Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon slow delivery?

Options
  • 13-03-2018 8:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Unbelievably slow dispatching the last while

Is there a problem at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Sparko

I've noticed this myself. Ive had two recent orders, first was ordered 4th March and dispatched 10th March, arrived this afternoon. Second was ordered 7th March and has yet to dispatch.

Maybe orders with free shipping are being put on the long finger slightly to encourage people to move to paid delivery or prime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭muckbrien

Sparko wrote: »
    I've noticed this myself. Ive had two recent orders, first was ordered 4th March and dispatched 10th March, arrived this afternoon. Second was ordered 7th March and has yet to dispatch.

Maybe orders with free shipping are being put on the long finger slightly to encourage people to move to paid delivery or prime.

Must be
    I get everything free shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

Looks like Amazon free 2 days guaranteed delivery for prime users in Ireland could be coming soon, here is why:

In the past, when selecting Priority delivery to Ireland, Amazon uses UPS for the delivery and charges a lot for it.

I tried priority delivery for an order yesterday and I was charged 7.20GBP for it. It was dispatched this morning by Amazon and due to be delivered tomorrow by Anpost.

Amazon became very slow in dispatching order with free delivery, but as soon as it's dispatched using Anpost, they reach us in 2 business days.

I really hope that Amazon will bring 2 days free delivery to Ireland for Prime members, as I don't see a reason why since everything appear to be in place and would only require Amazon to dispatch the order quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭VG31

Amouar wrote: »
    Looks like Amazon free 2 days guaranteed delivery for prime users in Ireland could be coming soon, here is why:

In the past, when selecting Priority delivery to Ireland, Amazon uses UPS for the delivery and charges a lot for it.

I tried priority delivery for an order yesterday and I was charged 7.20GBP for it. It was dispatched this morning by Amazon and due to be delivered tomorrow by Anpost.

They have been using An Post for two day delivery for a number of years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

VG31 wrote: »
    They have been using An Post for two day delivery for a number of years now.

Yes, but not for priority delivery (quick dispatch) as it was always UPS.

For free deliveries, An post delivers in 2 days but the order reaches us in a week or so as amazon are slow to dispatch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

They seem to be leaving deliveries to be picked late, and then making the delivery on time, or sooner, via An Post. They seem to deliberately tying them into An Post schedules, which isn’t a bad thing at the moment.

9 days waiting for 4 small items to be dispatched

All in stock fulfilled by Amazon

They must be trying trying to lose customers

4 small items in stock ,fulfilled by Amazon,10 days waiting for dispatch

They've guaranteed dispatch now within 24 hrs

Amazon has got progressively slower with dispatch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭hopeso

I thought it was only me..... I ordered an item, probably in November last, that was to be a Christmas gift. Two weeks later, it still hadn't been dispatched despite being listed as 'in stock'. So, I cancelled the order, and reordered the item from another seller on amazon's page. Same price, free delivery, and I had it in two days.......

hopeso wrote: »
    I thought it was only me..... I ordered an item, probably in November last, that was to be a Christmas gift. Two weeks later, it still hadn't been dispatched despite being listed as 'in stock'. So, I cancelled the order, and reordered the item from another seller on amazon's page. Same price, free delivery, and I had it in two days.......
    How did you get it free delivery from another seller?

Did you use a forwarding service?

• Advertisement

muckbrien wrote: »

No, the seller offered free delivery. A lot of them do. Previously, I never bothered to check the list of sellers, and just automatically ordered from amazon. I will certainly check the other sellers in future, after that experience.....

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They must be trying trying to lose customers

4 small items in stock ,fulfilled by Amazon,10 days waiting for dispatch

They've guaranteed dispatch now within 24 hrs

Amazon has got progressively slower with dispatch

Problem is you don't know WHERE they are in stock. If 1's Bristol, 2 are Fife and 1 is NL then you've to wait for consolidation in Athlone before you get the actual dispatch.

hopeso wrote: »
    No, the seller offered free delivery. A lot of them do. Previously, I never bothered to check the list of sellers, and just automatically ordered from amazon. I will certainly check the other sellers in future, after that experience.....

