Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show - 23rd. March 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Pandora!

Julian has a wonderful outlook and attitude and so much positivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Sure he predicted the explosion of social media, thought he would be worth more by his own metric.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Adblocker killed the clickbait site. Adblocker killed the clickbait site. la la la de dah.

Now that I have that song in my head, I feel duty bound to post it....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I must be old fashioned for a 26 year old, only news I read is the weekly County Derry Post newspaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,957 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

How in the jaysus does the site make enough money to provide wages for 110 people in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭applehunter

Joe.ie = abortion

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I don't get it, dude. What do you mean?

Always liked him

He was in a spoof boyband reality show called 'Boyz Unlimited' on Channel 4 co-written by Richard Osman in 1999 which was great.

I followed his career after that.

I think he's very entertaining and I'm delighted he made it big in America.

M

Dinny should buy it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,156 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Give us a decent fooking chat show, Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

This lad sounds like a bit of a chancer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,811 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I don't get all the hate for Joe.ie. I say fair play to him he seen a market and set up the website for it. We should be proud that it's an Irish idea and website and not hating it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

This guy seems very ordinary. A regular egg, rehashing a clickbait template for people willing to indulge in it. Daily mail stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Dont forget to shout, go Boardsies, during an interview for full effect ;)

Ask him, "How's the leg?". Oh, wait. That's for Liveline callers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I wonder is he a fan of Huey Lewis and The News and the music of Whitney Houston.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,829 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Joe.ie = abortion

?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

How in the jaysus does the site make enough money to provide wages for 110 people in Ireland?

Advertising sponsoring etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

It promises to fascinating he says, fascinatingly rubbish if you ask me, iv'e seen enough of hugh boneville on the norton show to know it's not going to be fascinating on any level.

foxyladyxx wrote: »
    NO :rolleyes:

I don't get this? Do you think that too?

• Registered Users Posts: 72,397 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I must be old fashioned for a 26 year old, only news I read is the weekly County Derry Post newspaper.

News is slower to get here on Holyhead mountain. The messenger boy told me yesterday that Nadine Coyle had to leave SIX because they found out she was underage. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I like that they don't allow comments under articles on Joe.ie. Nothing of any worth has ever been posted in a comments section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Ads? or Maybe they actually don't make any money like loads of sites/apps but are still worth millions or billions

Smorter. That's Smorter!! Bord Gais. Smorter.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,600 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

When that started I heard ads for it saying it was a load of stuff for men...football this, cars and sh*t.

Ideal for the bloke who doesn't want to read about these things on dedicated sites, and thinks it'd be better to have your football news surrounded by sh*t about cars.

Of course, I've never looked at it. The starting point of "this is for blokes" is enough for me to leave it.

M

Joe.ie is gone down, 503 Service Unavailable, he must not have plugged her in to the mains before he left this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,811 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I don't get all the hate for Joe.ie. I say fair play to him. He seen a market and set up the website for it. We should be proud that it's an Irish idea and website and not hating it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,397 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Ryan must be gutted that Ray is interviewing Anthony 'The Mooch' Scaramucci tomorrow night.

*prepares space behind couch*

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

News is slower to get here on Holyhead mountain. The messenger boy told me yesterday that Nadine Coyle had to leave SIX because they found out she was underage. :eek:

I saw Aisling Bea in Edinburgh last year doing a funny routine about that incident.

I don't know if the English and Scottish people in the house knew what she was on about but I enjoyed Aisling's topical comedy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Ah good to see the Irish begrudgery is alive and well!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,829 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

AMKC wrote: »
    I don't get all the hate for Joe.ie. I say fair play to him he seen a market and set up the website for it. We should be proud that it's an Irish idea and website and not hating it.

look he made money.

But you have a right to say that is pure ****e - fake news and a joke.

You have a right to be snooty towards your news sources , your websites and anything you like.

It is low grade , neanderthal , knuckle dragging bull****.

Fair play to him - but you couldn't pay me to look at it - with the billion adds on it.

• Advertisement
    M

Advertising sponsoring etc
    batistuta9 wrote: »
    Ads? or Maybe they actually don't make any money like loads of sites/apps but are still worth millions or billions

Yes but on a basic low cost calculation I am thinking they need to be pulling in at least €60k a week, doesn't seem possible.

Advertisement