Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show - 23rd. March 2018

Options

Comments

Allinall wrote: »
    Have a bit of respect ffs

When something this devastating happens to you, everything goes into slow motion and you remember every blessed detail

• Registered Users Posts: 20,816 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Was I asleep for 1 guest or a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If I go under an operation I will have to write up notes on how I am in the previous world just incase I come out of it completely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Thought he said the focus would be on positivity?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Skid X wrote: »
    We should have taken guesses on what her illness would be

Well done anyone who guessed "eye tumour while heavily pregnant"

Quite apt the specsavers ad before this all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Very scary to think that someone can be walking around healthy with no symptoms (until a blurry eye starts giving trouble) and have a brain tumour

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Fair play to her

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I went to school with this girl - can’t believe this happened to her, she’s been through an awful lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Poor girl. Fair play to her, she has a good attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You sometimes feel your life is gone to sh1t with basic day to day complaints and in reality you are having a great time compared to others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Ah gorgeous baby.

They are a lovely family

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

I worked as a dispenser in Specsavers a few years ago and we would have regularly had to phone ambulances or call family to bring people straight to AandE due to what was spotted by opticians. It’s amazing what can be seen behind the eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Tubs is such a light weight.

Beaumont has a brain research unit, with the hope of solving future neurological issues. They always welcome Brain Donors, and yer family has much less funeral expenses. I’m on the register, so when I pop my clogs they can inspect the vacuum within and learn something from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

If I go under an operation I will have to write up notes on how I am in the previous world just incase I come out of it completely different.

I've heard some speak a different language too :eek:
    Very scary to think that someone can be walking around healthy with no symptoms (until a blurry eye starts giving trouble) and have a brain tumour

I've often heard that Opticians are the window to your souls, as they can see better than doctors :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭Allinall

When something this devastating happens to you, everything goes into slow motion and you remember every blessed detail

I agree 100%.

I think the poster I quoted was taking the piss . Which is completely out of order.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Interesting interview this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,591 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I freaked myself out a while back.

One day i had contacts in. In the evening i went to take them out, but I couldn't get the one in my left eye out. It seemed like it wasn't there.

Do you think:

A: it fell out during the day, or

B: it had gone in behind my eye, and I couldn't get it out?

If you thought B, and also that the best course of action was to do nothing about it apart from freak yourself out about what damage it was doing to the bit that connects your eye to your brain, congratualtions, you're an imbecile like me.

Eventually I went to Specsavers, told them I needed an eye test for lenses, and hoped they'd have some way of dissolving it or something.

In the examination room, I took a deep breath and explained my enormous anxiety, hoping for at least some sympathy. Instead, I got a look that said "You're are an imbecile, I don't know whether to laugh at you or slap you upside the head." Apparently, if that happens your eye goes all sticky the next day, and you know all about it.

In the end, I just got new lenses, and happily I brought laughter and joy to my family every few weeks when someone decides to bring it up. Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

Beaumont has a brain research unit, with the hope of solving future neurological issues. They always welcome Brain Donors, and yer family has much less funeral expenses. I’m on the register, so when I pop my clogs they can inspect the vacuum within and learn something from it.

Great to know. Thanks for that

lubie76 wrote: »
    I worked as a dispenser in Specsavers a few years ago and we would have regularly had to phone ambulances or call family to bring people straight to AandE due to what was spotted by opticians. It’s amazing what can be seen behind the eye.

My old next door neighbour’s life was saved by optician, he spotted the man was about to have a stroke. He got to Hospital and had surgery just in time to prevent it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,814 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

666fde1509d6ba2b23fc4e5eae0d4a4d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 72,168 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

NOT CARK!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Where would you buy a suit like that? There's often evenings I feel like putting on a setup like that.

Love it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

• Registered Users Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Not entirely sure if that was an interesting or appropriate interview for a prime time chat show. It was basically "How I became seriously ill in the last year".

It was more like something you'd hear as a magazine feature on morning radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I freaked myself out a while back.

One day i had contacts in. In the evening i went to take them out, but I couldn't get the one in my left eye out. It seemed like it wasn't there.

Do you think:

A: it fell out during the day, or

B: it had gone in behind my eye, and I couldn't get it out?

If you thought B, and also that the best course of action was to do nothing about it apart from freak yourself out about what damage it was doing to the bit that connects your eye to your brain, congratualtions, you're an imbecile like me.

Eventually I went to Specsavers, told them I needed an eye test for lenses, and hoped they'd have some way of dissolving it or something.

In the examination room, I took a deep breath and explained my enormous anxiety, hoping for at least some sympathy. Instead, I got a look that said "You're are an imbecile, I don't know whether to laugh at you or slap you upside the head." Apparently, if that happens your eye goes all sticky the next day, and you know all about it.

In the end, I just got new lenses, and happily I brought laughter and joy to my family every few weeks when someone decides to bring it up. Again.

:pac:

Ah you were so brave to go through that ordeal, Donie.

I would love it if you went on the LLS to help other sufferers of lost lense trauma.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Had to switch, couldn't bare anymore, top of the pops 85 on BBC4

I went under a general anaesthetic this morning for leg operation, woke up very much myself! Modern anaesthetic are like magic, you wake up sharp and crisp and feeling very clear headed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Eewww that ad fir the hotel in Belfast was rank :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,168 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Love this song (I’m not even joking)! :D

Do you believe, boardsies?

Advertisement