Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Codenames League of Legends Sign Up Thread

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Actually, come to think of it, once we have a league done and take notes from what worked and didnt work in both league and cup format, we can look at doing a schedule of competitions, like we do for WW.

Might be a good way to ensure we have a few different organisers, and we can coordinate if teams stay the same across both in a season format as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Guffy wrote: »
    Current name is quite possibly the worst name I've ever seen :D

It sounds like a weird bug

Play by ear of course but I hope leagues become regular, 3 month on 1 off or similar would be great! The whole get knocked out in R1 thing isn't my favourite :(

Do we need a disclaimer that people are free to host and look for non-league and non-champ games in the forum, I know if I wandered in for a game and saw nothing but CN League 1 Games I wouldn't be too confident about starting my own once off game

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Play by ear of course but I hope leagues become regular, 3 month on 1 off or similar would be great! The whole get knocked out in R1 thing isn't my favourite :(

Do we need a disclaimer that people are free to host and look for non-league and non-champ games in the forum, I know if I wandered in for a game and saw nothing but CN League 1 Games I wouldn't be too confident about starting my own once off game

Absolutely. Teams are free to schedule friendlies or intermingle with their competitors as well.

Would be good of us all to try to keep scheduling games outside the league, i reckon.

Maybe with some beginner friendly name 'Codenames Game XX - OPEN TO ALL'. Something like that.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fixtures thread up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Necrominus wrote: »
    Absolutely. Teams are free to schedule friendlies or intermingle with their competitors as well.

I might need some brushing up before the league starts anyways, will get on that.

I'm specifically talking about new members to the forum, not the guys that are already here when I'm talking about wandering in for a once off, just to be clear

Molly and I will crush you all. Behold our glorious team flag.

445433.png

Digi, Guffy, I may have made an executive change to your name as it was making even me slightly ill.

Your new name: Digital Warriors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Why did banjo and I get the BFG name?

1200px-RPG-7_detached.jpg

Not complaining, just inquisitive.

I dunno, if you want to change it let me know sKeith. Thought it apt as ye play RPGs together?

• Advertisement

I dunno, if you want to change it let me know sKeith. Thought it apt as ye play RPGs together?

Out of the roster, I think osh is the only one who don't play RPGs with us all .. lol.

sKeith wrote: »
    Out of the roster, I think osh is the only one who don't play RPGs with us all .. lol.

Ok fair point. If there's a change in the name let me know I can change on my nifty league table site :)

Ok fair point. If there's a change in the name let me know I can change on my nifty league table site :)

I'm fine with it. The big f'ing gun may intimidate the competition :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

sKeith wrote: »

Well if it helps, I have played a number of rpgs in the past - Star Wars, AD&D, Runequest, Marvel, Ars Magica, Vampire the masquerade, off the top of my head! Not in quite a while mind.

Safe to say, we won't be changing the name from partykitten

If they do change from partykitten, me and Molly will take it instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Pter wrote: »
    If they do change from partykitten, me and Molly will take it instead.

After the threat of violence you made against us - NEVER!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

It's very tame though, not the kinda team name one would be brickin' it going up against. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Kolido wrote: »
    It's very tame though, not the kinda team name one would be brickin' it going up against. :D

Kolijoe..... now theres a name you can set your watch to.

Was the points system confirmed for this league?

• Advertisement

Kolido wrote: »
    Was the points system confirmed for this league?

Gonna go with:

3 points for a win.

1 bonus point for a team with 2 clues or less left on the board.

Dropping the assassin point deduction for this run through anyways.

Sounds fair enough. Was going to suggest a words for and against column in the table, like a goal difference in footy in the event teams were tied on points.

Kolido wrote:
    Sounds fair enough. Was going to suggest a words for and against column in the table, like a goal difference in footy in the event teams were tied on points.

Well that can easily be done if it's something people might like. Did you check out my nifty site for calculating the league table :D

Advertisement