Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Flying.

I was thinking yesterday how amazing it is that we don't find it amazing. I just popped over to Edinburgh for the weekend and it's not astonishing. I mean, think of the plane itself. Think of the amount of engineering, development and supply chain that goes into each and every of the hundreds of thousands of components... ...but it's nothing special - it's just a regular plane. The journey itself wasn't exciting either. These days it's no more exciting than getting on a bus. I was mostly hoping to get a little bit of sleep on board. And we've been flying for over a hundred years now, but think what that journey would have been like if we couldn't. And it's not like I had a dire need to go to Edinburgh, or it was my lifelong dream to visit - it was pretty much a whim.

Amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Had a nice walk in the nearest town this morning and was enchanted by all the daffodils in bloom. Came home and wandered around the garden, where the first daffs are open among a drift of snowdrops. I love to see life coming back to the garden at this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

A day off from work

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭Poochie05

A bright, dry, sunny day

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

such a lovely fine day and early to bed early to rise is a happy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I got up and went out today for an appointment. Now I'm back home and wrapped up in a blanket in front of the fire after having a lovely toastie. Feeling content :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Just had my dinner of lasagne, mixed veg and potato.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭4Ad

I managed a 10mile run with no knee pain !
    Daffodils in bloom always make me smile...

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Dinner finished kitchen cleaned after and have the kids homework all done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Home early

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Changing the timer on a couple of lamps to come on later :)

Watching the last episode of Les Miserables this evening that I taped last night. It was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Made the most divine pot of spag bol for dinner and ate a huge bowl of it lavished with parmesan while wrapped in a blanket re-watching the Crown on Netflix 😌 Comfort Mondays are key!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Getting stuck in a great book :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You can't say that and not tell us what it is!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

New Home wrote: »
    You can't say that and not tell us what it is!! :)

Steve Cavanagh : Twisted. I found him by accident and read his book Thirteen and I'm now a fan :) If you like crime/thriller I recommend him.

tesco! My cell phones are from there, and one is not charging any more. I cannot get there as no car now. so as i have done before I sent it to customer service at the branch I used most, ordered a new one same model ( 0n offer E25 and on pay as you go)and asked them to transfer my bits to the new one .. all came back by post y'day. Kind folk always there. Happy!

Autosport wrote: »
    Steve Cavanagh : Twisted. I found him by accident and read his book Thirteen and I'm now a fan :) If you like crime/thriller I recommend him.

sounds good! Rereading, "Rogue Lawyer" for the umpteeth time,, John Grisham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

But for 24 years I've been living next door to Alice.... You're welcome :D

*runs away*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

But for 24 years I've been living next door to Alice.... You're welcome :D

*runs away*

*Releases the hounds*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Neighbors cat in our garden :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Kitty6277 wrote: »

That's a puma :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

A beauty :3

RMAOK wrote: »
    That's a puma :eek:

He’s a fine size alright!
    A beauty :3

He was gorgeous, came right up to the French door, but then when he saw me move, he ran off :(

One of my new rescue cats raced after me down the lane early today when she realised I was not in the dwelling. She is tiny, shiny black, long fine tail and runs at such a speed! An honour she does me

He’s a fine size alright!

He was gorgeous, came right up to the French door, but then when he saw me move, he ran off :(

Now you know how I feel on a daily basis :3 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭BAM! uhavechlamydia

TH as a guy who has me blocked as soon as he sees me..and has posted on feedback re my habit of reinventing myself has just replied to a post of mine....
    Gotcha!!! He's been Chlamydiad :D

Sent in an article to be published in the college newspaper. I got an email back saying that they’ll try to have it published tomorrow :)

Helping my mother by getting something for her from a tall shelf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

TH got a delivery of coal and briquettes this evening, I already have two years worth of timber stored so sorted now for the rest of the stove-lighting season

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement