Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Level 47 and Level 48 requirements are out - won’t be anyone hitting Lvl 50 before the new year. Personally I’m glad the requirements are getting a lot tougher. I’m still about 30ish million XP shy of the 176 needed for Lvl 50 so it’ll take some time to grind that out aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭long_b

OK - I'm mad confused.
    I had a 'mon in a Gym for about 38 days.
    I was expecting to earn 50 coins per day

Today the pokemon is no longer in the gym and I got about 50 extra coins.

What gives?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

You don't get any daily payoff since about 2 years ago. Now you only get coins once the 'mon returns home, up to a maximum of 50 coins total, per day, across all your gyms.

How have you missed this? Not playing the Gym part?

You don't get any daily payoff since about 2 years ago. Now you only get coins once the 'mon returns home, up to a maximum of 50 coins total, per day, across all your gyms.

How have you missed this? Not playing the Gym part?

How is "50 coins PER DAY" not a "DAILY payoff"?
    No, I don't play gyms much

long_b wrote: »
    How is "50 coins PER DAY" not a "DAILY payoff"?
    No, I don't play gyms much

Sorry, I meant that comment as a per-gym payoff. That 'mon you said was in a gym for 38 days earned, in total, 50 coins when it returned. If you had already earned 50 coins that day from another gym then you would have gotten 0 coins. 50 is the maximum daily earning you can get - across ALL returned 'mons.

If no mons return in a day then you get nothing.

• Advertisement

Sorry, I meant that comment as a per-gym payoff. That 'mon you said was in a gym for 38 days earned, in total, 50 coins when it returned. If you had already earned 50 coins that day from another gym then you would have gotten 0 coins. 50 is the maximum daily earning you can get - across ALL returned 'mons.

If no mons return in a day then you get nothing.

Well... in that case..
    HELP!! I've been ROBBED (by Niantic :(. )

Thanks for the explanation

• Registered Users Posts: 18,092 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

It's a pain if you have a pokemon in more than 24 hours that gets beat you get 50 coins if you have 2 upwards that get beat in the same day you don't get 50 each you get 50 with a message that you have reached the daily limit of coins.

They did look at changing things up a while back but it is still this same system now. I'm looking forward to starting the level 41 tasks soon I'm on 22m so need 4m and the catch 200 in one day should be fun, still need an Uxie so am off now to trounce through the raid pages on Facebook and some new down under friends for later and then try see if any invites pop up this evening.

It's a pain if you have a pokemon in more than 24 hours that gets beat you get 50 coins if you have 2 upwards that get beat in the same day you don't get 50 each you get 50 with a message that you have reached the daily limit of coins.

I had a Pokémon returned me recently with no coins having spent +400 days in the same gym!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

They did look at changing things up a while back but it is still this same system now.
    Be happy as long as they don't as it's a nerfing of gold in practice; you'd get 30 gold a day only from gyms and have to do various tasks (taking anything from 1 to a couple of hours inc. required to potentially do a raid...) to get the other 20 gold.

Damn that would be awful. Just got my 5th Mespirit still no perfect still bo Uxie am looking forward to Kalos region tomorrow

• Advertisement

New Pokestop submissions baffle me sometimes. Had a mural rejected today, reason given, feature is temporary or a seasonal fixture - a painted mural! ffs. I think some people go out of there way to be d**ks when reviewing submissions.

Level +40 is live!

Just got a medal for earning 5 good medals. Level 41 here I come.

Looks like the new levels have started.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Just opened it up there and got a load of new medals :D

2000xp for excellent throws. Candy from a baby...

Loving the new search tips

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Looking forward to new gen 6 Pokémon.

Angron wrote: »
    Looking forward to new gen 6 Pokémon.

Haven’t seen one Froakie all day. Quite a few Fenekin alright, and the odd Chespin

Got one Froakie and one Fenekin no Chespin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Managed to get a Froakie when I used an incense when the weather went rainy here. Pretty underwhelmed by the spawns though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,769 ✭✭✭✭phog

I've caught 2 Chespin (caught before I needed him for the quest), 2 Froakie, 3 Fennekin, only one male Litleo and a few Litleo, Bunnelby & Fletchling

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Caught a Froakie earlier and 4/5 Fenekins at this stage , i had a couple of Chespin shadows earlier but was wasnt in a position to run off to get them , hopefully they will increase the rates , all im getting is 2km eggs too , Maybe taking a few days to find them isnt the worse thing rather than having caught everything day 1 , we are unlikely to see any more released this year , bar maybe 1 or 2 for Christmas event

Got my chespin am in the botanic gardens hunting fenekin now for the research

Botanic gardens is a phanpy nest

How long does this 2,000XP for Excellent throw last then?

Missed out on an Aerodactyl from a grunt.
    Couldn't beat her

She had Aerodactyl Snorlax Dragonite

long_b wrote: »
    Missed out on an Aerodactyl from a grunt.
    Couldn't beat her

She had Aerodactyl Snorlax Dragonite

Some grunt that

Seeing Fennekin everywhere, caught enough to do the evolutions already. Only found two Froakie so far, intentionally rarer because of Greninja? Also stumbled across a Noibat today, well happy with that

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Only have one froakie, just before i got the task!
    I saw a Noibat on the radar a little while ago, went to the stop and he was nowhere to be found :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

DublinCJM wrote: »
    How long does this 2,000XP for Excellent throw last then?

End of the month as far as I know , good time to bank as much as possible for levelling up

Advertisement