Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

God damn it, and I recently added four new Pokémon to my 'Dex. Would've held off evolving and used a Lucky Egg if I knew I needed to start collecting XP again. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Hope the jump from 40 to 41 isn't as big as the jump from 39 to 40!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

I wonder if our excess XP over level 40 will carry over? I know there are tasks to complete too but hopefully...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭josip

I wonder if our excess XP over level 40 will carry over? I know there are tasks to complete too but hopefully...

Be some laugh if they nerfed anything over 20 mill.
    I know a few trainers who would be a tad miffed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Darksoul

I'm guessing it will but for each new level 41,42 etc those tasks have to be completed even if you have more xp left over to technically level up again..seems like catching and evolving will be no problem when you get to level 43 it's gym battling and raids, so it's all about if you previously liked doing raids and gym battling if you haven't then you will be more forced to do these to eventually level up the next stage again.

How many xp do ye guys have roughly since you started?

• Advertisement

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

josip wrote: »
    Be some laugh if they nerfed anything over 20 mill.
    I know a few trainers who would be a tad miffed :)

There'd be a fair few in Limerick who's be pissed as well.
    I imagine it's "new" XP they'll want you to grind rather than counting your current amount but who knows.
    I hit level 40 during the first lockdown, I started at the end of March 2019, but I've paid zero attention to XP since. I'm at almost 31 million XP now.

The raids and platinum medals will kill me off. I don't have gold raid medals at all, i only recently got my gold great league battle, and catch 300 pikachu medals and am very close to the team rocket gold medal. No way I'm purifying a load for that medal though :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

On 125,000,000 XP.

Angron wrote: »
    On 125,000,000 XP.

:O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Did a raid and caught a Virizion yay!

Plan for next few days is to focus in on the other two and add them to the collection. I'll be happy with just one of each.

Side one only one more raid and I get to evolve my yamask and then go back to my usual buddy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Darksoul

Angron wrote: »
    On 125,000,000 XP.

Must have burnt through a few phones I say!

On 72 million and the other 2 accounts are level 40 just barely over the limit.

I'm not even anywhere near close to any of you guys.

I'm slowly creeping up to level 36 hopefully I'll be there soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Rumors of 200 million being the new XP cap for level 50
    There'd be a fair few in Limerick who's be pissed as well.
    I imagine it's "new" XP they'll want you to grind rather than counting your current amount but who knows.

I’ll be shocked if they don’t count your current XP. A lot of players out there with 100s of millions of XP, some have even managed a billion XP. No way Niantic says sorry lads, back to 20 million with ye :)

AMGer wrote: »
    Rumors of 200 million being the new XP cap for level 50

I’ll be shocked if they don’t count your current XP. A lot of players out there with 100s of millions of XP, some have even managed a billion XP. No way Niantic says sorry lads, back to 20 million with ye :)

Thinking more, you're probably right. The XP might be ok, I suspect I'll never manage the raid/ battle tasks I saw mentioned for levels 44-48 or so. The excellent throws and stuff should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Funkyjaw

Please add me im lvl 39 and need to get to get to 40 :) based in Dublin
    4055 5017 7029

Funkyjaw wrote: »
    4055 5017 7029

Sent, if I have a gift I'll send. Won't be opening until tomorrow as I've a spot open for a 12k

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Funkyjaw

I need 3.5m experience by dec 31st! Is it possible im a fairly passive player, whats the best way guys?? I never really used my lucky eggs, I've 15 of the ������

4055 5017 7029

I'll send you a gift now!

I need 3.5m experience by dec 31st! Is it possible im a fairly passive player, whats the best way guys?? I never really used my lucky eggs, I've 15 of the ������

Cant advise if it's possible but...

Lucky eggs are your friend. If you are close to the stage of friendship with another player try co ordinate a lucky egg. And throw it on for raids.

I've been doing a lot of raids lately so I've been going up quickly doing it that way.

Get 60 new friends today and keep the contact details for them.
    If you're lucky, 30 of them will go Ultra before Dec 31st and with Lucky eggs they're worth 100,000 XP each. Also egg the Great friends. Every 10,000 XP counts.

• Advertisement

176 million XP is what’s required to reach level 50

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

By the way, that was me who tried that mega Gengar raid with you last night. I know we just missed it, but I burnt through 12 'mon, and had only a couple of revives and potions to use.

So, when I went back in and there was still only 4 of us, and I didn't have the right 'mon, there was no way we would have got it, and I didn't want to burn another 12 'mon trying.

I'd hoped there might have been another trainer or two which meant I'd have risked it and got the revives and potions at the end.

TL,DR, Sorry. It's a shame you can't chat in-game.

BTW, it kept putting 3 Blissey into my starting line up - I changed them as I didn't think Blissey was any use in raiding? Am I wrong?

Don't raid very often.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

josip wrote: »
    Get 60 new friends today and keep the contact details for them.
    If you're lucky, 30 of them will go Ultra before Dec 31st and with Lucky eggs they're worth 100,000 XP each. Also egg the Great friends. Every 10,000 XP counts.
    The friendship event now on gives 2 days of interaction instead of the normal 1 day so you can get Ultra friends faster. There's also double experience for catching Pokémon and the experience for different actions is going to increase shortly too.

Did a cobalion raid and then he fled :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JohnGonne1

Hi, need to do a few trades to close our some tasks, could someone in Dublin/Kildare add me? 7349 3465 1012, thanks, l35

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well the new level details are out along with XL candy; to say Niantic got greedy and look silly is the understatement of the year...

To hit level 50? 176 million exp.
    Level a pokemon to 50 from 40? 273.000 dust and 29.600 candy (XL candy has a exchange rate of 1 XL candy for 100 normal candy and you need 296 XL candy) for a whopping average of 6% more damage compared to a level 40.

Yea, I'll think it's safe to say I'll be skipping this one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

DublinCJM wrote: »
    By the way, that was me who tried that mega Gengar raid with you last night. I know we just missed it, but I burnt through 12 'mon, and had only a couple of revives and potions to use.

So, when I went back in and there was still only 4 of us, and I didn't have the right 'mon, there was no way we would have got it, and I didn't want to burn another 12 'mon trying.

I'd hoped there might have been another trainer or two which meant I'd have risked it and got the revives and potions at the end.

TL,DR, Sorry. It's a shame you can't chat in-game.

BTW, it kept putting 3 Blissey into my starting line up - I changed them as I didn't think Blissey was any use in raiding? Am I wrong?

Don't raid very often.

Yeah, Blissey is not very good. The game tends to recommend Pokémon that will take less damage moreso than ones that will put out good damage. A frequent culprit of that is Aggron, which is never useful, but shows up in recommended teams a fair bit.

Reviewing submissions on Wayfarer this evening and one was for a memorial plaque. The description that accompanied it read ‘plaque for a young woman who was hit by a bus in 1996’

There's a 'stop near my work that's one of those side of the road memorials. It's been there since the very beginning. I'd imagine there are loads of similar ones already in the game.

Never occurred to me to submit the plaque near my gaff though. Still won't obviously.

• Advertisement

There's a 'stop near my work that's one of those side of the road memorials. It's been there since the very beginning. I'd imagine there are loads of similar ones already in the game.

Never occurred to me to submit the plaque near my gaff though. Still won't obviously.

Yeah, there’s a few around me aswell & I don’t mind that, but that someone would include ‘girl who got hit by a bus’...

Advertisement