Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Die Hard is on.

Fcuk yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Such a beautiful morning. Sun shining, all the Autumnal colours beaming freshly after the deluge of rain yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

SirChenjin wrote: »
    Such a beautiful morning. Sun shining, all the Autumnal colours beaming freshly after the deluge of rain yesterday.

bursts into song.. all together now... "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOh what a beautiful moooooooooorning..."

The cloud scapes very early were breathtaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

SirChenjin wrote: »

Absolutely. I thought the wind and rain might destroy the autumn landscape but it is breath-taking today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Getting to wake up next to my wife this morning and listening to her snores last night as I was reading. The comfort of having her there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A TH of a complex kind that not everyone will get.
    The backstory includes mum with dementia, leaving home, unexpected pregnancies, tipsy nights on the town.

After many many years of being apart, my baby blue, turquoise, and pink argyle socks have been reunited with their other halves, they are now pairs again. ;);););)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Bredabe wrote: »
    A TH of a complex kind that not everyone will get.
    The backstory includes mum with dementia, leaving home, unexpected pregnancies, tipsy nights on the town.

After many many years of being apart, my baby blue, turquoise, and pink argyle socks have been reunited with their other halves, they are now pairs again. ;);););)

In days past I used to gather all the stray socks, sit on the bench by the door with the peacock perched companionably on the arm, and hold
    a Sock Wedding so I understand totally . A great feeling

Phone; "Can we come to your house?"

I love when the grandchildren pop in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Another small bit of unpacking done today but more relaxing than work which is not my normal MO and very much needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Going to Mass on Sunday

• Advertisement

Last small handful of sweet raw peas from a sheltered corner. .... one of life's great joys

Beautiful evenings like this. To be able to take a walk after dinner in mid October, with bright sunshine and the sharp inspiring colours of the countryside.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Beautiful sight of the deer in the Phoenix Park gathering for the rut . What a privilege on a sunny October Sunday

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th having fun with my small cousins , yesterday at lunch I Having a fun argument with my seven year old cousin , he was trying to convince me that marvel comics rule all and I was having none of it and was saying dc comics rule all :D.

Then My other small cousins were coloring in pictures and I went down to them and said "please can I join in with the cool kids?" And they all started laughing and said ok, so I started coloring in and was asking them what they thought of my coloring and they were laughing at it :eek: and then I was saying "what are he laughing at" and was pretending to be odd with and was cross my arms and pouting and that only made them laugh harder :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Got a job interview :)

Found £5 on the street on my way to uni :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Found £5 on the street on my way to uni :D

*checks wallet*

Oh look at that I just happen to be missing a fiver :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,178 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

*checks wallet*

Oh look at that I just happen to be missing a fiver :pac:.

I'm sure if you reply with the serial number of the note you lost that Kitty would check the one she found.

I'm sure if you reply with the serial number of the note you lost that Kitty would check the one she found.

Exactly :p

was out with the dog and a bird came to the bush nearest me and sang in my ear.. then the curlew started calling.... clear skies and calm waters... the winter veg seeds I put in are up... land cress and hungry gap kale.... green shoots..

all a promise and the sh eer beauty lifts the soul

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Got to sleep in my own bed last night after a few nights sleeping all over the place.
    I love my bed.

Today I set out the garden chair I reluctantly took in before all the bad weather.. It has become a symbol... and in a sheltered corner often can sit out a while, dog at my feet, cats playfighting...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I saw an old lady (deffo in her 70s) whizzing on a scooter today!
    A proper push scooter! She was bombing along and looked happy out!
    Put such a smile on my face!

whiskeyman wrote: »

You go lady! I yearn for a three wheeler bike... not enough balance for 2 wheels any more but oh my ! A trike would be ace....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

whiskeyman wrote: »

Young at heart.!

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Exactly :p

Hmmm, I'll let ya away with it this time :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Tomas, the 4 month old honey coloured cocker I met in the park this morning. Coat like silk. Face of an angel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

northgirl wrote: »
    Tomas, the 4 month old honey coloured cocker I met in the park this morning. Coat like silk. Face of an angel :)

Tomas, the guy in the garage who charged me half what I thought my car would cost to fix :pac:

Actually had a fairly productive day. Got my readings done for uni tomorrow, and wrote out my flashcards for my presentation on Wednesday. Also did the shopping and washed both pairs of my sneakers as they were filthy. All I have left to do tonight is have a shower :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

not trivial but people being there for you in difficult times :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement