Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite chocolate bar

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

ewc78 wrote: »
    Sounds awful.

They're amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭passatman86

Kinder bueno
    Drifter
    Milky bar "large"

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

Kit Kat Chunky (chilled)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Plain Dairy milk chocolate is my go to bar

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dearbhla01

Kinder Bueno and Dairy Milk Golden Crisp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I recently found Sainsbury's in the UK stick Dairy Milk Mint Crisp.
    Happy Days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Wispa, Wispa Gold, Caramello.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Twirl
    Dairy Milk Whole Nut
    Toffee Crisp
    Kinder Bueno
    Purple Snack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭indioblack

Green and Black's organic, dark, 85%. £1.50 in Tesco at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Anyone else rate the Topic bar? Haven't had one in ages but remember them as being decent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

No mention for the old 10p classics.

Chomp
    Freddo
    Macaroon (the new ones aren't as good but still nice)

From the more premium range I love Lion bars, Dairy Milk, Twirl and Double Decker

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ooohhh Chomp and do you remember the Smiley bar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

sicknotexi wrote: »
    No mention for the old 10p classics.
    /QUOTE]

smiley bars were good.

the cheap Mint Crisps were good too.

Was never a fan of slabs of hard toffee like Big Times or Klipsos

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Dark chocolate, orange and almonds from Lindt or Aldi. They are both nice. Ritter Sport with whole hazelnuts among smaller bars. I really can't stand anything from Cadbury, I think it's dry and powdery. It might be a bit of regional thing because I grew up on Milka which is so much creamier. I find it too sweet now but there is no comparison in texture.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭snor

Just adore Macaroon bars - hard to got now - the ones in the pink and white wrapper.
    Who remembers Wham bars and Big Time Bars God they were just awful for our teeth!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Someone has already mentioned topdeck - they were fabulous, milk chocolate topped with white chocolate.

Used to be a shop near Jervis that sold Afrcan food...and stocked 100g Top Decks. Man, would go in a buy about 3 or 4 at a time, a taste that no other milk/white combo has ever equaled. Also sold Secret bars IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Dream bars. Can't get them any more though.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Used to love the Fuse bar. Taken far too soon

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

The purple snack bars are hard to beat

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Ilove the little chomp and fudge ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Ah Chomps, a very underrated bar. Lasts forever too when eating it, it's so chewy.

Did anyone mention a Curly Wurly yet? They are fair nice too.

Basically though it's a longer thinner Chomp with holes in it really, but also delish. I'd ate one now I would :P

Also Loafing Oaf, I read somewhere recently they were bringing the Dream bar back due to demand, I've not seen any anywhere yet, read some article like in the Spring time, hope they do bring it back, liked those too.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Iodine1

Curly Wurly now that's a memory. Saw them some time ago (could be years) and they were much much much smaller than I remember, and before you say it I don't think i have got that much bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

update on Balisto bars: I went into Spar looking for one the other day, your one looked at me as if I'd 10 heads.

Not giving up just yet though . Will keep looking!

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Ah Chomps, a very underrated bar. Lasts forever too when eating it, it's so chewy.

Did anyone mention a Curly Wurly yet? They are fair nice too.

Basically though it's a longer thinner Chomp with holes in it really, but also delish. I'd ate one now I would :P

Also Loafing Oaf, I read somewhere recently they were bringing the Dream bar back due to demand, I've not seen any anywhere yet, read some article like in the Spring time, hope they do bring it back, liked those too.

Cheers. What I would really like is for dreams to be brought back in Cadbury’s heroes, preferably in place of the eclairs. I would happily live exclusively off heroes then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

update on Balisto bars: I went into Spar looking for one the other day, your one looked at me as if I'd 10 heads.

Not giving up just yet though . Will keep looking!

Here you go :)

http://www.chezmax.ie/epicerie/products/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,936 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Noveight wrote: »
    Anyone else rate the Topic bar? Haven't had one in ages but remember them as being decent.

Remember the ad slogan

"What's got a hazelnut in every bite?"

I don't think the answer they were looking for was "Squirrel sh1t" :p

Two and Two bars were my absolute favourite but weren't easy to get even then, and then they disappeared. :(

Used to love Fry's Chocolate Cream. Their Turkish Delight was good too, used to try to bite the top bit of chocolate (which was nice and thick) off in one go, then eat the chocolate off the bottom and sides, then eat the middle bit :o

As far as ordinary bars went, the flat Dairy Milk (like you used to get in selection boxes) always seemed nicer for some reason. Cadbury's Tiffin, used to love them, couldn't stand Fruit & Nut as a kid but developed a taste for it in adulthood. Loved Star Bars too (used to be called Nunch, and was Moro Peanut for a while until it went back to Star Bar)

Life ain't always empty.

• Site Banned Posts: 386 ✭✭Jimmy.

Gave up chocolate bars when I grew up. Any wonder men and women are obese.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,913 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Jimmy. wrote: »

You giving up meant there was over supply, and the rest of us had to take one for humanity, so basically it's your fault.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Jimmy. wrote: »

Edgy.

• Advertisement

RLoved Star Bars too (used to be called Nunch, and was Moro Peanut for a while until it went back to Star Bar)

Yeah they were good, like:D Marathon/Snickers but nicer.

For me anything white is good*, for my birthday and Christmas I treat myself to one of these boxes:

d4f05ecde4488f1a9ea5963ef8641af6.jpg

*n.b. aad7c03f65c78e5f5fce4d89a828735b--ted-quotes-father-ted.jpg

Advertisement