Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭its_steve116

The fact that I wasn't caught in rain again today. Well where I've been it hasn't rained.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Since last September I've bought numerous books , but just couldn't "get " back into reading . Today I did , a few chapters , tis definitely the little things :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

After weeks of seriously struggling with insomnia and taking sleeping tablets etc to deal with it, one day at home in the parents, safe in the knowledge that I don't have to go to work until Monday and I just woke up after a good 10 hours solid sleep.

Not trivial really, I needed that more than anything. But it's amazing how at 33 my mam and dad still give me that extra little bit of security it takes to relax enough to sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

TG1 wrote: »
    After weeks of seriously struggling with insomnia and taking sleeping tablets etc to deal with it, one day at home in the parents, safe in the knowledge that I don't have to go to work until Monday and I just woke up after a good 10 hours solid sleep.

Not trivial really, I needed that more than anything. But it's amazing how at 33 my mam and dad still give me that extra little bit of security it takes to relax enough to sleep.

That's a massive relief. My parents divorced years ago and I've had no stable address for years. Sleep needless to say eludes me, or at least restful sleep. I'm really glad that you are feeling all the better for it. Makes the world of difference.

Deleted my FB account. Permanently. Worn out and wanted to do it for a while so happy out I've that done now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This pic

for-antarctica-memes-13367074.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

northgirl wrote: »
    Deleted my FB account. Permanently.
    It's with the angles now!!:D

My auntie and uncle are coming to stay and they're bringing me Toblerones.

Toblerones! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Deleted my FB account. Permanently. Worn out and wanted to do it for a while so happy out I've that done now.
    Did you make a big post about it first though? Because it doesn't count unless you flounce outta there :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

There might be snow in about ten days. It’s a big ‘might’ but enough to get me excited.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

There might be snow in about ten days. It’s a big ‘might’ but enough to get me excited.

I love snow! Fingers crossed.

A perfect sausage sandwich, it really is the little things mamof4 :)

Succubus_ wrote: »
    I love snow! Fingers crossed.

A perfect sausage sandwich, it really is the little things mamof4 :)

Sausages are the best !!
    And yep , if we can find happiness and a reason to smile at least once a day , from the perfect sandwich , or a flower blooming or anything that may seem trivial to others , then we're doing well appreciating the little things :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Sausages are the best !!

Mustn't....say.....anything :D

I'm glad you got back into your reading, I love to read but go through similar phases and it drives me mad because there's nothing better than getting lost in a good book :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Don't be getting me excited. I love snow :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Sausages are the best !!

*sniggers*

:-D

Succubus_ wrote: »
    Mustn't....say.....anything :D

I'm glad you got back into your reading, I love to read but go through similar phases and it drives me mad because there's nothing better than getting lost in a good book :)

Knew you and Seph would be gutter minded :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

*sniggers*

:-D

The childish nature of the humour here is a TH for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    The childish nature of the humour here is a TH for me.

Me too. Sephs snigger had me laughing away here, which I had nearly forgotten how to do recently! Hope all of ye never change! :)

If I can put a smile on yer faces more the Th for me :3

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I like Superquinn sausages that are owned by Super Valu that I buy in Centra.

Am I doing this right?

The bold face on them :3

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I like Superquinn sausages that are owned by Super Valu that I buy in Centra.

Am I doing this right?

Yes, you've Dunne that right.

The bold face on them :3

He's a pup...

Erm... :pac:

New Home wrote: »
    Yes, you've Dunne that right.

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭thomil

:pac::pac:

Can't you be a Lidl bit more supportive? :D

I'll see myself out...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

thomil wrote: »
    Can't you be a Lidl bit more supportive? :D

I'll see myself out...

giphy.gif

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Rang work and got my job back :) although I’ll be less happy about that when I actually have to go into work :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Excuuuuse meeee, Seph! ALDIcide it that's funny!

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    Excuuuuse meeee, Seph! ALDIcide it that's funny!

81geHae.gif

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement