Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold: Snow/Ice - Sat 17th March Onward - READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

highdef wrote: »
    That's only light snow... Looks pretty but no good of you want a decent covering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I27au0Jc54

The best kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭highdef

Is it not meant to start Saturday evening / night.

Yes, but any measurable levels of snow are most likely late on Saturday evening or after midnight.....which will be Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

I think we could be seeing a different forecast from Met Èireann tomorrow with some extra advisories.

I think you’re right.

I miss SuCampu ...

NMB wrote: »
    I think you’re right.

Agreed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Yes, but any measurable levels of snow are most likely late on Saturday evening or after midnight.....which will be Sunday.

When loads of people are going to be out.

And I think there should be a nacho libre snow dance. A full on dance. If it doesn’t snow he didn’t do ThE dance heh heh

I don't think it'll be too bad on the main routes on Saturday night. The local authorities should have the main roads in decent shape..... Hopefully. Local roads and housing estates may be slippy underfoot so common sense may be required..... Something lacking these days a lot of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

I miss SuCampu ...

He is still here. Different name is all

I don't think it'll be too bad on the main routes on Saturday night. The local authorities should have the main roads in decent shape..... Hopefully. Local roads and housing estates may be slippy underfoot so common sense may be required..... Something lacking these days a lot of the time.

Planning heading out that day rugby football paddy's day etc etc. No idea what time I'll be heading home at. Don't intend on going right into middle city center but be close enough.

Just don't want to end up getting stuck somewhere no taxi home at some point late that night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Final chart from me for tonight. Arpege 18z - if anything a slight upgrade again for convective snow potential.

arpegeeur-0-51.png?18

Planning heading out that day rugby football paddy's day etc etc. No idea what time I'll be heading home at. Don't intend on going right into middle city center but be close enough.

Just don't want to end up getting stuck somewhere no taxi home at some point late that night.
    I reckon vehicular transport will be ok on Saturday night, perhaps slower than normal away from major roads but nothing to be worried about. More chance of being pissed and slipping on ice or snow in a housing estate.... But that's your own fault and nobody elses.

I reckon vehicular transport will be ok on Saturday night, perhaps slower than normal away from major roads but nothing to be worried about. More chance of being pissed and slipping on ice or snow in a housing estate.... But that's your own fault and nobody elses.

LOL! It's just mad how the forecasts seem to he changing so much over small space of time. Will this keep happening over next day or so?

LOL! It's just mad how the forecasts seem to he changing so much over small space of time. Will this keep happening over next day or so?

Less so from tomorrow as we are nearing the time when the event actually takes place.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭sunsetbeachfan

No idea, care to share where you are flying from on Saturday and where you will be flying to on Tuesday? I could probably give a better indication of I knew these things. Apologies for not knowing the details of your flights.

Leaving Dublin one pm hopefully back Tuesday evening, Portugal. Thanks for responding 😊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I've dinner booked on Sunday evening in ashbourne. Will I be able to drive from D7 or should I buy a nice roast from the butcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

I've suggested on a local nightclubs facebook page that they put their green Disco laser ball out on the outside Balcony and illuminate the night sky with billions of green snow flakes :D

So tomorrow night met.ie will be upgrading advice

• Registered Users Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Pangea wrote: »

Great forecast(not just because he is forecasting snow)from him again. Their forecasts tend to be more accurate and much more detailed than meteogroup

I can't understand the BBC ditching the Met Office.

So tomorrow night met.ie will be upgrading advice
    Is that a statement or a question? Lack of a question mark would suggest that you are stating that Met Eireann will be upgrading the warning tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,537 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

The only nuisance is the the high sinking :p if only it could retrogress to Greenland and stay there we'd get a nice northerly or northeasterly to see out in March. A Northerly, as you know, at time of year can deliver.

I think the Austrian forecaster who said we will see cold spells alternating with milder periods well into April is correct. So more snow is likely, but i think after this weekend we won't see the depth of cold again until next winter. I would love to be wrong about that, though.

I've never really seen March northerlies as potent, in fact quite uneventful for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Mount Vesuvius

Yep in my opinion if no downgrades in the morning charts we are looking at potential 10cm plus of snow for those caught in any constant Irish sea streamers.

Ecm precip charts look fairly healthy and strongest from late Sat night into SUN morning and afternoon.

180315_1200_66.png

180315_1200_72.png

I've dinner booked on Sunday evening in ashbourne. Will I be able to drive from D7 or should I buy a nice roast from the butcher.

How nice of a roast ? Speaking as a woman - you cook you wash up and you clean the dinner table, leave the kitchen spotless ... omg that’s a dream ... but I mean spotless

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

All a game of money I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Great forecast(not just because he is forecasting snow)from him again. Their forecasts tend to be more accurate and much more detailed than meteogroup

Public money, AFAIK it had to go out to tender...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I dunno, these dew points are looking a little marginal

18031718_1518.gif

I dunno, these dew points are looking a little marginal

18031718_1518.gif

They are ... but go back .. all this flip flopping. The signal says cold it says snow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

They are ... but go back .. all this flip flopping. The signal says cold it says snow

It was a joke :p

A fun weekend coming up for any snow lovers in the East I feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Spotted today in Co Meath! Hopefully it'll get a nice top up this weekend. It was 9 degrees at the time, mad how this hasn't melted yet given it started falling here over 2 weeks ago.

6uwpTYQ.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

How nice of a roast ? Speaking as a woman - you cook you wash up and you clean the dinner table, leave the kitchen spotless ... omg that’s a dream ... but I mean spotless

Was thinking of lamb with rosemary and garlic.
    I'm not female :D

Advertisement