Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2018 Audi e-tron: Audi accepts deposits for electric SUV

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,607 ✭✭✭creedp

ELM327 wrote: »
    pathetic
    VAG can't even match the model X thats been out for years.

In fairness the Model X may be a great car but it's downright ugly. Every time I see one I can't see beyond that terribly uninspiring Mr Blobbly design.

Wouldn't mind being able to afford one though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

creedp wrote: »
    In fairness the Model X may be a great car but it's downright ugly. Every time I see one I can't see beyond that terribly uninspiring Mr Blobbly design.

Plus it falls apart and seem to suffer from rust

Once you play that silly music thing once the novalty is over and now you have paid 100k +for a car that is disintegrating in front of your eyes...

Range is not everything on these vehicles

Rust, are you joking ?

Rust, are you joking ?

Bjoern I think is his name, the guy that keeps saying “sh*t” posted pic of rust on his....it was how old?

I think he just sold it?

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Bjoern I think is his name, the guy that keeps saying “sh*t” posted pic of rust on his....it was how old?

I think he just sold it?

Oh yeah the Chap that's always rambling talking sh1t and stuffing his face on camera.

Wow, in this day and age that's bad, even worse if it's a common problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

So it does 330 - 350 odd Kms and can charge at what , 150 Kw ? Doubt many people in Ireland will be concerned over that. I'd be quite happy with that to be honest.

People will be concerned about the reliability of Tesla in the beginning and also where they can go to get repairs etc.

I like the Audi, I always liked German cars, however the Model 3 might convince me to go back away from German cars but I'm not sure I like that minimalist interior and big tablet in my face.

I don't see the point of it really, especially in its home market of Germany

It takes 35kWh/100km on the motorway here

It will barely make Limerick - Dublin with that efficiency

Its a short range EV, it won't go much further than a 25k Ioniq at 140kmh

150kW charging is great alright but no chargers available and the ones that do become available will cost the same as diesel.

Tesla at that price range has free supercharging and will hit 250kW once upgraded

If u can afford a 100k car why would you buy something that can only do 200km at 140kmh on the motorway?

Running costs are not issue so wouldnt a nice 4.0TDI or 3.0TFSI pluggin hybrid be a better solution?

Audi won't sell much of these here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭Damien360

Mike9832 wrote: »

They will sell plenty. These will primarily be doing the school run and pottering around town for those that can afford them. It is same class of car as Q8, Range Rover etc. and those are mostly seen in suburbs rather than off road or motorways.

As for more practical range in a Tesla, range not required, they will highly likely have another car and it still looks like a Mondeo to me. The Audi looks like it cost 100k. Looks matter for keeping up with the Jones's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Damien360 wrote: »
    They will sell plenty. These will primarily be doing the school run and pottering around town for those that can afford them. It is same class of car as Q8, Range Rover etc. and those are mostly seen in suburbs rather than off road or motorways.

As for more practical range in a Tesla, range not required, they will highly likely have another car and it still looks like a Mondeo to me. The Audi looks like it cost 100k. Looks matter for keeping up with the Jones's.

Whats plenty

50 of them?

They are only making 20k worldwide this year and Scandinavians where its cheaper to buy an EV than a bicycle, will take 80% of them

Whats plenty

50 of them?

They are only making 20k worldwide this year and Scandinavians where its cheaper to buy an EV than a bicycle, will take 80% of them

I love these numbers you come out with on all these posts, are you part of the car industry all of a sudden?

Audi have said the have 20k reservations, not they are only making 20k.....

I don't see the point of it really, especially in its home market of Germany

It takes 35kWh/100km on the motorway here

It will barely make Limerick - Dublin with that efficiency

Its a short range EV, it won't go much further than a 25k Ioniq at 140kmh

150kW charging is great alright but no chargers available and the ones that do become available will cost the same as diesel.

Tesla at that price range has free supercharging and will hit 250kW once upgraded

If u can afford a 100k car why would you buy something that can only do 200km at 140kmh on the motorway?

Running costs are not issue so wouldnt a nice 4.0TDI or 3.0TFSI pluggin hybrid be a better solution?

Audi are a premium brand, Tesla are not, that's one reason it will sell. A lot of People who buy Premium German cars are not interested in Teslas which most people will see them as cars for EV / technology enthusiasts , People actually like German cars and this is the difference.

280-300 Kms is plenty with 150 Kw charging.

