mother going around the house singing when I was a child, seems she was always singing.

Finally, forgiveness. I'm only learning the power of it in the last twelve months, and it makes me very happy.

Love it and the last para; thank you for a timely reminder..

• Advertisement

Ordered Supermacs for delivery!
    Get in my belly! (In 30 mins!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement