Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon slow delivery?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Mikenesson

You wouldn't want to be in a hurry with anything now on free delivery

I've been returning a few bits of electronic stuff Fulfilled by Amazon,I'm not sure why they bother fulfilling electronic junk when so much has to be returned.

I can only assume they know what they're doing as bezos is the world's richest man

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Wheety wrote: »
    I've just been charged for my order so presuming it's dispatching today. Great thing about Revolut, you know exactly when the payment is processed.

So finally received a message saying my items have been dispatched. These were for a few small, in stock items.

Ordered: 13th June
    Charged: 19th June
    Dispatched: 25th June

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Ordered a smart watch on Friday 22nd via amazon.co.uk to be delivered via Parcel Motel. It's from some obscure Chinese seller but Fulfilled by Amazon so thought I'd be OK, and it would be shipped from Amazon in the UK, so a couple of days at most especially as I paid an extra £5.49 for so-called "expedited" delivery and was also given a Royal Mail tracking code.

Anyway, nothing happened at all until Sunday when it appeared in Italy, and now it appears to be taking some meandering route across mainland Europe via France with no indication of where it's going next. Expedited my arse.

Wednesday, 27 June
    4:18 PM
    Shipment departed from Amazon facility
    GIDY, GIDY FR
    1:01 AM
    Shipment arrived at Amazon facility
    GIDY, GIDY FR
    Monday, 25 June
    11:46 PM
    Shipment departed from Amazon facility
    Castel San Giovanni, PIACENZA IT
    3:23 PM
    Shipment arrived at Amazon facility
    Castel San Giovanni, PIACENZA IT
    Sunday, 24 June
    Parcel has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

My last delivery was 2 days earlier than their delivery window mentioned.
    But it wasnt that long ago that whatever i ordered on Sunday, was delivered on Wednesday.
    It is nowhere near that quick anymore.

Last year i had once 2 orders on the same day: Books that had to come from the USA and needed to be delivered at family in The Netherlands and some stuff for myself from the UK to Ireland.

Guess what was delivered first.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Ordered an item Friday morning (seller: amazon.co.uk), delivered by an post on Tuesday lunchtime.

Free super saver delivery, no prime, two working days ain't too shabby.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Waited 6 weeks for a hose pipe to be delivered recently. In fact I ordered two and only one was delivered still waiting for the second 8 weeks now. Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

Edit> Its great to complain here because when I do the stuff I've complained about usually turns up :) second hose pipe arrived this afternoon.

But still waiting for a toolbox that is "Out for Delivery" for the third day in Germany somewhere - lets hope that gets it here tomorrow.

Ordered 4 items last nite ,3 dispatched already amazingly

They gave me a free month prime and it's some sort of expedited free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭ongarite

Ordered 2 items on Monday, sold & fulfilled by Amazon, still awaiting dispatch.
    Card charged for items on Wednesday.

I placed 3 orders recently, one on the 16th, another on the 17th and the third on the 22nd June.
    All in stock.
    The order placed on the 22nd delivered yesterday the 27th.
    It took over a week each to dispatch the first two orders and am sill waiting on delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Can I be next for a moan please? :)

I swore for a while that Amazon had shares in UPS (ParcelMotel)...

Twice I ordered 8 or 9 items for delivery via ParcelMotel and selected the "group items" option and free UK shipping. Both times the order was split into three and I paid 12 EUR for delivery with ParcelMotel...
    This time I ordered 8 items, selected the cheapest international shipping to my home address, and the order shipped as one unit.

'splain that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

Last order took two days with Prime to my Parcel Motel. Well worth the 3.95 delivery, and very well worth it for not involving An Post in the delivery process!

I just sign up for new Amazon account & Prime whenever I need something quick, cancel the prime straight away so it doesn't auto renew and get one day delivery to Parcel Motel in NI. Takes another day for Parcel Motel to have it in my locker.

Well my parcel that apparently left Gidy in central France at 4.18pm on Wednesday still hasn't arrived anywhere yet, that's nearly 2 days. Are they using camels for transporting stuff now or what?

So here's a new one, well about the third time its happened to me recently.

I order two of the same item. Then when I check the tracking about 24 hours later oh joy of joy I see ONE has been dispatched but not the other?

I can only assume that other is in another country?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

2-day priority shipping is now available with Amazon Prime to Ireland!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=GK6S4CC8545EBQSV

"Unlimited Priority (Two-Day) Delivery to the Republic of Ireland (ROI). Threshold free on eligible items, at no extra cost. If items are not eligible for Priority Delivery, they’ll be delivered to the ROI via Standard (3-4 days) or Economy (3-5 days) Delivery at no extra cost."

kmurph wrote: »
    2-day priority shipping is now available with Amazon Prime to Ireland!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=GK6S4CC8545EBQSV

"Unlimited Priority (Two-Day) Delivery to the Republic of Ireland (ROI). Threshold free on eligible items, at no extra cost. If items are not eligible for Priority Delivery, they’ll be delivered to the ROI via Standard (3-4 days) or Economy (3-5 days) Delivery at no extra cost."

