Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2018 - Day 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

votecounts wrote: »
    Who got 6th

A Great View

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

I backed Forza Milan in that race.

Quite possibly worst runner ever at cheltenham

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

UDS is a major Lay for me in The Ryanair. I just don't think he will get home on this ground. Currently 1.76 to Lay on BF but I'm hoping some Irish money will force him shorter - would love to Lay him @ 1.70!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

tobsey wrote: »
    RTE Radio One Extra. LW252 or else online.

Excellent, thanks for that. Works prefect.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,872 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Going for
    Cloudy Dream in 2.50 to cause an upset

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭radharc

Frodon for me, based on his Cheltenham ROUT where he gave 17lbs and a 20l hiding to Coo Star Sivola

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

radharc wrote: »
    I really don’t like McCoy’s “how many winners has Chapman ridden” spiel, if that was the case only Tony and a select few jockeys are entitled to an opinion.

Yeah, sure, but then the reason McCoy is there is because of his 4000 odd winners or whatever it was. I dont think he's an issue with Chapman having an opinion, though I am sure he fairly disdains it for the most part, it was the way Chapman delivered it that was off. Sounded like he'd backed the second the way he had a go at Geraghty. Think he was way off myself personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 orchardman

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    I've just rewound the to the photo-finish Pic. that i.t.v. showed ...on that photo glenloe is the horse whose nose hits the line first. They only showed it for barely a second .

It's captioned with "official Photfinish" racetech,  is anyone else here watching on I.t.v. , if so I would recommend using rewind (if you have it). it's ummistakable.
    yes seen it myself and couldnt work out how glenloe wasn't called 1st??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

DYVfkxRW4AEPu4k.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Well didn't expect that

• Advertisement

DYVfkxRW4AEPu4k.jpg

Glenloe clearly second on that.

DYVfkxRW4AEPu4k.jpg

I'll be honest I can't figure out which nose belongs to which horse

jamesbere wrote: »

Being on the far side, Glenloe's head is obviously partially obscured which is why you can tell he's clearly second.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,872 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Lil Rockerfeller 40-1 3.30

Going with this one next ew

2nd here last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Glenloe clearly second on that.

I'm looking again, I think there's a bit of an optical illusion making the nose that is down ( Glenloe) seem like it belongs to Delta Work. I think on closer inspection they called it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Panrich

Surely Deltas neck is higher so his must be the higher nose. It looks like a correct decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

jamesbere wrote: »

The Head on top is no.13 the nose underneath is the horse (Glenloe) on the far side, looks fairly clear to me that it was the right call

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

It catches up on them all unfortunately. A race too far for un De Sceaux

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭deiseman17

oppiuy wrote: »
    Yet no posts before the race. Sure i've had every winner so far in a massive acca. That's paid out and i have an even bigger acca with all the winners so far and the rest of the winners yet to come throughout the meeting. Ill give you an update after each race :)

Il DM you the bets there if you want to see that much? Dont be sour lad ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

I want to have a word with that bollox Brian Hughes!! Some ride by Davy.

UDS would have had me with quadruple the money I started the festival with, back to just up, :mad:

No excuses, Townend had to let him roll and Davy did the same thing Ruby did to him on Petit Mouchoir, was on the wrong end of that tactic twice, damn Russell and HDB :D

• Advertisement

Am staying faithful to Sam Spinner but he's likely going to have to do what no horse has done this week - win from the front. Fehily has been very positive about Harry so that's the danger for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Anyone follow gigginstown blind?

Thought about it but didn't think they could possibly have any more than two winners

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Massimo Tara

Shemale wrote: »
    I want to have a word with that bollox Brian Hughes!! Some ride by Davy.

Can't really blame Hughes there. Cloudy Dream just not good enough. He's a fine place animal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

deiseman17 wrote: »

Don’t be after timing so. Why put up the winner after the race has been ran?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Can't really blame Hughes there. Cloudy Dream just not good enough. He's a fine place animal.

He wasnt blaming Hughes for the ride, it was a tounge in cheek comment re Hughes helping Russel yesterday when he was injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

deiseman17 wrote: »

He's not being sour, nobody here cares about the bets you announce after the horse has won so keep it to yourself next time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Massimo Tara

He wasnt blaming Hughes for the ride, it was a tounge in cheek comment re Hughes helping Russel yesterday when he was injured.[/quote]

Haha Jesus how did I miss that? My apologies shemale

danganabu wrote: »
    The Head on top is no.13 the nose underneath is the horse (Glenloe) on the far side, looks fairly clear to me that it was the right call

Yeah your right, it's definitely delta work. Just looking at it closely

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭deiseman17

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    He's not being sour, nobody here cares about the bets you announce after the horse has won so keep it to yourself next time ;)

Supasundae in the next, Penhill ew, Squateur in the last, is that okay pet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

I was talking about bringing the ice to Davy so he could ride in the last race, I was joking incase anyone jumps in.

Advertisement