Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2018 - Day 3

Options
  • 10-03-2018 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭

Cheltenham 2018 - Day 3
    Day 3 - Thu 13:30… JLT Novices' Chase (Grade 1) Cl1 (5yo+) 2m4f
    Day 3 - Thu 14:10… Pertemps Network Final Handicap Hurdle (Grade 3) Cl1 (5yo+) 3m
    Day 3 - Thu 14:50… Ryanair Chase (Grade 1) Cl1 (5yo+) 2m5f
    Day 3 - Thu 15:30… Sun Bets Stayers' Hurdle (Grade 1) Cl1 (4yo+) 3m
    Day 3 - Thu 16:10… Plate Handicap Chase (Grade 3) Cl1 (5yo+) 2m5f
    Day 3 - Thu 16:50… Trull House Stud Mares' Novices' Hurdle (Grade 2) Cl1 (4yo+) 2m1f
    Day 3 - Thu 17:30… Kim Muir Amateur Riders' Handicap Chase Cl2 (5yo+ 0-145) 3m2f

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Louis vac pouch in the pertemps 9s nrnb PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Ryanair could be savage

UDS Cue Card Douvan Balko des Flos

If they show up of course. ......
    Awful shame connections pulled WP.

Sticking with UDS. Bet Ruby will too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Ryanair could be savage

UDS Cue Card Douvan Balko des Flos

If they show up of course. ......
    Awful shame connections pulled WP.

Sticking with UDS. Bet Ruby will too
    No brainer to stick with UDS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

I posted a similar one in the betting forum,

Just wondering if anyone is open to a crowd source experiment for predicting a race outcome using tools that we use in the tech world.

Thank this post and if I get enough interest, probably need about 20 responses, I'll post a link to a spreadsheet and put up the prediction before the race.

Who goes on UDS with Ruby out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Brainz

Kings socks looks like a good one tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Now that ruby is out , and Uds is odds on, I’m out.

Cue card , let’s go baby

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

Jaysus after another terrible day. Will go again tomorrow however.

Going for a JP EW patent tomorrow.

Modus- You know what I mean Harry- Move with the times.

Have done Supersundae, Tully East, and Glenloe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭munster87

Is there much rain forecast for the course tonight? Any insight on what tomorrow's going will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Did decent enough yesterday today wasn't so great. Got a few singles but Cause of Causes is now on the c**t list. For tomorrow in work I've gone.

13:30 Terrefort
    14:10 Delta Work
    14:50 UDS
    15:30 SupaSundae
    16:10 The Storyteller
    16:50 Maria's Benefit

I'll end up doing a few other bets as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

bren2002 wrote: »
    I posted a similar one in the betting forum,

Just wondering if anyone is open to a crowd source experiment for predicting a race outcome using tools that we use in the tech world.

Thank this post and if I get enough interest, probably need about 20 responses, I'll post a link to a spreadsheet and put up the prediction before the race.

I've shared a spreadsheet below -
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Od5MoCztQ5m0uvdFdO3vW6wRdefQ5PNN

Please compare the horse on the top row in isolation of the paired horse to the left, and enter how you the horse on the top row will do against the other.

When you're done please email to be at huntingdrizzle@gmail.com
    I'll collate the results and share.

It's important this is done without comparing with others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Who else here thinks that Sam Spinner is something special and nobody has seen his best yet? I think we will be on here tomorrow talking about how spectacular his victory was :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

16 10.
    Shannahans Turn is an insane price at 66s with PP and betfair(if you can get on). As low as 25/1 in some books and a generally 33s.

Won a galway plate in 2015 off 142 and eat the hill that day. Off 137 tomorrow has had his issues but 66/1 f me thats insane.

Have has 2 pts each way 5 places 1/5 odds with Paddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭dave81

I was confidently going to back the Storyteller, then Pipe has that King horse who had huge early ability and looks like he still has serious potential. What a great run. I've been burned by pipe for the past 3 years on his plunges.

Anything Eliiott has touted in handicaps has been routed!! Storyteller was my nap last year and biggest backed antepost. He is treated alright here and some great form. Anyone in the Storyteller camp?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

dave81 wrote: »
    I was confidently going to back the Storyteller, then Pipe has that King horse who had huge early ability and looks like he still has serious potential. What a great run. I've been burned by pipe for the past 3 years on his plunges.

