Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2018 Audi e-tron: Audi accepts deposits for electric SUV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

If you order one next week when would you realistically expect to get it?I am guessing another budget would not be far away or maybe even later.

Any source for this information?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

It's worth noting that the iPace is absolutely unavailable. You can talk to Jaguar but as soon as you start talking about any sort of commitment it goes into ealy 2019 and then to mid 2019 or even later - I'm actually going for the Audi as the likelier to be available to take delivery of first, albeit I have jumped on the 'pre-reservation' bandwagon there since it was available, whereas Jag never officially offered that in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,158 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Any source for this information?

'I am guessing' is the source of this information

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

If you order one next week when would you realistically expect to get it?I am guessing another budget would not be far away or maybe even later.

Theres a deposit system in place with many existing deposit holders in front of you already. Depending on how many hold onto their slot it could be quite a while!

https://www.audietron.ie/en

for those who might be interested -

http://www.etronpreview.ie/wp/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I'm sure the €50k BIK cap has killed a huge amount of these deposits. Interesting car none the less, might take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Zenith74

I'm sure the €50k BIK cap has killed a huge amount of these deposits. Interesting car none the less, might take a look.

I think I read the BIK is not restricted to €50k cars, rather you only get the 0% rate on the first €50k of the car MSRP. So it’s still a good deal, you could have an €80k Audi for the amount of BIK payable on a €30k car.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

If that's the case, its still a good deal indeed.

Zenith74 wrote: »
    I think I read the BIK is not restricted to €50k cars, rather you only get the 0% rate on the first €50k of the car MSRP. So it’s still a good deal, you could have an €80k Audi for the amount of BIK payable on a €30k car.

Has that been confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Has that been confirmed?

Yes, its in the finance bill (this time!). Just make sure it gets voted into law.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

Was at the launch event today - one model option only (Sport) for the time being €101k pre-incentives. Those who have paid deposits will start getting delivered April. General order books open January for deliveries in second half of 2019.

There was mention of a cheaper, smaller range option being in the pipeline

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

bf wrote: »
    There was mention of a cheaper, smaller range option being in the pipeline

Any chance it would be around €40k... no?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Arbie

Sat into it today at the demo in IADT. Beautiful car. Lots of space front and back. Specs are very good. Wing mirrors replaced by cameras and screens is pretty strange but I like that you can change the angle to remove blind spot.

Arbie wrote: »
    Sat into it today at the demo in IADT. Beautiful car. Lots of space front and back. Specs are very good. Wing mirrors replaced by cameras and screens is pretty strange but I like that you can change the angle to remove blind spot.

Just a question but is the one spec available in Ireland also including those mirror/cameras?

catharsis wrote: »
    Just a question but is the one spec available in Ireland also including those mirror/cameras?

No, they will be an option. No price confirmed, but rumored to be about €3k extra

KCross wrote: »
    Any chance it would be around €40k... no?! :D

Not the Audi version

The VW Crozz is the answer.

bf wrote: »
    No, they will be an option. No price confirmed, but rumored to be about €3k extra

You get a copy of the details of the 'sport' spec which will be 101K by any chance?

catharsis wrote: »
    You get a copy of the details of the 'sport' spec which will be 101K by any chance?

Sorry, nope they didn’t have them there

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭icom

Teslabjorn has borrowed an e-tron from Audi for 3 days, but he is not allowed to reveal his results until February 27th ! He had to sign a non-disclosure agreement :eek:

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTjwOlOq1cM

Jesus, Bjorn really goes on rambling talking sh1t in many of his videos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

And I'd sit listening to him talk about EVs for hours.
    There's two youtubers I could listen to for hours on end and not get bored or lose interest (I often watch the livestreams if I'm in work at the weekend)

Bjorn is one, because he knows his stuff and is very entertaining, and Kim from Like Tesla is the other.. because.. well.. she's rather attractive and she's talking about EVs!

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭icom

It's not sh1t, it's sheeeeeeeeeeeeet :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

ELM327 wrote: »
    And I'd sit listening to him talk about EVs for hours.
    There's two youtubers I could listen to for hours on end and not get bored or lose interest (I often watch the livestreams if I'm in work at the weekend)

Bjorn is one, because he knows his stuff and is very entertaining, and Kim from Like Tesla is the other.. because.. well.. she's rather attractive and she's talking about EVs!

I normally like Kim, but watching the chat with Ben Sullins was a bit cringey with the impression of entitlement.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

liamog wrote: »
    I normally like Kim, but watching the chat with Ben Sullins was a bit cringey with the impression of entitlement.
    Totally. And the episode about the "tiny house" thing also screamed of entitlement

But, she could be talking about the history of kazakhstan and I'd listen :D:D:o

Bjorn needs to cut the bullsh1t, he could cut his videos in half if he didn't talk so much boring sh1t and I don't want to see or hear someone talking sh1t while crumbs are falling from their mouth !

I like the guy really but sometimes he turns me off his videos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Bjorn needs to cut the bullsh1t, he could cut his videos in half if he didn't talk so much boring sh1t and I don't want to see or hear someone talking sh1t while crumbs are falling from their mouth !

I like the guy really but sometimes he turns me off his videos.

Thats why he is so popular

He's not an auto journalist, real world stuff

Eating and drinking his Coca Cola is part of the show

Lol , I realise he has a loyal following but come one, a bit of basic manners wouldn't go astray no ?

Not only that but his ramblings need to be toned down. Not everyone wants to watch 30 odd mins of Bjorn talking crap in order for to get to the point.

Don't get me wrong, he's a cool chap but sometimes he drive me nuts !

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Zenith74

Lol , I realise he has a loyal following but come one, a bit of basic manners wouldn't go astray no ?

Not only that but his ramblings need to be toned down. Not everyone wants to watch 30 odd mins of Bjorn talking crap in order for to get to the point.

Don't get me wrong, he's a cool chap but sometimes he drive me nuts !

After seeing you ranting about how long his videos were I went and watched one of the longs ones for the first time the other day, ended up watching an hour of him pottering about in an i3 in the background. Actually quite enjoyed it!

To be fair I feel your pain though, long rambling YouTube videos that spend 10 minutes when you just want to know how to set a charge timer or something are infuriating. But I don't think he pitches these long videos at that audience. I genuinely feel like I have a much better understanding of what living with an i3 would be like after watching that 1 hour video, no way you'd get that even with over an hour of much shorter videos. Just different use-cases I think...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I like him because he’s very real world reviews and tests, some of which take a very long time and his dedication as he edits his own videos, he cusses and just the odd time you get to catch a glimpse of his missus.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Tests starting to come in

30kWh/100km consumption

https://youtu.be/My_jPqMvem4

Advertisement