Apologies for my first answer...... I have just discovered that I did infact use Parcel Motel for that delivery. The seller offered free delivery to the UK. So, the item ended up costing me €4 more, but at least I got it when I needed it.....

ED E wrote: »
    Problem is you don't know WHERE they are in stock. If 1's Bristol, 2 are Fife and 1 is NL then you've to wait for consolidation in Athlone before you get the actual dispatch.

Sounds more like amazons problem than mine
    to be fair

Too long waiting for dispatch

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Waiting for up to two weeks for a free delivery parcel to be dispatched by amazon is nothing new. A vast majority of mine get dispatched on Sundays, BTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I'm amazed really, if I order with Prime and drop to NI (Parcel Motel) it's there within two days at the motel.

If I drop to my address it takes about two weeks still using prime.

WTF are they doing?

Ireland is treated like second rate by the like of Amazon etc.. Google have the HQ for the EU here and you can't even by there products in Ireland, like there phones, yet go 100/200km up there road to the UK and you can. To me that is fúcking insulting.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

TallGlass wrote: »
    Ireland is treated like second rate by the like of Amazon etc..

080ae4a6648b77555044f529b4bc097c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Mikenesson

They are Sooo slow now with the free delivery ,up to a week before dispatch

I can only assume they want to get buyers off it?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

TallGlass wrote: »
    I'm amazed really, if I order with Prime and drop to NI (Parcel Motel) it's there within two days at the motel.

If I drop to my address it takes about two weeks still using prime.

WTF are they doing?

Errr, prime doesn't work for Ireland. So if you are getting free delivery to Ireland then it's standard free delivery which has a long delivery window... The same as in the UK

Cabaal wrote: »
    Errr, prime doesn't work for Ireland. So if you are getting free delivery to Ireland then it's standard free delivery which has a long delivery window... The same as in the UK

It's not really the delivery time that's the problem... It's Amazon not dispatching the item. They still hadn't dispatched the last item I bought from them after two weeks, at which point I cancelled the order. God knows when they'd have finally dispatched it.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

8 days and counting,6 days for my other order,still no dispatch

Promised me dispatch within 48 hrs 2 days ago,that deadline has passed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I ordered a battery charger and some batteries last Wednesday, still not dispatched. First time really noticing it being this bad.

Thing is, Prime is no good for Irish users. I had a trial last year and ordered some products, was using Addresspal as I didn't mind paying €3.50 or whatever it was to get delivery in a few days.

Even though I had ticked to group all items into 1 delivery, they split them into 3, to offer me an 'improved customer experience'. So I had to pay the Addresspal fee for all 3 deliveries.

They must be losing money on the £25 deliveries?

I'll continue to use it.

Its deadly when you need a couple of random items delivered together.

I don't think they have any competitor in that regard?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Funnily enough, I've found Amazon seem to be dispatching quicker recently.....

They're getting a bit tricky on the returns

They tried to switch me over to paying for return postage rather than prepaid

I've been retuning more of their electronic tat lately

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Wheety wrote: »
    I ordered a battery charger and some batteries last Wednesday, still not dispatched. First time really noticing it being this bad.

Thing is, Prime is no good for Irish users. I had a trial last year and ordered some products, was using Addresspal as I didn't mind paying €3.50 or whatever it was to get delivery in a few days.

Even though I had ticked to group all items into 1 delivery, they split them into 3, to offer me an 'improved customer experience'. So I had to pay the Addresspal fee for all 3 deliveries.

I've just been charged for my order so presuming it's dispatching today. Great thing about Revolut, you know exactly when the payment is processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,317 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I must be very lucky with the amazon free delivery. For my last order the estimated delivery time for free delivery was actually sooner than paid for delivery. The order arrived on the day estimated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

I had a few items in stock on order, took 13 working days to dispatch, really bad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Recently ordered three items because I wanted one item and added in another two others to get free delivery. Guess what the two I don't need in a hurry have been sent and the item I really wanted is still awaiting dispatch, only 4 days so far but I can remember when anything I ordered was dispatched within 24 hours on average and 48 hours at worst.

Advertisement