I got that with my last order,I've a months free prime

Is that why they're slowing down the free delivery ,to get customers onto prime?

Mikenesson wrote: »
    I got that with my last order,I've a months free prime

Is that why they're slowing down the free delivery ,to get customers onto prime?

They are never going to admit that but it really does look that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Most of my deliveries I got shipped over with AddressPal, I haven't had any issues with dispatch but I was using Prime at the time. My next order will be free shipping without Prime though so I'll be interested to see how that goes.

Are you sure the items are in stock? I ordered a Huawei P20 for €550 from a 3rd party but fulfilled by Amazon. Wasn't dispatched for a week and I had to log into the desktop website and click on the list of sellers to see "Pre-order, stock due X" beside his name. My order status said nothing about it, ended up cancelling it and having to wait for my money back.
    Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

In the UK it's about €9.50 a month. Decent service for free next day delivery if you use it along with Prime Video. (Provided Prime Video is set to default UK and not Ireland which I accidentally clicked and ended up with nothing worth watching).

my3cents wrote: »
    They are never going to admit that but it really does look that way.

It's weird how my free deliveries have been slow for ages now

The put me onto prime for a free month and now I'm gettting priority delivery

Certainly looks that way

Alun wrote: »
    Well my parcel that apparently left Gidy in central France at 4.18pm on Wednesday still hasn't arrived anywhere yet, that's nearly 2 days. Are they using camels for transporting stuff now or what?
    Well eventually late on Friday afternoon it popped up in a Royal Mail facility in Bristol UK, was delivered to PM in NI at 6.10am the next day and I had it in my sticky hands by 8.30pm. The last section of it's journey where it had nothing to do with Amazon was by far the most efficient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭spankalish

Pfft your all having a laugh, Ive been waiting on an order since the 2nd of June. It is now the 20th of August.

Today I tried to cancel the order, but was told that it has entered the final stage of dispatch, so can not be cancelled. The order is €850 so it's not cheap.

The delivery date has changed 6 times now. I have complained, been sent around it circles, saying that it will be delivered on the given date to 100% certainty, that's over a month and a half ago. I have asked to talk to their supervisor who treats you exactly the same.

When did Amazon get so ****?

Signed up for Prime to get a tablet on Prime day and got two day delivery. The five orders since have all been two day delivery. Might keep paying for Prime?

Edit> The obvious take is that Prime users get priority and everyone else has to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Ordered a Raspberry Pi 3 on 6th Sept, sold by Amazon. Still not dispatched. Says Arriving 21st September. Ordered a TV in June, it took nearly 3 weeks.
    They are really taking the p!ss with the free delivery times lately. I don't order enough to justify the cost of Prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ArrBee

One thing I noticed is that when I order something, and then cancel the order but reorder it again, it will dispatch VERY quickly.
    Almost like they dont want to give you time to cancel again. lol

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

kc66 wrote: »
    Ordered a Raspberry Pi 3 on 6th October, sold by Amazon. Still not dispatched. Says Arriving 21st September. Ordered a TV in June, it took nearly 3 weeks.
    They are really taking the p!ss with the free delivery times lately. I don't order enough to justify the cost of Prime.

I'm not finding prime much better. I'm not renewing. Their lead times are shambolic. I ordered a Samsung Monitor, it said 1-2 months, then end of September/start of October and I get it 5 days later.......:confused:

pre-ordered NBA PS4 game for my son, and it wasn't going to ship until at least 4 days after the release. Smyths was delivered next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭hopeso

I've complained about slow delivery on this thread, but I must say that the last couple of orders I placed were dispatched and delivered in good time. Free delivery, and not using prime....

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

spankalish wrote: »
    Today I tried to cancel the order, but was told that it has entered the final stage of dispatch, so can not be cancelled. The order is €850 so it's not cheap.
    I once waited half a year for a product to be shipped to me. Asked Amazon to cancel and they gave me the same reply as they gave you, but I insisted on cancelling. It took them some 3-4 weeks to cancel and they sent me several status updates on the cancellation process in the meantime (It would seem they needed Bezos to approve it).
    Now, while the product allegedly was in "the final stage of dispatch" several months have passed since and the product is still unavailable on its Amazon page. Go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

kc66 wrote: »
    Ordered a Raspberry Pi 3 on 6th October, sold by Amazon. Still not dispatched. Says Arriving 21st September.

Was that October last year??:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭JimPa

Desperately slow. I'm shopping around a lot more these days. Shipping time plays a big factor. My Amazon orders are few and far between.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

JimPa wrote: »
    Desperately slow. I'm shopping around a lot more these days. Shipping time plays a big factor. My Amazon orders are few and far between.

Yes I will also consider any alternatives before Amazon in future. 2 weeks is not good enough.

Advertisement