There is also the real concern over warranty claims , who's going to service, who's going to fix it if it breaks, how long will it take to get parts etc.

And even if it costs the same to charge as diesel on a 150 Kw chargerwho cares ? the couple of times a year people might need to go beyond 250-300 kms it's a non issue and at that they might only need 20 mins to get home.

Comparing the Audi to a budget brand car like the Ioniq makes no sense. Would I rather have the Audi over Ioniq ? absolutely no question !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

creedp wrote: »

Each to their own but I like the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

Audi are a premium brand, Tesla are not, that's one reason it will sell. A lot of People who buy Premium German cars are not interested in Teslas which most people will see them as cars for EV / technology enthusiasts , People actually like German cars and this is the difference.

280-300 Kms is plenty with 150 Kw charging.

There is also the real concern over warranty claims , who's going to service, who's going to fix it if it breaks, how long will it take to get parts etc.

And even if it costs the same to charge as diesel on a 150 Kw chargerwho cares ? the couple of times a year people might need to go beyond 250-300 kms it's a non issue and at that they might only need 20 mins to get home.

Comparing the Audi to a budget brand car like the Ioniq makes no sense. Would I rather have the Audi over Ioniq ? absolutely no question !

It looks very much like Audi registered 21 new E-Trons in March (assuming there was no other vendor which registered 21 new cars in March in the 'other' category)
    Tesla registered 7 new cars in the country in the same period.

admittedly some of that demand would be pent-up - but still interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 64,793 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Interesting review from a German Tesla Model S owner taking a long test drive in an e-Tron. I haven't watched all of it, but the reviewer seems to give an open and honest review of the car. Summary: he likes it a lot. The e-Tron has excellent build quality and is quieter at motorway speeds. Efficiency is poor and thus range is very poor (the 95kWh e-Tron has far worse range than his 75kWh Tesla). If the Ionity charging network were on a par with the Tesla Supercharger network (which it will be in the next year or so), he sure would consider buying an e-Tron next though. I guess none of this surprised me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,270 ✭✭✭✭ted1

ted1 wrote: »

Haha, seen this today and wondered how long before it got posted

Funny on Tesla websites and both “Report”....no info from Audi....

Also these “reports” don’t seem to know what a tender process is, the point of a tender process and signing up means you can’t just back out of it midstream or start changing pricing as you want.

Also I read in another website one of the battery plants is only ruining st 2/3rd production as demand had not increased dramatically

The Tesla pr machine is up and running anyway

Both article have quite a Chuck of positive Tesla Info, wonder how much of this we will see before the ID launch in a few day....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭BigAl81

More info here...

https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/19/18508066/audi-etron-delay-batteries-lg-chem

Link says they'll have to make less than planned and have longer wait times.

Article discusses implication for VW as using same battery supplier.

BigAl81 wrote: »
    More info here...

https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/19/18508066/audi-etron-delay-batteries-lg-chem

Link says they'll have to make less than planned and have longer wait times.

Article discusses implication for VW as using same battery supplier.

This is best bit

Wait times have jumped from two months to “6 to 7 months,”

Hardly a jump now....a 1 month delay on shipping is not unheard of with combustion engine cars from Audi or VW.....

Again a lot of "reports" and pointing to another company. Also no comment from Audi.

Audi/VW seems to get clicks so people seem obsessed. It has no number of how many have "jumped" or if it is one person. A few posts back it was suggested they would only make 20k this year, now it is 45k.

:p:p:p:p

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

There is a very noticeable trend for Tesla focused press to have no idea how the auto industry works.

For instance they reported huge drops in Kona production in February and speculated that it was due to the battery shortages. They failed to notice that Hyundai reduce production in February across all their lines. 160,000 down to 110,000 due to factory stoppages around Korean New Year.

liamog wrote: »
    There is a very noticeable trend for Tesla focused press to have no idea how the auto industry works.

For instance they reported huge drops in Kona production in February and speculated that it was due to the battery shortages. They failed to notice that Hyundai reduce production in February across all their lines. 160,000 down to 110,000 due to factory stoppages around Korean New Year.

Exactly.....plus they are all “reports” which means your contact could be John out in the smoking area at coppers and they can print it

All rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

Summer range test results:

90 km/h, 56 mph: 370 km, 230 mi, 225 Wh/km, 362 Wh/mi
    120 km/h, 75 mph: 270 km, 168 mi, 308 Wh/km, 496 Wh/mi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

And it's charging pretty fast at 150kW

Advertisement