Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2018 - Day 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Going with a mix of John Duggan & blind luck today:

14:50 Fixe la Kap
    16:10 Cause of Causes
    16:50 The King of May
    17:30 Carefully Selected

And I also got Samcro, Presenting Percy, Max Dynamite, Altoir & Mitchouka in a Canadian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Meath Centre Forward

The Ballymore is a 2 horse race. Samcro has screamed brilliance in all 3 of his hurdle races and 2 of his 3 bumpers (he didn't look so good in Navan's G2 bumper last season) while Next Destination looks a much lazier horse who takes a bit of winding up. I think if Next Destination is able hang on in there with Samcro, he might out scrap him up the hill. He looks like a horse that just keeps on finding for pressure. He's also been up the hill before. The fact Samcro hasn't been in a battle yet, while not his own fault, is a concern. It would be dream stuff if Black Op could win for yesterday's Supreme winning connections but the front 2 look like 2 superstars to me. Duc Des Genievres is a maiden who's been beaten by the front 2 on his only 2 starts.

I cannot see Altior getting beat in the CC assuming the lameness thing can now be ignored. Douvan faces a massive ask off a long lay-off. You could give him a chance coming in here if he was the reigning champ but he was well beaten last season and to be honest, he never looked himself last season. Min and Politologue would be worthy champion chasers in any other year but they are meeting a superstar in Altior.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

no sign of getting evens on samcro?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

akelly02 wrote: »
    no sign of getting evens on samcro?

PP giving Samcro and Atior at 3s in a double.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,940 ✭✭✭circadian

Couldn't resist the out of this world odds on a 6 fold when putting together a betting slip.

40 cents e/w on; Monalee, Fixe Le Kap, Douvan, Auvergnat, The King of May and Carefully Selected.

Return E56,904

Never going to happen but I couldn't resist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Messi19

Boyles 5/4 on Samcro. Not sure what the max is

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

80s Child wrote: »

The kiss of death for one of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

1.30 Samcro 4/5, Next Destination W/O @ 11/8
    2:10 Monalee 7/2
    3:30 Douvan 4/1
    4:10 Cause Of Causes 7/2
    4:50 Embole 25/1 win + 22/1 ew 5 places
    5:30 Rhinestone 13/2

Some very tough races to crack today:

Samcro is class but I expect a tough race from ND.
    I think Monalee will handle the ground best
    Douvan, well if back to himself is more than a match for Altior
    Cause Of Causes will love the conditions and loves the track
    Embole went into my tracker due to his last race, his first after a wind op, I havent been able to rewatch the race so this is a bit on trust
    Was really taken by Rhinestone so far, even in the last race he and Blackbow really looked classy, Rhinestone looked a bit green that day and if he has learned since I think he is more than a match for the favourite and won't mind the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

The kiss of death for one of them!

Hopefully Altior :D

80s Child wrote: »

cant back against douvan, have too much love for him

stupid i know

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

cant back against douvan, have too much love for him

stupid i know

I thought you said a couple of days ago you were backing Altior?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

Was going to go Samcro, Altior/Douvan, Cause of Causes for my final bet of the day
    but can't decide between Altior/Douvan

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Messi19

showpony1 wrote: »
    Was going to go Samcro, Altior/Douvan, Cause of Causes for my final bet of the day
    but can't decide between Altior/Douvan

Back Min then!

kiers47 wrote: »
    I thought you said a couple of days ago you were backing Altior?

i did but that went out the window when apples jade got beat.had them in an accum. also the puss in foot thing worried me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Gone with Samcro, but have 1€ e/w on Brahma Bull, Scarpeta & Minds Eye.
    Am all over Black Corton, Al Boum seems main danger.
    Have gone for Mischevious Max, though also have As you Were in a saver 10c heinz. There's a niggle in my head saying Mount Mews so will watch the betting and might put a fiver on if it shortens anything.
    Have to go with Altior, if he's anywhere near right. Min the danger (saver).
    Bless the wings though have a Urgent De Gregaine in my saver heinz.
    Nube Negra, but have a Grand Sancy in the 10c saver & a couple of euro e/w on Mastermind.
    Acey Milan, Rhinestone saver heinz.

So one main super Heinz & saver with my second picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

My bets today.

2.10 Presenting Percy

2.50 William Harry

3.30 Min

4.10 Cause of Causes

4.50 Mitchouka

5.30 Rhinestone

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

The hangover isnt too bad today. Nothing a brekkie roll & 12 soluble Solpadine wont sort out anyway!