Anything Eliiott has touted in handicaps has been routed!! Storyteller was my nap last year and biggest backed antepost. He is treated alright here and some great form. Anyone in the Storyteller camp?

Me! All over it AP, outside of Monalee (:() The Storyteller is my biggest bet/fancy of the week. It probably no coincidence his form ties in with some of Monalee's.

Pipes the only horse i fear actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

akelly02 wrote: »
    Now that ruby is out , and Uds is odds on, I’m out.

Cue card , let’s go baby

It would be a terrible state of affairs if Cue Card won this.

Given the ground and opposition(assuming Douvan doesn't line up) I think UDS could win by 10L +

• Registered Users Posts: 23,843 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

FatRat wrote: »
    Who else here thinks that Sam Spinner is something special and nobody has seen his best yet? I think we will be on here tomorrow talking about how spectacular his victory was :)

I think we may well be...
    looks like he could be a bit better than the rest alright.
    paddy going 10/11 three places looks an absolute gift to me.

him and uds please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

Shanemac28 wrote: »
    HUUUUUGE talk going around Carlow here today about Salsaretta in the mares novice tomorrow.

Apparently Townend is struggling to pick between the two because Laurina hasn't travelled well at all, and because Salsaretta is firing on all cylinders. Proven by the fact they are sending her over for her first run.

My advice, whichever method is preferred, either lay Laurina at a short price or back Salsaretta at a big price, Betfair exchange probably best place at the moment. I have currently layed Laurina @ 1.68 and backed Salsaretta @ 17.5.

Are you tryna get a price on Laurina?

Slattsy wrote: »
    Me! All over it AP, outside of Monalee (:() The Storyteller is my biggest bet/fancy of the week. It probably no coincidence his form ties in with some of Monalee's.

Pipes the only horse i fear actually.

Good man Slattsy, it'll hopefully pay for the hair cut and all those pints.

My first dry Cheltenham since I was 18. Fupping work. I'm going up the fupping walls. I've realised that having an opinion is so much more craic when I'm drinking.

Anyone backing in this just be wary, I have no idea if Douvan is still entered in the Ryanair as some bookies have him priced up and others don't.

Before you back a horse in the market check for Douvan as you might be hit by a 35% rule 4

• Advertisement

Are you tryna get a price on Laurina?

Similar posts in two other thread, I flagged it to the mods.

Shemale wrote: »
    Similar posts in two other thread, I flagged it to the mods.

Rat!! :D

I see we've lost a Mod.

I really like Forza Milan in Pertemps. I cannot make any case as to why he would turn things around with Louis vac. I just think that he will. I have tried and both have course and ground form. Form lines solid and holding firm

If you fancy Sam Spinner, keep an eye on Louis. Form line with him from November Chel meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Few quid for Dovan on the exchange. Looking more likely he will run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Shemale wrote: »
    It would be a terrible state of affairs if Cue Card won this.

Given the ground and opposition(assuming Douvan doesn't line up) I think UDS could win by 10L +

I don’t think Townend will be able to preserve enough energy on Uds

Hence cue card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

sdoc13 wrote: »
    Few quid for Dovan on the exchange. Looking more likely he will run.

Matt Chapman said on Twitter earlier he is a non runner

Shattered Love for me tomorrow in the JLT.

Irish horses way ahead in this division if the RSA is a good pointer. SL getting 7lbs off everything, a lot of rain due, she wants soft or heavy and stays 3 miles. Massive chance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

1.30 kemboy ew
    2.10 Delta Work ew
    2.50 UDS
    3.30 Lami Serge ew
    4.10 Kings Socks ew
    4.50 Larina
    5.30 The young MASTER ew

BOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Slattsy wrote: »
    Shattered Love for me tomorrow in the JLT.

Irish horses way ahead in this division if the RSA is a good pointer. SL getting 7lbs off everything, a lot of rain due, she wants soft or heavy and stays 3 miles. Massive chance!!

Am all in on this since last week. The price is after contracting a fair bit but there is still a bit of juice there 8/1 or so.
    Hopefully she runs a cracker. There is something about a good mare jumping fences against the geldings. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

I am by no means a big Mullins fan or backer but to me he seems to have 3/4 great chances tomorrow with invitation only uds laurina and penhill in the stayers

Advertisement