Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2018 - Day 2

Options
  • 10-03-2018 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭

Cheltenham 2018 - Day 2
    Day 2 - Wed 13:30… Ballymore Novices' Hurdle (Grade 1) Cl1 (4yo+) 2m5f
    Day 2 - Wed 14:10… RSA Insurance Novices' Chase (Grade 1) Cl1 (5yo+) 3m½f
    Day 2 - Wed 14:50… Coral Cup Handicap Hurdle (Grade 3) Cl1 (4yo+) 2m5f
    Day 2 - Wed 15:30… Betway Queen Mother Champion Chase (Grade 1) Cl1 (5yo+) 2m
    Day 2 - Wed 16:10… Glenfarclas Chase (Cross Country Chase) Cl2 (5yo+) 3m6f
    Day 2 - Wed 16:50… Fred Winter Juvenile Handicap Hurdle (Grade 3) Cl1 (4yo) 2m½f
    Day 2 - Wed 17:30… Champion Bumper (National Hunt Flat Race) (Grade 1) Cl1 (4-6yo) 2m½f

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,313 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Douvan Vs Altior Vs Min.

Proper and Exciting Race to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Belter of a race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Claregaafan18

So Min will be ridden by Paul Townend and Douvan will be ridden by Ruby for the CC. Personally from a PR point of view this has been a disaster for Ricci and Mullins. Hope this episode does not put a wedge between the two men as Ricci has done a lot in relation to investing in Irish racing by supporting WP Mullins.

I though RR said something very significant last night on ATR by saying that he would like to see more of Willie's top guns racing on a more frequent basis throughout the winter months, rather then getting them ready in particular for Cheltenham and Punchestown. In other words he feels that Cheltenham should not the be all end all for the Closutton based trainer.

While I won't bet too big this week, the best long range bet for the coming months must be that RR will end his association with Willie I'm afraid after all the hassle starting with Vautour - will he won't he run in the Ryanair and now with Douvan and not forgetting the events leading to Faugheen's withdrawal from the Champion Hurdle in 2016.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Didactic Ninja

Hope douvan pulls up after 50 yards. Consistent douchebaggery from all involved

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Hope douvan pulls up after 50 yards. Consistent douchebaggery from all involved
    thats scandalous commentary . Anyone caught with a loosing bet only has themselves to blame .. Looks a great race now .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

aidankkk wrote: »
    thats scandalous commentary . Anyone caught with a loosing bet only has themselves to blame .. Looks a great race now .

It looks like an unbelievable race. Why are people moaning? They said the Ryanair was under consideration not that he was definitely running there. It's not their fault the Racing Post miscommunicated that. Would have been awful to run a horse like Douvan in the Ryanair when the Champion Chase is there for the taking.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

RP are slow to update the racecards. Is Brahma Bull declared for the Ballymore?
    Word is David Casey says hes been working great at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

RP are slow to update the racecards. Is Brahma Bull declared for the Ballymore?
    Word is David Casey says hes been working great at home.

Yes, declared.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

40/1 - have to have a nibble at that each way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

ALTIOR INJURED!! FFFFFUUUUUCCCKKK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Altior 13/8 on the exchange now

Will hold off backing until I hear more from Henderson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

as i said in the day 1 thread, think the favs all do well Tuesday and then everyone pours onto Samcro and he gets turned over.

this development plus the Altior injury puts every one off him (if he runs) and he drifts way out, then hacks up anyway.

and then no more 'good things' come in until Laurina on Thursday.

If Altior runs I will back him, simple as. the injury is a concern but if he goes ill take him and his course winning form over samcro who hasn't even ran there before.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

Backed next destination on the Skybet offer.

It's a shot to nothing. His form is on par with Samcro so why not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

handsfree2 wrote: »
    Backed next destination on the Skybet offer.

It's a shot to nothing. His form is on par with Samcro so why not.

i was actually thinking this could be one of the races to back the 2nd, 3rd and 4th strings but ND has already beat the 2nd string handy enough. if you're backing anything but samcro i say wait. samcro is going to be shorter than he is now which is crazy, if he goes shorter than beveur dair who is way more of a cert imo.

doesn't look like there's ever even been a favorite this short let alone a winning one this short in this race the last 20 years. all the favs who won have been odds against. what that means i dunno but i was a lot more keen on altior and just could see that his injury plus all the hype already on samcro will make him so popular (bc altior won't be popular any more) and if the favs win on Tuesday he'll be an insanely short price.