Monalee has been the horse i fancied most this year and have been backing it steadily from 7 to 5s and was obviously delighted to see him win the Flogas. The ground has dampened my enthusiasm somewhat, but i believe he's the best horse. Doubts about the trip on this ground but i've let most of my bets go and hope for the best. I cashed out on one for a saver on Al Boum Photo as i really ****ing fancied this fella for the JLT, so i couldnt let him go unbacked on ground he'll love.

1.30 - Samcro looks a good thing but i've gone e/w on Duc Des Genievres. Though i also think Vision Des Flos is a good e/w bet.

2.10 - See above

2.50 - All over Le Breuil e/w on this. Ground right up its street, has bits and pieces of very good form, notably beating Benatar, and i think he's very well handicapped to go very close here.

3.30 - No bet. Altior wins.

4.10 - I think TLS should win this but its a poxy race and i never have a strong enough fancy. COC and Tiger Roll are well fancies but im taking a chance on Urumqi at 50s to place. Cottin can get one ready for this so small e/w.

4.50 - Eragon De Chanay wins if he's over Saturday exploits. Couldnt put anyone off Lisp e/w either.

5.30 - Money coming for Rhinestone so they obviously think he can reverse the form. Ive no real angle on the race tbh, but i'll go for Felix Desjy.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

main bet on samcro 4/5 will more than cover the day

prob do altior also but will get most of my stake back if he falls (corals)

4.50 eragon du chanay 12/1 after saturdays romp
    5.30 felix desjy and blackbow
    4.10 cause of causes 4/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Motivator

Have gone with:

Duc De Genievres ew without Samcro 5/1 3 places - This looks a cracking bet and I can only see him improving up in trip. He looks slow as a boat so I think he’ll stay on up the hill when others are feeling the heat if/when Samcro starts pouring it on.

Monalee - slightly worried about the ground but I was really impressed with him at Leopardstown last time out after that horrible fall at Christmas. He’s crying out for the trip and I think he’ll take some beating here.

Acey Milan - my main bet of the day. I think he’s very good and he’s getting plenty weight from the others. He’ll stay on up the hill and will love the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭Gardner

1.30 Samcro

2.10 Presenting Percy

2.50 topoftheleague

3.30 Altior

4.10 Cause of Causes

4.50 Lisp

5.30 Felix Desjy

EW Super Heinz paying ridiculous money.

Really fancy Samcro and Altior to do the business. Percey and Cause of Causes have to run big races to be there or there abouts as i expect Douvan / Min to run huge races and same with TLS and tiger roll.

Threw in topoftheleague, lisp and felix for value and backed them individually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

i did but that went out the window when apples jade got beat.had them in an accum. also the puss in foot thing worried me

Fair enough. Id be more worried backing a horse who hasnt run in a year on the back of a cracked pelvis at 3/1-7/2 than a horse with a bit of puss in a frog a few days ago at 6/5 tbh.
    But each to their own i guess. Best of luck with it.

i understand what you mean. after apples yesterday i was back to square 1 regarding bets, so i just let my heart rule my head

no harm done if altior wins, i think he will make hard work of it but get the job done

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

1330 - Brahma Bull w/o Samcro. David Casey says hes been working really well at home. This race has a habit of eating up hot favourites (Denman, Aran Concerto, Pont Alexandre etc) but one of them is due to come in.

1410 - Black Corton. My feeling is the British novices are ahead of the Irish and its Paul Nicholls trained so should be there or thereabouts.

1450 - Abyssial - Another Willie Mullins outsider. He's a horse thats been highly thought of and not delivered yet, mainly due to injury. I think he could be a sneaky each way.

1530 - Min - Uninterrupted preperation for this talented gelding and I wasnt convinced by Altiors Arkle win last year. Douvan won't make the frame.

1650 - Knight Destroyer Acts on soft, decent third to Triumph favourite last time, trainer has a habit of producing sneaky handicap plots at the Festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Matt Chapman is a ****ing legend

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Douvan seems to be sliding, min moving in

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Alot forgetting about Politilogue. Hes a very classy animal and will love the soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭thelostboys23

Samcro
    Monalee
    Altior
    Treble

Le Breul
    Last Samurai
    Look my Way
    Rhinestone
    In lucky 15

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Didactic Ninja

P F Nicholls has a horn on him a cat wouldn't scratch. I expect him to be balls deep today.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,463 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Samcro
    Altior
    Presenting Percy
    Cause of Causes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Ew on ddg, and took the Paddy power 5/1 on the altior/samco double

Advertisement