Black Op has to be a decent e/w shout at 9/1, sure he just barely failed in a grade 2 at Cheltenham in January, in a race that was also called balkllymore novice hurdle. and noel fehily is 1-1 on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

Altior been steadily shortening all the time, are we going to get some good news tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

what are peoples thoughts on presenting percy?
    likely to be overturned by Monalee?

showpony1 wrote: »
    what are peoples thoughts on presenting percy?
    likely to be overturned by Monalee?

Russell in the Star yesterday

"For Presenting Percy to be at his best, he needs good ground and there probably will be plenty of ease in the ground. That's a concern. He will have to put on a career best to win this RSA".

"Of the rest, I must say Monalee was impressive at Leopardstown the last day, he showed plenty of class and guts to come back from that fall at Christmas".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Going on the times today. The ground is back to Soft according to the time guru's

kiers47 wrote: »
    Going on the times today. The ground is back to Soft according to the time guru's

Expecting rain though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 moneymore

Monalee 4/1 have to play!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

Thank god for this site and Paddy Power money back offer today. One winner on what I posted in todays thread.

Tomorrows selections

1.30 Vision Des Flos
    2.10 Black Corton and Al Boum Photo
    2.50 Max Dynamite
    3.30 Douvan
    4.10 Josies Orders
    4.50 Style De Garde
    17.30 Didtheyleaveyououttoo. My festival banker.

Have 1 Euro Lucky 15s too

Next Destination, Bless the wings, The King Of May, Rhinestone

And A favourites ACCa Samcro, Monalee,Altior, Cause of Causes

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ItsGoosey

Monalee will definitely be going into a bet for me tomorrow.

Apples Jade is going onto a similar list as Annie Power after today!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭munster87

piplip87 wrote: »
    Thank god for this site and Paddy Power money back offer today. One winner on what I posted in todays thread.

Tomorrows selections

1.30 Vision Des Flos
    2.10 Black Corton and Al Boum Photo
    2.50 Max Dynamite
    3.30 Douvan
    4.10 Josies Orders
    4.50 Style De Garde
    17.30 Didtheyleaveyououttoo. My festival banker.

Have 1 Euro Lucky 15s too

Next Destination, Bless the wings, The King Of May, Rhinestone

And A favourites ACCa Samcro, Monalee,Altior, Cause of Causes

I'm on Jp's other one, Rhinestone, why so confident on Didtheyleaveyououttoo?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ItsGoosey

E/W Double
    2.10 - Black Corton @ 15/2
    2.50 - Le Breuil @ 14/1

To Win Double
    4.10 - Tiger Roll @ 11/2
    5.30 - Blackbow @ 5/1

Also have them in an E/W acca too!

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Cause Of Causes and Blackbow in a double.

Thrown in a small treble with Monalee too.

My tips for tomorrow (Wednesday) are

1:30 Vision Des Flos - very impressive in his last start in Exeter after having a wind op
    2:50 As You Were - well fancied after solid runs in Ireland
    4:50 Embole - like VDF had a wind op before impressing last time out in Wincanton

in a e/w accumulator

My win bet tomorrow is Black Corton (2:10) and Nube Negra (4:50) in a double. The former will appreciate any improvement in the going and is progressing very nicely after a emphatic win beating Ms Parfois in Ascot, who franked the form in the NH Chase today with a cracking second.

Nube Negra gave Apple's Shakira (fav for the Triumph on Friday) her toughest race in Cheltenham in December and looks most progressive for the Skelton's in a hot race.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

UK novices were to the fore in the Supreme, though the Irish did have the 3rd (boosting Samcro's form) and 4th

Hence I'm going to back Black Op tomorrow. Already have him in an ew double with Santini on Friday but will back him win and place tomorrow also

Samcro may well turn into a superstar but is woefully short

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Moon Dice

Sweet Jesus let Samcro win. Would love to see him blow them all away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Samcro, Douvan, cause of causes.

Trixie.

Apples jade ruined my day today. Hoping for better luck tomorrow

Advertisement